__CrUsHeR
post 4 Aug 2015, 22:03
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

A discussion that I have in mind...

Basically the idea is to add two transport slots for infantry in the Mule Drone in order to provide a minimum protection to the infantry in medium/great distances and for assaults; as the Mule is a dedicated unit for infantry support I believe that this makes sense and does not make the Humvee redundant in terms of gameplay; in short, a small increase in its utility as an a support unit.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 4 Aug 2015, 22:28
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 11257

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 4 Aug 2015, 22:03) *
A discussion that I have in mind...

Basically the idea is to add two transport slots for infantry in the Mule Drone in order to provide a minimum protection to the infantry in medium/great distances and for assaults; as the Mule is a dedicated unit for infantry support I believe that this makes sense and does not make the Humvee redundant in terms of gameplay; in short, a small increase in its utility as an a support unit.

If you wanna use mule for protection or transport, two slots won't help.

--------------------

No technique is forbidden.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 4 Aug 2015, 23:15
Post #3

Group Icon

^ It would be a cheaper and non-redundant alternative regarding to the Humvee (5 slots would be redundant); perhaps could be 3 slots rather than 2, but not more than that.

EDIT: It is important to remember also that the Mule Drone can be carried by Starlifter occupying only one slot, then carry 5 infantry in MD would cause a major meta in the game.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 4 Aug 2015, 23:20

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 4 Aug 2015, 23:21
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 11257

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 4 Aug 2015, 23:15) *
^ It would be a cheaper and non-redundant alternative regarding to the Humvee (5 slots would be redundant); perhaps could be 3 slots rather than 2, but not more than that.

You can't win battle with 3 soldiers either....

You can spam humvees for transport but you can't spam mules for transport. This is pointless.

--------------------

No technique is forbidden.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 4 Aug 2015, 23:24
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Grim Tuesday @ 4 Aug 2015, 19:21) *
You can't win battle with 3 soldiers either....

You can spam humvees for transport but you can't spam mules for transport. This is pointless.

The goal is not necessarily to replace the Humvee in terms of efficiency, only allowing the soldiers that currently walk alongside the Mule can be transported.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 4 Aug 2015, 23:51
Post #6

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

I kinda agree with both of you. I can see the mule having transport slots being redundant in that the mule Isn't too fast, and doesn't provide cover for the inf inside.
At the same time, the mule is kinda dull and could use a new function, limited as it is.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
SiR Chaff
post 5 Aug 2015, 1:39
Post #7

umu
Group Icon

Member No.: 10691
No more.

How the hell would a drone, the size of a buggy, built for carrying AMMUNITION, would make sense being able to carry 2 infantry ?? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 5 Aug 2015, 1:40
Post #8

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 4 Aug 2015, 20:39) *
How the hell would a drone, the size of a buggy, built for carrying AMMUNITION, would make sense being able to carry 2 infantry ?? tongue.gif
I'd imagine they just sit on the sides or the back of it.

This post has been edited by Kommandant Karisse: 5 Aug 2015, 1:40

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 5 Aug 2015, 1:40
Post #9

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 5 Aug 2015, 6:09) *

Same Question. ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:03
Post #10

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

You sit on top :3

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:12
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 4 Aug 2015, 21:39) *

Logically sit on the sides or top of the ammunition, after all a soldier in the war not need comfort. wink.gif

Interesting you do not ask how five men sit in the back of a technical with a machine gun cal.50. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:15
Post #12

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 4 Aug 2015, 18:12) *
Logically sit on the sides or top of the ammunition, after all a soldier in the war not need comfort. wink.gif

Interesting you do not ask how five men sit in the back of a technical with a machine gun cal.50. tongue.gif

One sits in the passenger seat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:20
Post #13

Group Icon

^ Still seems illogical, seeing the guys from ISIS with the technicals you can have an idea that does not fit anyone in the back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:27
Post #14

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 5 Aug 2015, 3:20) *
^ Still seems illogical, seeing the guys from ISIS with the technicals you can have an idea that does not fit anyone in the back.

so we redo the technical and make it carry 30 dudes? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:34
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (RikerZZZ @ 4 Aug 2015, 22:27) *
so we redo the technical and make it carry 30 dudes? tongue.gif

No, just being a fanatic and it will be how many men you want... tongue.gif

Ok let's get back to the topic of the Mule Drone, plz.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:47
Post #16

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

I think if anything 4 inf would be the best option.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:48
Post #17

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 5 Aug 2015, 9:12) *

Yes because there's totally nothing wrong with sitting on top of a highly explosive pile of ammunition. Especially when your up against a faction, known to use dirty tactics to win.

