Reply to this topicStart new topic
2011 Red Dawn remake
MARS
post 17 Mar 2011, 17:14
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

So yeah, despite MGM's financial problems, Red Dawn will come into theatres this year...with a few changes
Apparently, what was supposed to be a Chinese invasion of the US - Seriously, what's with all these implausible invasion stories lately? What is this, the late 19th fucking century? - will now be a North Korean invasion because they didn't want to ruin it for the Chinese market, just like Homefront. They're going to digitally replace all Chinese imagery with North Korean which really doesn't make the whole scenario any more plausible unless we're talking about a scenario that puts the US into such a ridiculously handicapped position that the 'real' bad guys can't even be arsed to take it over by themselves and leave it to their junior partners instead. Now I'm just wondering who's going to replace North Korea as the generic substitute enemy once the Kim-regime comes to an end eventually.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 18 Mar 2011, 9:12
Post #2

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

The Chinese already have won even before the invasion began then =P

In similar news it was announced they are going to start working on Blade Runner (a prequel and 2 sequels) and a Robocop remake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 18 Mar 2011, 22:59
Post #3

^_^
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

Oh cmon, you can't tell me the chinese wouldn't love watching a movie where they invade america. What pussy footing bullshit. Hollywood has no balls I swear. I would rather watch a low budget fan-made remake with either the USSR in the 1970s or 1980s or China current day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Mar 2011, 6:15
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

For one, the Soviet invasion at least makes -some- sense, horrendous logistical issues notwithstanding. Suspension of disbelief goes right out of the window if the Chinese invade in a movie that's supposedly set in the not-so-distant future, though. Now that they're going for the North Koreans, suspension of disbelief won't even show up for work that day! That's the same bullshit that made Homefront completely implausible, no matter how hard they tried. The more obvious handicaps they put on the US to make it believable, the more far-fetched it got. The US gets put through a major economic depression, oil crisis, borderline civil war AND flu epidemic while North Korea pretty much emulates every single step on Nazi Germany's way to power. And that's not me pulling a Godwin, seriously, it's an obvious analogy that's documented within the backstory; from the comeback of a downtrodden nation under the leadership of a charismatic psychopath who exploits revanchist feelings and economic suffering within his people over the failure of the United Nations and the annexation of neighbouring countries that goes completely unopposed by the international community to what eventually turns into a world war, complete with death squads, labour camps and mass graves. These are all things that even the original Red Dawn did not heavily touch upon and I can't imagine the people behind the remake dealing with these in great detail either...Which makes them look even more chickenshit for changing it to North Korea now.

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 16 May 2013, 3:32
Post #5

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

QUOTE (ultimentra @ 18 Mar 2011, 16:59) *
Oh cmon, you can't tell me the chinese wouldn't love watching a movie where they invade america. What pussy footing bullshit. Hollywood has no balls I swear. I would rather watch a low budget fan-made remake with either the USSR in the 1970s or 1980s or China current day.

But the Chinese people don't not want to watch a movie where their soldiers, their own people, acting like complete monsters. Trust me, no country want to be the villains in their own point of view.

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 16 May 2013, 16:07
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

There wouldn't be any problem if the chinese weren't portrayed has the pure evil

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 12:40