Reply to this topicStart new topic
NK Missiles
flyingpancake
post 24 Feb 2013, 0:23
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9311

I dont have much insight into this besides that it all kinda starts to look like the beginning of mercenaries 1 (great ps2 game). So if this gonna end up like how most people played that game the russian maffia is gonna end up owning the country laugh.gif tongue.gif

On a more serious note though i hope that regime ends quickly, i wont even care if china take control of NK. China will at leased give the people there a small amount of freedom and financial independence. But id rather have that they get reunited with SK again, how unrealistic that may be.

This post has been edited by flyingpancake: 24 Feb 2013, 0:24

--------------------

''Commander Flyingpancake of 1st syrup to ground Luftwaffle battalion reporting''
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 24 Feb 2013, 14:16
Post #27

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

QUOTE (flyingpancake @ 24 Feb 2013, 1:23) *
On a more serious note though i hope that regime ends quickly, i wont even care if china take control of NK. China will at leased give the people there a small amount of freedom and financial independence. But id rather have that they get reunited with SK again, how unrealistic that may be.

The regime MIGHT not end in the near future but it will collapse nonetheless, problem is their average citizen is indoctrinated heavily to the point that they'll believe anything their leadership say and the one that are smart enough either escape to SK, US any other part of the world or get's sent to a 're-education' camp.

On another note, the DPRK is a fucking nightmare to live in, I mean come on there's no freedom whatsoever, little to no food, you have to what practically amounts to worshiping your leader and one wrong word means your litteraly DEAD, this is Orson Wells greatest nightmare in the flesh. I really REALLY hope that anyone American, Chinese, Russian hell bring North K. down and reunify it with South K.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 Feb 2013, 14:42
Post #28

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

North Korea is arguably the most intentionally insidious national entity since the Second World War. Worst of all, the regime isn't even trying to improve the living standards of its people, to the point where they flat-out claim that the misery is completely intentional because otherwise people would become weak and decadent.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 25 Feb 2013, 6:34
Post #29

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

That means we don't count apple?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 25 Feb 2013, 12:37
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 25 Feb 2013, 7:34) *
That means we don't count apple?

Yes, Apple doesn't count, it's a corporation not an country. Well, at least I think.

This post has been edited by Warpath: 25 Feb 2013, 12:41

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
Kichō
post 5 Mar 2013, 11:42
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 50

Somewhat related, but did anyone see their latest propaganda video? Their profile "Uriminzokkiri" uploaded a video showing what appears to be New York with an American flag shrouded in flames with an instrumental version of Michael Jackson's "We Are The World" in the background.

Now here comes the funny part, Activision got the video pulled because they claimed the footage was from Modern Warfare 3.

I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 5 Mar 2013, 12:05
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

That's why Iam more afraid of the big gaming companies like EA and Actvision than that of NK nuclear. tongue.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Mar 2013, 18:34
Post #33

Group Icon

Apparently, NK is currently threatening to discontinue the armistice agreement and sever the communications hotline with Seoul because SK and the US are going to run another exercise in the coming days. Not like that 'agreement' has ever been particularly important to the North, considering those flagrant spec-ops incursions and flat-out attacks on Southern territory we get every once in a while...

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 5 Mar 2013, 18:34
Post #34

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

Even North Korea have an ICBM, there still one problem.

Lack of funds.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 7 Mar 2013, 11:40
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 5 Mar 2013, 19:34) *
Apparently, NK is currently threatening to discontinue the armistice agreement and sever the communications hotline with Seoul because SK and the US are going to run another exercise in the coming days. Not like that 'agreement' has ever been particularly important to the North, considering those flagrant spec-ops incursions and flat-out attacks on Southern territory we get every once in a while...

The Norks must have huge balls to do those attacks, If they (US and South K.) finally get pissed off from the attacks and war does break out we can expect most if not all North K. military forces COMPLETELY obliterated (that's if they don't run out of fuel) by combined U.S. and South K. airstrikes and cruise missile attacks and the subsequent ground invasion (that's if China doesn't intervene for the Norks) withing two weeks or within a month or two, but not after Seoul is destroyed, unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Warpath: 7 Mar 2013, 11:43

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Mar 2013, 14:12
Post #36

Group Icon

As I always say: NK's biggest deterrent against a foreign invasion is neither its oversized yet ill-equipped army nor its possible nuclear potential. It is the fact that neither SK, nor the US nor China would be willing to clean up the unprecedented humanitarian mess that'd be left in the wake of the invasion. Whoever ends up taking that burden - most likely SK - would end up economically crippled for decades because the country's infrastructure/industry is horrendously underdeveloped and the workforce is undereducated and politically indoctrinated to a point at which it wouldn't even be useful for cheap labour. That's the problem here: Unlike the East Germans in the former GDR, most North Koreans don't actually yearn for liberation. They live in a sealed off country where the state teaches them, from the cradle to the grave, that they're a master race, that their leader is a literal deity and that all foreigners are evil subhumans. The fact that no one wants to turn this utter mess of a nation into something remotely modern is the sole reason why NK still exists and gets away with all the bullshit it pulls off. The only thing that would ever change that is if they force everyone else's hand by mounting a literal invasion or nuking Seoul.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 8 Mar 2013, 9:31
Post #37

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

So true.

The only thing we can hope for is mass information warfare.
Distribute facts and hope it works, and maybe in a few generations, it'll be something salvageable.

That or glass the place with napalm, either works.

Really, it's almost medieval. They have a "God on earth" for a leader, a ruling military, starving populace, rabid nationalism.

