Reply to this topicStart new topic
Computer ai, with in challenge mode and skimishes
Shadow
post 9 Dec 2010, 2:47
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 494

Do any of the generals work fully on the challenge mode on a setting other then hard?

On medium i've played against granger, china nuke, toxin, stealth and tank.

Nuke and granger were the only ones to attack me, I think i saw stealth taking over some oil derricks but apart from that I don't think he attacked.

toxin and tank: they had there nice pretty bases but never attacked me...

In hard setting skirmishes I've played against:
tank gen (rushed with tanks ++ for suprise),

Stealth: he only partially built his base and continually rushed with low level units, He didnt build a palace hence no challenging units or nuke to attack and he eventually ran out of money from no black markets... (I thought all the normal gens had full ai...)

china Special weps: Not had a full match against her yet but in 1v1s she builds base def in the middle of the map smile.gif

Armour gen: Built three tractors nothing more...

Did I break the AI or?

Also when making a dragon tank attack a stinger site it spents more time turning and aiming then actually firing... (most of the time the stinger site wins :S)

This post has been edited by Shadow: 9 Dec 2010, 2:49
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 9 Dec 2010, 14:31
Post #2

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

I think you might've found a bug there with the Dragon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 9 Dec 2010, 18:55
Post #3

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

In challenge mode all generals work on all difficulties.

With each general you walk a preset path of different opponents. If you didn't face townes yet that is just because of your general pick.

Townes on Hard is the hardest challenge in the game...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shadow
post 10 Dec 2010, 16:38
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 494

QUOTE (Shock @ 9 Dec 2010, 19:55) *

With each general you walk a preset path of different opponents. If you didn't face townes yet that is just because of your general pick.

Townes on Hard is the hardest challenge in the game...

This has nothing to do with hard challenge.

Most of the generals in the challenge mode simply don't attack me... at all. I like doing challenge mode just to try out new units on preset building etc but like I said in the op the toxic general doesn't attack me, or build a scud or anything challenging at all. He sits there letting me wipe him out. This is on medium setting.

None of my other points have been addressed: multiplayer ai is now broken and my example with the stealth gen means the existing ai has now been effected for the worse aswell (since .951 etc). I haven't had a full match vs gla salvage but based on what Ive seen I'm scared to... I like doing random vs random, so far a glitch/bad ai has stopped me enjoying the match.

This has been tested fully? I know in .951 that they didn't attack because it hadn't been fully fixed yet but I thought in 1.0 this had been sorted...

+Quote Post
Shock
post 10 Dec 2010, 21:58
Post #5

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Multiplayer AI is not broken.

On your multiplayer AI, it appears to be a client based problem. We have tested the new AIs and they work fine (they even work better than the original generals in terms of variety).

Medium Ironside spams infantry and vehicles early game, builds airfields and attacks with black widows, and techs up to use stuff like Howitsers, builds a superweapon, attacks from different directions and with different types of units at the same time, etcetera.

Stealth General also works fine, although admittedly he techs a bit slow. However after that he does make use of stuff like buggies.

Remember there are some maps (The Path e.g.) that do not provide enough build space for the AI to work correclty, so avoid maps with small starting areas.

The challenge everything is supposed to work decent on all difficulties however they have not been debugged as they were not any priority at the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 5:44