Leopard and Pandur
Tipu7
post 28 May 2015, 12:23
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10798

Hi people

I know our admins do not take suggestions but still we members have right to give you suggestions ................... Here I want to offer a few related to ECA Leopard tank and Pandur IFV.

1: We all know Leopard is medium tank. Although it deserve to be a tank as per of Paladin tank but as ECA game play suits it more like a medium tank so its a medium tank. Here is its unique feature that it can be manned in order to operate machine gun. But it is very time consuming and annoying feature that we have to produce say 8 Leopards then 8 infantry in barracks and then man all these tanks one by one. It takes long time to manage................is it possible if you guys replace Leopard manned Machine Gun with Automatic machine gun? like the one which is operated by operated with in the tank so there will no longer be need of manning it? just like you people did with Lyux APC can same feature be adopted for Leopard too? plz?

2: Similar case is with Pandur IFV which have a cool feature that it gains the weapon of type of infantry entering it. But again it is kind of annoying and time consuming to house all pandures one by one with some other infantry say Panzerfaust or Grenadiers. Can you guys adopt same procedure on Pandur what we have in US Humvee TOW upgrade? means Pandur will have chain gun as default but can be upgraded to Grenade launcher,ATGM carrier,Mortar carrier,heavy sniper gun,medic or engineering vehicles via an upgrade with some cash? can it be done for reducing complexities in ECA?

3: I know its least acceptable but if you guys accept first two suggestions then Pandur can replace Leopard position as T1 unit and Leopard can get T2 position as Heavy tank not Medium tank........?

Thanks.............................

--------------------
In War it is not determined who is right, but who is left!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 28 May 2015, 12:30
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10323

QUOTE (Tipu7 @ 28 May 2015, 16:53) *
Hi people

I know our admins do not take suggestions but still we members have right to give you suggestions ................... Here I want to offer a few related to ECA Leopard tank and Pandur IFV.

1: We all know Leopard is medium tank. Although it deserve to be a tank as per of Paladin tank but as ECA game play suits it more like a medium tank so its a medium tank. Here is its unique feature that it can be manned in order to operate machine gun. But it is very time consuming and annoying feature that we have to produce say 8 Leopards then 8 infantry in barracks and then man all these tanks one by one. It takes long time to manage................is it possible if you guys replace Leopard manned Machine Gun with Automatic machine gun? like the one which is operated by operated with in the tank so there will no longer be need of manning it? just like you people did with Lyux APC can same feature be adopted for Leopard too? plz?

2: Similar case is with Pandur IFV which have a cool feature that it gains the weapon of type of infantry entering it. But again it is kind of annoying and time consuming to house all pandures one by one with some other infantry say Panzerfaust or Grenadiers. Can you guys adopt same procedure on Pandur what we have in US Humvee TOW upgrade? means Pandur will have chain gun as default but can be upgraded to Grenade launcher,ATGM carrier,Mortar carrier,heavy sniper gun,medic or engineering vehicles via an upgrade with some cash? can it be done for reducing complexities in ECA?

3: I know its least acceptable but if you guys accept first two suggestions then Pandur can replace Leopard position as T1 unit and Leopard can get T2 position as Heavy tank not Medium tank........?

1. that would make leopard anti all except air

2. your suggestion will make it similar to humvess so kinda monotonous

3. donno abt that

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 28 May 2015, 12:44
Post #3

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Tipu7 @ 28 May 2015, 13:23) *

1) Nope stop being lazy tongue.gif
2) Nope, thats silly
3) Nope, it works as is

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 28 May 2015, 12:56
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Another Heavy Tank for ECA would be something undesirable, the ECA ground forces are sufficiently powerful.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Basilisx
post 28 May 2015, 13:57
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9682

QUOTE (Tipu7 @ 28 May 2015, 13:23) *
Hi people

1: Why should the Leopard be equal to the Paladin ? Just asking out of curiosity, because they are not similar at all.

ECA is all about that micro, because this is the faction design. If you want your Leos to get better at inti inf you are supposed to do that extra micro to get your felins in there. otherwise go with the rock paper scissor mechanics and use Pandurs in combination with your Leos or other anti inf units.

The Lynx got that extra treatment with the dedicated fixed gunner, because the unit was very underpowered, you can't say the same from the Leo.

2: Again, it is all about the micro. If Pandurs would use upgrade slots for money, you take away the great versatility of this unit, because you could never change back.

3: simply no, because Leo is a MBT and Pandur is not by any mean a tank. Furthermore you have still Jagdmammuts at tier 2.

All in all perhaps you should try USA instead of ECA, as they are less micro intensive and your direct comparisons with USA vehicles suggest that you might actually want USA in a bit different.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 28 May 2015, 14:10
Post #6

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

So we need another button on it for each infantry unit?

Yeah, I don't think so.

Oh, and trust me, you do NOT want the garbage machine guns the rest of us put up with.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tipu7
post 28 May 2015, 14:47
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (Basilisx @ 28 May 2015, 13:57) *
1: Why should the Leopard be equal to the Paladin ? Just asking out of curiosity, because they are not similar at all.

