Game of the Year, 2015 edition
Alias
post 4 Dec 2015, 10:07
Post #1

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

It's coming round to that time of year again, and I though I'd create this to see what everyone else's opinions are.

While I've been playing Fallout 4 recently, and while it is the best Bethesda-developed game of recent memory I have found that I haven't really been inclined to go back to finish it quite yet and have been dabbling in other things. While enjoyable, I don't feel the same pull to it that I have felt with some other games.

I've also been looking over Legacy of the Void, but haven't got around to buying or playing it yet, so looking forward to some opinions regarding that too. I'll definitely get it, but will probably wait until it's on sale.

While I'm pretty much only a PC gamer, with a little bit of PS4 thrown in here and there, I have had my eyes out on the new Lara Croft game and it does seem like that is a good contender for this year too, although I think we'll be waiting until next year sometime until it hits the PC/PS4.

GTA V is a decent contender too, even though it was released the year prior on consoles, but I sometimes feel it has the same problems as Fallout 4 and I'm not as engaged in it as I could be.

However, we now come to what I think is easily the best title of this year, and that has to be the Witcher 3. The main storyline is both engaging and thought provoking, the gameplay is extremely crisp and smooth, it is more than likely the best looking game of this year too (it leaves Fallout 4 in the dust), the world is massive, and really feels populated wherever you go. The whole experience as a whole is just amazing. As I'm getting older, there's not many games I can play for a good 10-12 hours straight, but I did that with this several times (which also gives you an idea of how large this game is, I think I only did maybe half or three quarters of the sidequests and I'm pretty sure I hit over 70 hours.

There is just about only one very small minor thing (the only problem I could find) that I found to be a little bit of a disappointment is that the storyline doesn't tie as well into the previous games in the series like the Mass Effect series does. There were quite a lot of opportunities for several key plot points from the Witcher 2 to emerge, but I'm sure as the first expansion provided some links, the second expansion will definitely provide the same too.

On the topic of the expansion/s, the content in them is quite staggering (10+ hours for the first $10 one, which is more than many standalone RPG games have these days), and a promise of 20+ hours for the second and I'm definitely sure CDPR will deliver. I could probably go on for another 4 or 5 paragraphs about this but I guess I should leave it here, and recommend you buy it while you can (as it's currently on sale on Steam for 50% off, which is a complete steal for how much content you get), I'd also recommend you grab the expansion pass to get the two expansions (which I will call "expansions" rather than DLC because that is definitely how much extra it adds to the game).

Interested to seeing what everyone's opinions are.

This post has been edited by Alias: 4 Dec 2015, 10:09

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Basilisx
post 7 Dec 2015, 20:44
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9682

QUOTE (mr_Skittles @ 7 Dec 2015, 14:42) *
Same im on 1050 hrs on kf1 and 102 on kf2, but...
kf2 wont win not by a long shot. its buggy, performance issues, and to top it off its in Early access and they have done microtransactions, a good chunk of the kf community is pi***d off with tripwire doubt they get many votes

The microtransaction thing doesn't bother me at all, as it is just cosmetics and you don't get skins with better weapon stats like in some famous burglar game that pissed off a good chunk of fans.
Despite that they also explained that everyone benefits from that thing, as they back up development for future and also free content and if you know TWI, you know they make a lot of free content for their games, not only for KF.

In KF1 you had 2 times a year a new weaponpack and or new, skinpack. Why not put them in an ingameshop ? It doesn't make a difference for me. Granted, people were asking for more content and when they hear, no you get an ingame shop that can be dishearting BUT people also received a new update last wekk, so that's cool with me and many more updates will follow.

Other than that there is nothing wrong on my end. Performance is top, no bugs spotted to far. I might be too big of a fanboy to see those problems biggrin.gif

Give me a call, if you like to play a round.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3 May 2024 - 1:44