post 6 Sep 2009, 21:08
Post #1

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Hey guys,

I've been playing with a few idea about putting together an intro movie for ROTR (although it will not be completed until the first release with GLA & ECA at the earliest).
Here is the basic concept. There is not much to look at. I was more sampling music and timing for words to appear. Please let me know what you think so far.

First Concept
So I would like some feedback on what I have so far.

I'd also like to find out what kind of things you'd like/expect to see in such an intro movie. This little project might never take off, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

One particular scene that might be cool to feature, would be the Topol-M deploying... perhaps with some GLA technicals/rocket buggies emerging over a hill.

Any ideas or comments welcome.

This post has been edited by Pickysaurus: 7 Sep 2009, 20:22

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 6 Sep 2009, 21:16
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

The "But the war has only just begun" part sounds a bit cheesy, you could change it to be "But now the Russians will Rise again" Or something like that. I'm liking your idea about the Topol M and you could include a Tremor AGAS Firing then some shells landing on the ECA.
In fact tbh I would love to help you create this project

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 6 Sep 2009, 21:23
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (IonCharge @ 6 Sep 2009, 18:16) *
The "But the war has only just begun" part sounds a bit cheesy, you could change it to be "But now the Russians will Rise again" Or something like that. I'm liking your idea about the Topol M and you could include a Tremor AGAS Firing then some shells landing on the ECA.
In fact tbh I would love to help you create this project

Welcome aboard then Ioncharge!

I do agree it's a little cheesey, only problem with your idea is the Russians aren't rising 'again' as the haven't featured in Gens or ZH.
Yeah we will probably feature the Tremor AGAS... I mean it's kinda iconic to ROTR.

Another idea I had would be a Raptor and Berkut going head to head and the Berkut doing a barrel roll to evade the missiles.

But it can't just be about Russia tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
WhiteMetalSesa
post 6 Sep 2009, 21:39
Post #4

WhiteMetalSesa
Group Icon

Member No.: 241
The one and only.

WOW its very good but you must have some battles and the Topol M and Special Russia SUperweapons then is it better but its not bad Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Always, always lead from the front. Never expect a man under your command to undertake an action you're not prepared to make yourself." -Commissar-General Delane Oktar

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 6 Sep 2009, 21:46
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 6 Sep 2009, 18:23) *
I do agree it's a little cheesey, only problem with your idea is the Russians aren't rising 'again' as the haven't featured in Gens or ZH.
Yeah we will probably feature the Tremor AGAS... I mean it's kinda iconic to ROTR.

Another idea I had would be a Raptor and Berkut going head to head and the Berkut doing a barrel roll to evade the missiles.

I meant Russia rising from after WWII but yea....

Raptor And Berkut idea seems pure awesome and then a US Chapperal knocking out the Berkut

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 6 Sep 2009, 22:28
Post #6

Group Icon

Well we can keep thinking on that one... I just don't think it fits the ZH storyline.

Yeah, although gotta be careful not to turn it into a shellmap tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 6 Sep 2009, 22:50
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

Well it's just music and text atm, which doesn't make for much since the music most likely can't be used. I do agree that the second line is rather cheesy.

I'm kinda meh at this point, but I think it would make a world of difference if you actually put something in the BK as a placeholder till you get footage from 1.5 at diff camera angles and stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 6 Sep 2009, 23:57
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (NergiZed @ 6 Sep 2009, 19:50) *
Well it's just music and text atm, which doesn't make for much since the music most likely can't be used. I do agree that the second line is rather cheesy.

I'm kinda meh at this point, but I think it would make a world of difference if you actually put something in the BK as a placeholder till you get footage from 1.5 at diff camera angles and stuff.

Yeah, and what would be the problem with that music? :X

As for the placeholder, I was thinking of adding annotations in the gaps, but had to go out so never got that far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 7 Sep 2009, 0:27
Post #9

Group Icon

The problem with the music is that it's copyrighted, and will probably bu removed by Youtube sometime down the line. We generally avoid using copyrighted material and stick with things that either EA or we've made or something that we have the right to use. I think if the music in the clip was from a game EA made (like MoH, CnC, NFS etc.) than it would be ok.