ECA is all about that micro, because this is the faction design. If you want your Leos to get better at inti inf you are supposed to do that extra micro to get your felins in there. otherwise go with the rock paper scissor mechanics and use Pandurs in combination with your Leos or other anti inf units.

The Lynx got that extra treatment with the dedicated fixed gunner, because the unit was very underpowered, you can't say the same from the Leo.

2: Again, it is all about the micro. If Pandurs would use upgrade slots for money, you take away the great versatility of this unit, because you could never change back.

3: simply no, because Leo is a MBT and Pandur is not by any mean a tank. Furthermore you have still Jagdmammuts at tier 2.

All in all perhaps you should try USA instead of ECA, as they are less micro intensive and your direct comparisons with USA vehicles suggest that you might actually want USA in a bit different.

I knew about that. And I kind of like micro. But ECA is kind of time consuming....... And I mentioned Leopard to be equivalent to Paladin just to compare them in real time superior not in game. I know Leopard is meant to stay as medium tank not a heavy tank.........

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tipu7
post 28 May 2015, 14:50
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kazan @ 28 May 2015, 12:30) *
1. that would make leopard anti all except air

2. your suggestion will make it similar to humvess so kinda monotonous

3. donno abt that

Leopard is already against every thing except AIR units. Just put a gunner in it. And my suggestion us putting gunner in tank is kind of stuff which suits China or Russia more, not USA or ECA. Leopard need a gun, automatic gun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 28 May 2015, 14:52
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Making the gun automatic would likely mean a nerf to the performance.
That's something nobody wants.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 28 May 2015, 14:53
Post #10

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Waste of an upgrade slot, if you ask me.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 28 May 2015, 16:14
Post #11

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Note: the in-game leopard is the Leopard 3, and the in-game Paladin isn't the M1A4 Abrams/Paladin but the M10 Paladin II.

Neither of which exist in real life.

Also, ABRAMS AM GOODER! HAS DEPLETING URINEIUM SAVEOTS!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 May 2015, 17:34
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

There was AA battlegroup in versions before 1.85 which consisted mostly of Felins,
which I always used for filling of my Leopards and Gepards.It was very useful.

But as for things you are proposing,I think most of them would be broken as hell.

+Quote Post
Chuck Kawosky
post 28 May 2015, 17:45
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9793

Thoise Battle groups are extremely Expensive! Cheaper to buy separately

+Quote Post
TheSneakyGLA
post 28 May 2015, 18:03
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 10059
Projects: ROTR Tester

The need to micro a bit to get the machine gun is a balance feature, because if you look at the stats and damage, the machine-gun on ECA vehicles is a full-fledged anti-infantry weapon with very nice range.

Lynx got the machinegunner by default because it had no weapon on its own.

No.

1st and biggest reason is that number of upgrade slots is limited. Which means this has exactly 0 chance to be accepted by devs, because having to waste 8 more upgrade slots in order to replace a system that is working would be silly, in my opinion.

Somebody from the dev team could clarify, but I dont think that "fake upgrade" system that is used on ECA fortification and doesnt take up slots couldnt be used on units.

For the rest, apply the same as for the previous point.

Why?

This post has been edited by TheSneakyGLA: 28 May 2015, 18:04

--------------------
Printing Quadcannons.

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 28 May 2015, 18:12
Post #15

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

First all, they do not take your suggestion in this forum. Second, there is no need change anything in current state.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 28 May 2015, 19:35
Post #16

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

QUOTE (Chuck Kawosky @ 28 May 2015, 12:45) *
Thoise Battle groups are extremely Expensive! Cheaper to buy separately
True, but you can wait twelve seconds for everything to be trained, or a few minutes. You're paying extra for MUCH faster service.

This post has been edited by Kommandant Karisse: 28 May 2015, 19:36

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 28 May 2015, 22:31
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

I think Leo and Gepard needs a simple upgrage with machine gun. Is too nervous to equip each tank with soldier. I dont know how it will deal with balance but something must be change

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 28 May 2015, 22:37

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 28 May 2015, 22:50
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

I think the effort of training a Felin and spending a click to make him man the machine gun is justified by how effective it is.

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 28 May 2015, 22:51
Post #19

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

QUOTE (Tipu7 @ 28 May 2015, 7:23) *
Hi people

1: The Leopard tank is designed for Anti-gorund vehicles and buildings, if they comes with gunner ready, can be unstopable T1 MBT, and the are equipped with anti-infantry shredder what the infantry comes close, useful vs terrorist and hijackers.

2:Pandur is by default an advanced anti-infantry vehicle, can be more useful if you put grenadiers or combat pioneers, because you dont spend time to deploy the infantry.

3: if Leopard is heavy tank, must be cost $1300 or $1400 to not be confused to Kodiak tanks.
ZunZero97

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 30 May 2015, 4:53

+Quote Post
Nemesis
post 29 May 2015, 10:01
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 10796

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 28 May 2015, 14:56) *
Another Heavy Tank for ECA would be something undesirable, the ECA ground forces are sufficiently powerful.

