Storm
post 14 Jun 2016, 16:01
Post #1

Habouji !?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12844

Shockwave latest version:

On Sunday, I was playing as Laser General v/s the AI (China Superweapons) and the AI built its superweapon, the Earthshaker. I built (trained in airfield) around 8 F22 Bombers (with a precision bomb). Next, I selected them all together and chose the 'Earthshaker' as the target for all of them.

Most importantly, I did this for around 3 times just to make sure that I was not doing something wrong. So each time I did this, a few of the F22 Bombers (say 3 out of 8) would drop their load midway before reaching the target? I mean what the hell ... is this a bug or something that I'm doing wrong?

Also, the above does not happen with Armor General's bombers (playing as Armor General) but the latter faces another problem. Armor General's bombers just reach the f*ing target and instead of bombing it, these only fly above the ground unless selected again manually and directing them to bomb the target? All of this is some weird shit.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 14 Jun 2016, 17:58
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

This actually happend with some razor bombers and the mig bombers from ROTR....It was also a huge issue with nighthawks in 1.85 development.

How did this come to be in shw? Like we had the same thing exactly

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm
post 14 Jun 2016, 19:08
Post #3

Habouji !?
Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 14 Jun 2016, 22:28) *
This actually happend with some razor bombers and the mig bombers from ROTR....It was also a huge issue with nighthawks in 1.85 development.

How did this come to be in shw? Like we had the same thing exactly

Yes, shockwave. Those F22s drop their load in between the airfield and the target (Earthshaker) on the moving enemy units even when they are directed to hit the Earthshaker or some other bldg. As in some bugs like these need to be fixed else what is the point of choosing a faction to play v/s the AI if the units (which you rely on heavily) which are programmed to do the job, fail to perform their job? And since there is no point in playing those factions, there is no joy in winning or playing the bloody mod itself!

Being said that, the Armor General's bomber problem stands still as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 14 Jun 2016, 20:29
Post #4

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

To be honest, this happened to me only once (and I played both ShW and RotR for hours, sometimes), and it was with the Armor General's Black Widow. It's probably some SAGE shit the Devs can't do anything about or can't even detect why it's happening, because it happens so randomly, it's practically impossible to find out what's actually causing it.

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 14 Jun 2016, 20:32
Post #5

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I've never seen that, so it's most likely an obscure random bug.

+Quote Post
Storm
post 15 Jun 2016, 8:41
Post #6

Habouji !?
Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 15 Jun 2016, 1:02) *
I've never seen that, so it's most likely an obscure random bug.

Most probably, you are an online player. You would need to play with the AI to see and experience that. It can't be concluded as an obscure random bug just because you haven't seen it yet keke.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 15 Jun 2016, 9:26
Post #7

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Storm @ 15 Jun 2016, 15:41) *
Most probably, you are an online player. You would need to play with the AI to see and experience that. It can't be concluded as an obscure random bug just because you haven't seen it yet keke.gif

And you need to learn a bit more about ZH modding and how the game works.

The way a weapon behaves has nothing to do with whether your opponent is an AI or human.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm
post 15 Jun 2016, 9:32
Post #8

Habouji !?
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 15 Jun 2016, 13:56) *
And you need to learn a bit more about ZH modding and how the game works.
thank you but I do not have the time for it. The only spare time I get is utilized playing games which I like, for these relieve my stress.

The way a weapon behaves has nothing to do with whether your opponent is an AI or human.

Fine enough. Now that I have realized that you are smarter over me about how the game works irrespective of AI or Human, please figure out this bug and fix it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arc
post 15 Jun 2016, 9:37
Post #9

"Filthy" Casual
Group Icon

Member No.: 10666
One does not simply suggest ideas to SWR.

Except you know, it's really hard to fix a bug which you can't replicate.

+Quote Post
Storm
post 15 Jun 2016, 9:41
Post #10

Habouji !?
Group Icon

QUOTE (Arc @ 15 Jun 2016, 14:07) *
Except you know, it's really hard to fix a bug which you can't replicate.

I'll try to record a video with the bug in action. But that would be over the weekend! Would that be of help then?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 15 Jun 2016, 10:05
Post #11

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

K well i've been playing generals for about 11 years about 5 years straight with AI only and 6 years online hardcore.

That occusionally happens with aircraft and is simply a random bug that occurs.

im 99% sure it isn't Fixable however a work around would be using guard mode and centering it on the super weapon its self.

Now please... GO solve your own problem.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 15 Jun 2016, 10:19
Post #12

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Storm @ 15 Jun 2016, 16:32) *
Fine enough. Now that I have realized that you are smarter over me about how the game works irrespective of AI or Human, please figure out this bug and fix it smile.gif

Sure, just ask EA to release SAGE's source codes and send them to me, so I can update the game engine. I'm sure they'll be GLAD to help!

While you're at it, go invent a cure for cancer, and achieve world peace! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm
post 15 Jun 2016, 10:29
Post #13

Habouji !?
Group Icon

Well, I posted a question and a concern because I think this board's objective is to help others and discuss about issues experienced by different users. But I can see a lot of attitude some members. I did not sign up for all this bullshit thrown at each other while being honest about a particular issue. Albeit, fair enough. I realize this board is not worth my time or concern so goodbye.

QUOTE (Zhao @ 15 Jun 2016, 14:35) *
Now please... GO solve your own problem.

While you're at it, go invent a cure for cancer, and achieve world peace

to hell with you .... who do you think you are? you are talking shit from your hole as if you just bought EA for yourself! Go get a fucking hike. I'm done here.
Soraz - Delete me or whatever. Goodbye.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 15 Jun 2016, 10:41
Post #14

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

QUOTE (Storm @ 14 Jun 2016, 20:08) *
As in some bugs like these need to be fixed else what is the point of choosing a faction to play v/s the AI if the units (which you rely on heavily) which are programmed to do the job, fail to perform their job? And since there is no point in playing those factions, there is no joy in winning or playing the bloody mod itself.

Yeah, I can see the attitude problems as well, the issue is that if you bring attitude into a topic, don't expect that others won't reply with such. I guess this same reason got you thrown out of that FB group too. But you're completely innocent here, according to yourself, I assume.

Albeit you wouldn't be the first person I've seen who ended up to be such a smartass - I've seen an Italian Mensa-qualified IQ 160+ guy trying to override everything because he became a tester in a project and felt he knows it better than the team, lol.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 15 Jun 2016, 19:08
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

This is a very simple and fixable issues.

I'm also going to say i'm a bit disappointed with some of the reactions here by long time users.
Storm may have made some poor choices in his words in some reactions but none justified the amount of backlash given here.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 16:15