The_Hunter
post 17 Nov 2016, 19:56
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Greetings followers, fans and fellow gamers.
Us developers and beta testers have been working tirelessly on getting ROTR into a better shape than before are are close to reaching a point where we want to present it to you all.
Leading up to that we will be presenting you with (more) regular updates every week starting from today.

With that being said enjoy our latest renders!

The F-35 is the most widely produced fighter jet of the 21st century, with over 2,000 produced and in use with multiple armed forces worldwide. The A variant serves as the USAF's primary strike fighter, the B variant the US Marine Corps' rapidly deployed stealth fighter from Wasp & America class amphibious assault ships, and the C the US Navy's primary stealth tactical fighter, based from the Nimitz & Ford class supercarriers. US military aviators gave the Lightning II the sarcastic nickname "Widowmaker" due to early (and thankfully false) concerns about the aircraft's survivability in contested airspace and troubled development cycle. Despite a fine service record since then, superseding the F-16 Falcon, AV-6 Harrier, and F/A-18 Hornet, the name stuck. Armed with AIM-120 AMRAAMs and AGM-305 joint air to ground missiles, the Widowmaker can capably engage and destroy any possible target.

Starting as of Version 1.87 the Raptor will be replaced by the Widowmaker as default fighter aircraft altho rest assured the Raptor will be making a return as a general exclusive in the future.

During the period of rearmament of the US Armed Forces in response to a growing global presence of near-peer military adversaries and the threat posed by ever more sophisticated low-frequency radars and tracking systems, the US military requested a design for a new optionally manned strike bomber. The demands were that the new aircraft would be at least as stealthy as Northrop Grumman's B-21 Raider and less expensive than the F/B-40 Aurora, and would be capable for aircraft carrier deployment. Lockheed Martin and Boeing submitted two final designs, a less expensive but slower variant for the US Air Force and a higher speed penetration bomber for the US Navy. The first model was named the A-19 Nighthawk II. Its blended wing body design and advanced jamming devices make it extremely difficult to detect with nearly any radar or infrared system, and the Nighthawk II in both variants is capable of carrying up to the heaviest forms of JDAMs, missiles, and laser-guided munitions. To save costs, both variants of the Nighthawk II use off-the-shelf avionics from the F-35, and the A-19 variant uses high-bypass versions of the F/A-18E's F414 engine.

The F/B-19 Nighthawk II is the version used by the US Navy. It is carrier capable and is geared towards high altitude, high speed penetration bombing. To that end, its fuselage is designed for high speed operations and it uses the afterburner-capable versions of the F414 engine. It retains the jamming suite and large weapons bay of the A-19 variant. Given the US Navy's greater usage of drone aircraft, such as Northrop Grumman's MQ-25 Stingray, the F/B-19 is often employed in the AI controlled format for maximum range and flight endurance.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:18
Post #2

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

new updates! YEAHHH biggrin.gif im happy

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:18
Post #3

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

LET THE SALT BEGIN! I GOT MY BINGO READY! RIK STAR COUNTING

Im so happy we can finnaly talk about this sexy pair of wings, and that tail.I mean look at it...THAT TAIL
Gonna look forward to shooting down migs and berkuts with this baby when its avaible for the public!

However I should mention to people that this isnt the VTOL varriant, so dont ask...
Also Im nostalgic and the old nighthawk has a special place in my heart, but I understand the need for change and how much of a sore thumb it was.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:19
Post #4

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Jesus! This was unexpected. Looks great! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:22
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

I'm having a hard time following. What's the difference between the Nighthawk and the F/B-19?

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:28
Post #6

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 17 Nov 2016, 22:22) *
I'm having a hard time following. What's the difference between the Nighthawk and the F/B-19?

F/B 19 is the varraint to be used in carrier airstrikes called in from high alltitudes, If you can capture and secure a tech airport that is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:36
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 17 Nov 2016, 15:28) *
F/B 19 is the varraint to be used in carrier airstrikes called in from high alltitudes, If you can capture and secure a tech airport that is.

That's what I thought, but at the same time it kind-of sounded like we were getting an Aurora type bomber for the US. Thanks for clearing that up Bruse.

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:36
Post #8

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 17 Nov 2016, 20:28) *

Correct. The A-19, you will build in-game on your Airfields. The F/B-19, you get from abilities.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 17 Nov 2016, 20:37
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Pre-empting any possible lore questions:

Look at the Neuralizer. There never was such a thing as a Sea, Carrier or Economy Raptor at any point in the ROTR universe.
Only the standard F-22 (with future upgrades that need not be specified) and a small number of heavily modified GWOT era experimental versions informally known as King Raptors.

+Quote Post
Edsato82
post 17 Nov 2016, 21:14
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 142

It is always a pleasure to enjoy these updates, great work SWR team :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 17 Nov 2016, 21:35
Post #11

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

I am so happy with the lore of these planes, thats really helped clear up many of my issues with them so far smile.gif

Also fucking F-35 hype baby!

I fucking adore this plane, always have, and always will.
I cant wait to start using it when the update goes live!

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 17 Nov 2016, 22:07
Post #12

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10551
I... Will... KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL...

