playing shockwave without re-install
Zephyr89
post 25 Jul 2009, 6:43
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 274

Hello SWR fans/developers/modders

First of all, i would like to thank all thoe who're involved in making this mod. Shockwave rocks!

i would like to know if i can run Shockwave without re-installing it. The scenario is as follows:

i have hard disk A, running on my computer. I have installed Generals and Shockwave mod and played it successfully without fail. Now i have unplugged hard disk A and add it to another computer which already have a hard disk of of it's own (let's call it hard disk cool.gif. Can i play Shockwave mod without having to install Generals/Shockwave all over again? Mind you, all the game files are intact and no modifications made (in hard disk A). I simply want to play Shockwave on the new computer without altering hard disk B.

Note: I tried running the game, and after a while the splash screen appeared and then it just fade off. It seems as it terminated after a few second trying to start.

If i'm not mistaken, there's a trick where we can just insert some registry key to make the game playable without installing it all over again. I've done this with some other game and it worked perfectly. Can i do the same with Shockwave?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 25 Jul 2009, 15:24
Post #2

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

The problem lies not on ShW, since it has no registry files. You have to install Generals/Zero:Hour properly, and then add the ShW files to its order.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 21:19