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 5 Aug 2015, 9:12) *

Like so:

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 2:54
Post #18

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 5 Aug 2015, 3:48) *
Yes because there's totally nothing wrong with sitting on top of a highly explosive pile of ammunition. Especially when your up against a faction, known to use dirty tactics to win.

Like so:

Seeing that really makes me wish they had animated character models when you put inf in them in game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 5 Aug 2015, 3:07
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 4 Aug 2015, 22:48) *

Well, you should think as follows: sometimes the practicality of something worth the risk; it would be like to think that a soldier must not carry a flamethrower because it is an easy target and contains flammable liquid.

QUOTE (Zeke @ 4 Aug 2015, 22:48) *
Like so:

In theory it would even be possible but in practice does not work for a simple reason: one capsule ejected by a cal. 50. left the extractor boiling (sometimes candescent), eventually touching the skin of a soldier causes a second-degree burn and can be sure that if there are 5 soldiers in a body one capsule will burn someone (I know because when I shoot my gun after a single download charger for at least one capsule deflagrated just getting into my uniform and causes some kind of burn), then think in the case of a machine gun... as a art technical is wonderful but in practice does not work like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 3:51
Post #20

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 5 Aug 2015, 4:07) *
In theory it would even be possible but in practice does not work for a simple reason: one capsule ejected by a cal. 50. left the extractor boiling (sometimes candescent), eventually touching the skin of a soldier causes a second-degree burn and can be sure that if there are 5 soldiers in a body one capsule will burn someone (I know because when I shoot my gun after a single download charger for at least one capsule deflagrated just getting into my uniform and causes some kind of burn), then think in the case of a machine gun... as a art technical is wonderful but in practice does not work like that.

Taking it a bit seriously mate...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sanguivorant
post 5 Aug 2015, 4:29
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 11489

Somewhat unrelated, but it would be amazing if enemy soldiers can hide behind vehicles and tanks that will soak up bullet fire. Don't know if that can be coded or not.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 4:41
Post #22

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sanguivorant @ 5 Aug 2015, 5:29) *
Somewhat unrelated, but it would be amazing if enemy soldiers can hide behind vehicles and tanks that will soak up bullet fire. Don't know if that can be coded or not.

I imagine it would using similar code to the battlebus and the fortification.
Would be an amazing amount of work and probably very dodgy and buggy.

Still would be cool

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 5 Aug 2015, 4:44
Post #23

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 5 Aug 2015, 10:07) *
Well, you should think as follows: sometimes the practicality of something worth the risk; it would be like to think that a soldier must not carry a flamethrower because it is an easy target and contains flammable liquid.

So what your saying is, it's more worth it to get accidentally blown up while riding on top of what is essentially a demo trap on wheels, than to be accidentally burned by discarded machine gun casings? Personally, I'd rather be burned than exploded.

Also, they're the GLA! If they can build home made tanks, they're more than capable of modifying the gun with something to catch the casings, or at least deflect them downwards. Even if they don't, they live in the dessert with no shoes, being burned by a 50 cal casing is probably the same as an insect bite to them.

What exactly makes riding the Mule "worth the risk"? The technical has a box at the back with walls that soldiers "can" hide behind, the mule doesn't, the ammo boxes are tied down to a flatbed, so there's no "little bit of protection" to be had. Riding on top of the ammo boxes is, not only difficult to do with all the balancing and stuff you have to do just to stay on, but being in that elevated coverless position actually makes you more vulnerable, and offers less protection. Not to mention the soldiers riding it will just get in the way of the other soldiers trying to get more ammo.

Saying riding the mule offers a bit more protection is like saying shooting from on top a demo trap offers a bit more protection. The high ground rule doesn't apply when the high ground is made of highly explosive material.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 5 Aug 2015, 5:06
Post #24

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

When people said riding i assumed riding the tank like how all the marines ride the scorpion in halo.
That said, i think we should be worrying about the gameplay aspects above all else, rather than where they sit lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 5 Aug 2015, 5:24
Post #25

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

The mule drone have a minigun that is actually good at killing enemy infantry, can launch flares and buff friendly infantry units around it. What more do you need?

The only thing that should change IMO is more hitpoint so it could last longer, but not another function.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 5 Aug 2015, 5:24

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6 June 2024 - 11:51