I think moderators should be careful with shitposting in this thread
Because there's a lot of "Birds" here

This post has been edited by BlackRangerXIII: 17 Nov 2016, 22:07

--------------------

+Quote Post
NikCaputnic
post 17 Nov 2016, 22:13
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 12315

"This is a nice jet!"

I especially like the F/B 19 variant: its model is brilliant. So many small details, such a great appearance (Nighthawk's scheme is great too (actually it is quite identical), but that new thing has fresh futuristic frame design). That is why I just need to say my opinion about its game-role: using such a great model, which obviously took many efforts to create, for just mere airstrike from a tech building, which doesn't even presented in many maps, is absolutely unfair. I mean, it is OK for now, but for 2.0 it surely deserves to be a general-specific plane. Hope it will be reconsidered when the time will come (I mean 2.0).

P.S. Please don't hurt me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by NikCaputnic: 17 Nov 2016, 22:14

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 17 Nov 2016, 23:29
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (NikCaputnic @ 17 Nov 2016, 17:13) *
"This is a nice jet!"

I especially like the F/B 19 variant: its model is brilliant. So many small details, such a great appearance (Nighthawk's scheme is great too (actually it is quite identical), but that new thing has fresh futuristic frame design). That is why I just need to say my opinion about its game-role: using such a great model, which obviously took many efforts to create, for just mere airstrike from a tech building, which doesn't even presented in many maps, is absolutely unfair. I mean, it is OK for now, but for 2.0 it surely deserves to be a general-specific plane. Hope it will be reconsidered when the time will come (I mean 2.0).

P.S. Please don't hurt me tongue.gif

I'm sure there's a plan for something in the future involving that plane, possibly as a GP of some kind. I also love the Widowmaker reference...another Lockheed project with similar (although generally far more serious) issues - not to mention usage of the F-19 moniker. And weekly updates! Yay!

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 17 Nov 2016, 23:50
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Seems whining and bitching helps around here, are you happy now with your fucking F-35 ?

On a more serious note, I like the change, I love all these changes to US AF. Imo, JSF looks better than Raptor,
and this being a game, well, thing that look better are always better.
I hated Nighthawk and explanation why it is still in use in 2050s. Replacement looks better and I will always more appreciate original designs.

Hope Berkut will get facelift too...Maybe alt skins...

+Quote Post
SiR Chaff
post 18 Nov 2016, 0:53
Post #16

umu
Group Icon

Member No.: 10691
No more.

Glad to see some updates here. Hopefully a new release soon. happy.gif
QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Nov 2016, 3:37) *
Pre-empting any possible lore questions:

Look at the Neuralizer. There never was such a thing as a Sea, Carrier or Economy Raptor at any point in the ROTR universe.
Only the standard F-22 (with future upgrades that need not be specified) and a small number of heavily modified GWOT era experimental versions informally known as King Raptors.

Cheeky

As much as a I have a love-hate relationship with the F-35, a carrier-launched version of the Raptor looked weird even though ZH had them. Does this mean also you're gonna edit the lore article citing the Raptor variants, or just keep it at that for legacy?

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 18 Nov 2016, 5:13
Post #17

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I thought you guys really want to stick to the "No generic real life Abrams, Apache, F35......units" rule. Not that I hate the F35, I like it infact.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 18 Nov 2016, 5:27
Post #18

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 18 Nov 2016, 12:13) *
I thought you guys really want to stick to the "No generic real life Abrams, Apache, F35......units" rule. Not that I hate the F35, I like it infact.

*fingers crossed*

The A-19 is certainly my favorite thing in the game now 8llani.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 18 Nov 2016, 7:56
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 12033

Great update. I can't wait to see what general gets these new units!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MajaNachi:3
post 18 Nov 2016, 9:31
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 13051

I love new look on these air fighters / jets.
Thank you for hard work SWR Production team.

+Quote Post
M.P
post 18 Nov 2016, 10:29
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

I'm gonna miss the raptor sad.gif I don't really like the new raptor replacement.

But the nighthawk looks really good, love it.

+Quote Post
Omnius64
post 18 Nov 2016, 11:46
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 10479

What the hell?!?!?! The F-35 should be the general Griffon exclusive unit as main air unit. The F-22 should be kept as the maisntream unit for the other two generals in 2.0....

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Nov 2016, 11:49
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Now we're cooking. That new Nighthawk looks dope, although I'm not sure I understand the difference between the regular one and the bomber version. Is the bomber an upgrade, or a general's power?

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 18 Nov 2016, 11:57
Post #24

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Omnius64 @ 18 Nov 2016, 11:46) *
What the hell?!?!?! The F-35 should be the general Griffon exclusive unit as main air unit. The F-22 should be kept as the maisntream unit for the other two generals in 2.0....

You know that the F-22 is more high tech and more advanced than the F-35 right?
It makes more sense to be the way it is.

This post has been edited by {Lads}RikerZZZ: 18 Nov 2016, 12:01

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 18 Nov 2016, 12:16
Post #25

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

It does feel like a waste for the other nighthawk to be just a visual replacement for the tech air strike bomber.

I supposed the model will be used for Griffon's nighthawk, while the other 2 have the basic A19 right?

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 18 Nov 2016, 12:18

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:03