I personally think one of the most fitting music is the theme music from BF2, since it's got Chinese, Us and Middle Eastern Forces in the game and the music has flavors from all three regions.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 7 Sep 2009, 0:28

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Sep 2009, 1:08
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (NergiZed @ 6 Sep 2009, 21:27) *
The problem with the music is that it's copyrighted, and will probably bu removed by Youtube sometime down the line. We generally avoid using copyrighted material and stick with things that either EA or we've made or something that we have the right to use. I think if the music in the clip was from a game EA made (like MoH, CnC, NFS etc.) than it would be ok.

I personally think one of the most fitting music is the theme music from BF2, since it's got Chinese, Us and Middle Eastern Forces in the game and the music has flavors from all three regions.

Well that particular piece is called "Track 1" in the Alpha Build of Generals I have. So it was made by EA.
Unless you recognise it from somewhere else?

Suppose, but it's kinda copying BF2 then :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Massey
post 7 Sep 2009, 1:26
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

just to nicky and picky.

as far as i know. RotR is on NSAU. Aficea and Eourpe. so its wounlldnt work for that reason. And its been quite a big time span from the GLA war to the RotR euorpe war. so i dont think u can say "battle over eourpe is over, no wait its only just began" (powerfrasing) maybe for "RotR ZH" hehe

but never the less.i hope u keep the idea of one of these alive but i think u need to keep it more general <---(no joke intaned)

8chi.png Massey

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
SGM. Jazzie Spur...
post 7 Sep 2009, 1:28
Post #12

I like turtles.
Group Icon

Member No.: 33
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room! ▀▀▀█ ▀▀▀█

That's.... IIRC The Rock Theme right?

--------------------

Propiety of the Europe Continental Army. Do not capture, interrogate or torture.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Sep 2009, 1:55
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Massey @ 6 Sep 2009, 22:26) *
just to nicky and picky.

as far as i know. RotR is on NSAU. Aficea and Eourpe. so its wounlldnt work for that reason. And its been quite a big time span from the GLA war to the RotR euorpe war. so i dont think u can say "battle over eourpe is over, no wait its only just began" (powerfrasing) maybe for "RotR ZH" hehe

but never the less.i hope u keep the idea of one of these alive but i think u need to keep it more general <---(no joke intaned)

8chi.png Massey

Do you have any suggestions for a better phrase? Most people have pointed that out.

QUOTE (Sgt. Mjr. Jazzie Spurs Kid @ 6 Sep 2009, 22:28) *
That's.... IIRC The Rock Theme right?

Not that I'm aware of, although you may be right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 7 Sep 2009, 3:08
Post #14

Group Icon

Oh, I didn't know that was from Alpha Generals. Well, in that case it's fair game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nidmeister
post 7 Sep 2009, 4:08
Post #15

Lurker
Group Icon

Member No.: 30
Projects: ROTR Dev Team
Har Har Har.

Sounds more like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean than Generals TBH, I don't think it's very fitting.

This post has been edited by Nidmeister: 7 Sep 2009, 4:09

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 7 Sep 2009, 6:07
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I actually like the music (though it originally is from The Rock). Pretty fitting. I think the same guy who composed the soundtrack for The Rock also did Pirates of the Caribbean.

This post has been edited by DerKrieger: 7 Sep 2009, 6:14

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Blck
post 7 Sep 2009, 6:45
Post #17

BUTTS
Group Icon

Member No.: 296
I am a jerk.

QUOTE (NergiZed @ 6 Sep 2009, 19:08) *
Oh, I didn't know that was from Alpha Generals. Well, in that case it's fair game.

They just used random songs; IIRC there's a P.O.D track in there too. I wouldn't call it fair game,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 7 Sep 2009, 6:50
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

When the message "The Battle for Europe is over..." appears, the screen should then slowly fade and turn into a scene of smoking wreck, burning cities, ECA defenders retreating and troops marching back home (or to occupy captured territory). The music should be readjusted to make the scene after the first message feel sad (losing the war, losing comrades). Then when the second message appears, the music could be more exciting (if possible). Battle scenes can be put in there.