Let's put the facts in place. ECA has no heavy tanks at all, except manticore which is a super heavy tank, equivalent class of Sentinel. Jagdmamund is not a heavy tank, it is a support one, unless you don't pay attention at how fast it goes down.

All in all leopard is a tank that ECA have to use to spearhead their assaults, when others have the choice of heavier tanks (golems/sentinels, marauders, overlords, paladins) Their ground forces are not "sufficiently powerful" not by a long shot. They are designed to hold the ground and have excellent artillery which must be used to soften their opponents and then move to kill.

Having said that i agree with the rest that it is worth to micro a little more in order to get your leo with a good anti-infantry gunner, although when you have 8 of them it kinda gets annoying, so i sympathize with those who are frustrated.

Pandurs... well they are good the way they are... although I don't know anyone who would man them with type A infantry and then switch them with type B, but it's nice to have that option.

A more viable suggestion would be a tier 2 expensive upgrade specifically for leopards similar with the manticore one (add both of them and you are all set with a heavy tank)

If one would like to see more aggresive ECA, wait for 2.0 with the introduction of a "tank" general.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 29 May 2015, 10:33
Post #21

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Okay, time to debunk again.

1: ECA has no heavy tanks.
The Golem is apparently a superheavy, as is the overlord, the marauder is supposedly a medium, leaving only the Paladin as a heavy tank,
2: The Jagdmammut isn't enough
The Jagdmammut has 500 hp with 625 using Nano Shock Absorbers, the same as the Leopard.
3: The Leopard isn't enough as a spearhead.
And the "Marauder" is? The Marauder and the Leopard have ostensibly similar hp values (500 for both) while the Leopard can gain up to 625 hp through Nano Shock Absorbers. But Marauders have a special armor type you say, that must mean they have uber resistances? Try again, the MarauderTankArmor is, in nearly every way, just TankArmor, with the exception of landmine immunity. At the same time, most American Generals are stuck with the 480 hp Crusader, General Jing of china is stuck with a 420 battlemaster, and General Ibrahiim of the GLA is stuck with a 370 Scorpion as their "Spearpoint" units. You get 625.
4: You have the Manticore and Anvil tanks for a reason. If you didn't pick that one, you get instead uber-infantry or a gun that renders all blobs except your own invalid anyway.
5: The Jagdmammut's DPS is, like aquaman, Outrageous, firing two shots every 3.5 seconds for 150 damage each. This gives it a DPS of 85, and a range of 220 to 260, based on whether or not you have gas ammo. Nearly double the average "Tank gun" range of 150.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 May 2015, 10:46
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nemesis @ 29 May 2015, 6:01) *
Let's put the facts in place. ECA has no heavy tanks at all, except manticore which is a super heavy tank, equivalent class of Sentinel. Jagdmamund is not a heavy tank, it is a support one, unless you don't pay attention at how fast it goes down.

All in all leopard is a tank that ECA have to use to spearhead their assaults, when others have the choice of heavier tanks (golems/sentinels, marauders, overlords, paladins) Their ground forces are not "sufficiently powerful" not by a long shot. They are designed to hold the ground and have excellent artillery which must be used to soften their opponents and then move to kill.

Having said that i agree with the rest that it is worth to micro a little more in order to get your leo with a good anti-infantry gunner, although when you have 8 of them it kinda gets annoying, so i sympathize with those who are frustrated.

Pandurs... well they are good the way they are... although I don't know anyone who would man them with type A infantry and then switch them with type B, but it's nice to have that option.

A more viable suggestion would be a tier 2 expensive upgrade specifically for leopards similar with the manticore one (add both of them and you are all set with a heavy tank)

If one would like to see more aggresive ECA, wait for 2.0 with the introduction of a "tank" general.

Let's put the facts in place. The ECA already has great tanks and the classification what you choose to give to them is not something relevant in my view.

You have Gas Ignition upgrade - probably the best global upgrade in the game - to improve all their tanks and have the Manticore Protocol; ECA does not need something like this; actually I believe that at some point need a nerf to lategame (anyway its land forces are well balanced).

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 29 May 2015, 10:49
Post #23

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

ECA is supposed to have an edge lategame though. It's their "Thing"

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 May 2015, 10:53
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 29 May 2015, 6:49) *
ECA is supposed to have an edge lategame though. It's their "Thing"

I agree, but again I ask a question on this topic: you ever seen someone lose a game with the ECA after acquiring some protocol? ... Now imagine adding another 'heavy tank' for the ECA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 29 May 2015, 15:44
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 29 May 2015, 12:53) *
I agree, but again I ask a question on this topic: you ever seen someone lose a game with the ECA after acquiring some protocol? ... Now imagine adding another 'heavy tank' for the ECA.

Protocols do not guarantee a win.

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 May 2024 - 18:21