Seems like we're seeing a time capsule of what the world used to be like.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 9 Mar 2013, 10:40
Post #38

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Talking about "generations" is the exact problem. Everyone hoped the new boss would change the course. Well OF COURSE he won't, he's been teached from his birth since that he can do whatever the hell he wants. So hoping that somehow new generations of NK will embrace change it utter nonsense. As MARS said, unlike the people of the GDR who were trained to read between the lines and ignore all the bullshit the SED tried to spoon-feed them, NK people don't want that.

The sad sole solution is to take the entire population apart and spread it across the globe to make them realise how it is to live in a place where you don't have to hunt a sole rice packge down that fell from a truck.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 9 Mar 2013, 10:56
Post #39

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

I know, but the one thing i'm trying to say. It's simply that we have to do either this or some other way of reintergrating NK into the world.
It's either this or razing the place down to the ground and starting again.

There's gotta be some way to turn them around, but we'll be long dead before that happens.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 9 Mar 2013, 12:32
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 9 Mar 2013, 11:56) *
I know, but the one thing i'm trying to say. It's simply that we have to do either this or some other way of reintergrating NK into the world.
It's either this or razing the place down to the ground and starting again.

There's gotta be some way to turn them around, but we'll be long dead before that happens.

It can be changed for the better of the North K. people but we have to first destroy the government that controls them first, but we would have the problem of keeping the Nork population alive until modern integration begins so it MIGHT be able to change but we might not be alive to see it.

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 26 Mar 2013, 12:41
Post #41

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Bump.

Here's North Korea's latest adventure in the realm of propaganda videos featuring them tearing a hole in South Korea and taking 150,000 American Citizens for prisoners

They also said they're ready strike Hawaii, SoKor, Guam and America with "long range equipment". The KPA says all their forces are "Class-A Ready". ani8(1).gif

I just want to ask myself one thing now: Do they have ANY idea what the hell they're getting themselves into? If this really happens, we'll see some action and sooner or later someone will make a video game about this (ex. Call of Duty 24: The Korean Peninsula). I know they're going to lose but then again if they lose I don't think anyone is willing to put a destroyed North Korea on their back.

Any thoughts about the video? I'd like to see how they stand up to US Aircraft. I'm not being a fanboy here, I just really want to see how the North fairs against the US in real-time to be honest 8llaniflip.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 26 Mar 2013, 12:48
Post #42

Group Icon

I like how they 'simulated' their airborne invasion of Seoul or how some of the paratroopers drop into an ongoing infantry charge; kinda defeats the point of using paratroopers. The best part about this is the ultra-cheesy, vaguely 80s sounding music though.

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 26 Mar 2013, 14:56
Post #43

Group Icon

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! laugh.gif That was freaking hilarious, I can already see US, SK and maybe Japanese jets blowing up Pyongyang. On a final note, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Warpath: 26 Mar 2013, 14:57

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 27 Mar 2013, 1:06
Post #44

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (MARS @ 26 Mar 2013, 12:48) *
I like how they 'simulated' their airborne invasion of Seoul or how some of the paratroopers drop into an ongoing infantry charge; kinda defeats the point of using paratroopers. The best part about this is the ultra-cheesy, vaguely 80s sounding music though.

I find the part where the repeat an explosion over and over while displaying images of the US Navy and other enemy armies the most interesting mindfuck.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 27 Mar 2013, 6:56
Post #45

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Who directed that? Michael Bay?

Seriously, over half of that video was explosions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 27 Mar 2013, 13:11
Post #46

Group Icon

Looks like the Norks are going nuts again "North K. cuts all channels with the South, War may break out soon", can't they just sulk in a corner while we live on with our lives?

What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by Warpath: 27 Mar 2013, 13:12

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Mar 2013, 17:16
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I thought they already had cut this line of contact with Seoul before. huh.gif With each passing day they "cut" anything, next week they cut the carrier pigeons, the road "x", expulsion another "spy" infiltrated into the country and so on. This war was "warm" for a long time, now it has become "cold".

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Mar 2013, 20:06
Post #48

Group Icon

From what I remember, all of these threatening gestures they're pulling now have happened before. It looks all dramatic but its part of their shtick. Now, if the Norks
actually go as far as closing down Kaesong, that -would- be a cause for concern but they probably wouldn't do that unless they really are going start an actual war.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 28 Mar 2013, 15:40
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

Well NK are crazy but a nuclear attack would be a suicide.i doubt their missiles have the systems to be accurate(one of the hardest part of an icbm are the system to be accurate)the ussr have so many missiles so that in case one missile fail the target,other one will hit it.in case of nk they doesn't have enougth missiles ,so in case they fail ,they are doom.also nk only says the missiles that work;i bet that most of their missiles will fall to the ocean.also a scenario where usa is invaded have a 0.0000000001 % chances of being true

The video make me laugth
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 28 Mar 2013, 23:57
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pepo @ 28 Mar 2013, 16:40) *
Well NK are crazy but a nuclear attack would be a suicide.i doubt their missiles have the systems to be accurate(one of the hardest part of an icbm are the system to be accurate)the ussr have so many missiles so that in case one missile fail the target,other one will hit it.in case of nk they doesn't have enougth missiles ,so in case they fail ,they are doom.also nk only says the missiles that work;i bet that most of their missiles will fall to the ocean.also a scenario where usa is invaded have a 0.0000000001 % chances of being true

The video make me laugth
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Heh, that depends IF those missiles even successfully launch and it just blows up in there faces, ahhh the hilarity of seeing them fail epically is worth it.

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 11:34