I do prefer the first half of the 6 minutes music from the Rock and feel that it's more fitting to the theme.

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Massey
post 7 Sep 2009, 8:14
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 7 Sep 2009, 7:55) *
Do you have any suggestions for a better phrase? Most people have pointed that out.

look. i didnt mean to offen u if i did. if so sry. I was just pointing out what was wrong with it.
if u didnt want help with it. then maybe "Please let me know what you think so far." not the best choose of words
again sry.

8chi.png Massey

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Sep 2009, 9:43
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Be careful when using movie soundtracks, though. The copyright-gestapo on YT is pretty relentless and you probably don't want to have your sound disabled if someone happens to find your video. That's also the reason why we're not going to use copyrighted music in the mod itself. The songs and sounds you hear in-game are owned by EA as far as I know which is probably the only way.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Sep 2009, 16:34
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nidmeister @ 7 Sep 2009, 1:08) *
Sounds more like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean than Generals TBH, I don't think it's very fitting.

Would you like to recommend a better track?

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 7 Sep 2009, 3:07) *
I actually like the music (though it originally is from The Rock). Pretty fitting. I think the same guy who composed the soundtrack for The Rock also did Pirates of the Caribbean.

[youtube video]

Ah I see, it's an extract from that. Kinda sucks :/

QUOTE (Casojin @ 7 Sep 2009, 3:50) *
When the message "The Battle for Europe is over..." appears, the screen should then slowly fade and turn into a scene of smoking wreck, burning cities, ECA defenders retreating and troops marching back home (or to occupy captured territory). The music should be readjusted to make the scene after the first message feel sad (losing the war, losing comrades). Then when the second message appears, the music could be more exciting (if possible). Battle scenes can be put in there.

I do prefer the first half of the 6 minutes music from the Rock and feel that it's more fitting to the theme.

I had also used the video as a draft for time...
Gens intro is about 45secs and ZH is 1min 15secs. This is 1:32 (including SWR logo) so it's fairly close, and there is more content we can show because of the more diverse factions.

QUOTE (Massey @ 7 Sep 2009, 5:14) *
look. i didnt mean to offen u if i did. if so sry. I was just pointing out what was wrong with it.
if u didnt want help with it. then maybe "Please let me know what you think so far." not the best choose of words
again sry.

Don't worry Massey. I'm not offended, its the kind of critique I asked for. I have had a re-think... how about
"Thirty years after Zero Hour..."
"The reds will rise..."
or something?

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 7 Sep 2009, 6:43) *
Be careful when using movie soundtracks, though. The copyright-gestapo on YT is pretty relentless and you probably don't want to have your sound disabled if someone happens to find your video. That's also the reason why we're not going to use copyrighted music in the mod itself. The songs and sounds you hear in-game are owned by EA as far as I know which is probably the only way.

Yeah, well how about the BF2 theme? (I will have a look at it on Youtube shortly.)
Or can't we get away with it by quoting the copyright somewhere?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Sep 2009, 20:26
Post #22

Group Icon

First post update with a newer version of the video.

I've tried some new words and add some videos and pictures.

Any comments for this version?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 7 Sep 2009, 21:54
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

I think its awesome are you thinking of making the screens into the units when we are given more footage???. Also on the Bf2 footage a new patch was released a few day ago for it containing the expantion packs these have european music in it for Bf2 Euro force and it also has more american music for BF2 armoured fury hope this helps i think you can find the the sound tracks to both expantions on youtube if you look. As i have said before if you need help hit me up because im usally always free.

This post has been edited by Jester: 7 Sep 2009, 21:58

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 8 Sep 2009, 0:52
Post #24

Group Icon

Could you link to a few videos?

I looked them up earlier and they were a little too "peaceful" for ROTR, well that's what I think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 8 Sep 2009, 2:01
Post #25

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Just wait until it kicks in at 2:45. aw.gif
The whole thing is a very good soundtrack (as with all Clint Mansell soundtracks), sadly the movie was rather fail.
Works well for trailer music too,

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 9:23