Reply to this topicStart new topic
multiple mods?
Paulkersey
post 11 Apr 2012, 6:12
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9068

Hello,this might not be the right place to ask but i was wondering if there's a away to have multiple mods installed and switch between them?
It seems like everyday im either playing this,shockwave,or contra and its getting annoying switch everything back and forth.
any way to do this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 11 Apr 2012, 6:19
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

You can have multiple SWR-mods installed at the same time and activate whichever you want to play by using the launchers.
However, we can't give any guarantees for non-SWRmods. Some of them do change the game files upon installation and thus cause conflicts with other mods.

+Quote Post
Paulkersey
post 11 Apr 2012, 6:21
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9068

Oh ok,i kept uninstalling and reinstalling to play shockwave then RotR.Thanks for the quick answer! btw awesome mods,its so fun just to see and use all the new stuff.are there any mods planned for the upcoming generals 2?

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 11 Apr 2012, 9:24
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Paulkersey @ 11 Apr 2012, 7:21) *
Oh ok,i kept uninstalling and reinstalling to play shockwave then RotR.Thanks for the quick answer! btw awesome mods,its so fun just to see and use all the new stuff.are there any mods planned for the upcoming generals 2?

Knowing EA it won't be modable at all.

+Quote Post
Trooper425
post 11 Apr 2012, 17:46
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1195

I used to run Generals mods quite a bit a few years back. I can guarantee this and ShockWave can install alongside other mods. So can Cold War Crisis and Vietnam Glory Obscured. My suggestion if you're not sure about a mod, get a clean version of Zero Hour (if it copies and runs, great, use the copy) and install one compatible mod (i.e. ShockWave) and the mod in question. Try running both, and look at the results.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 11 Apr 2012, 19:55
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

If you copy/paste your generals folder you can install a mod in each copy of that folder and it will work. The only limit is your HDD. I currently have 24 mods installed and they all work. But that takes about 30gb of space ...

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 13 Apr 2012, 14:49
Post #7

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

http://forum.mystiquestudios.com/index.php/topic,1807.0.html

beep

--------------------

+Quote Post
BrutalOrange
post 19 Apr 2012, 0:41
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 8919

As long as the mod has a launcher I'm guessing your fine. I have both ROTR and Boss Generals installed at the same time and both work perfectly along with the regular game, and before that I had ROTR and Cold War Crisis. So yeah, in my experience, as long as the mods have separate launchers you can have as many mods as you want. But if you have a mod that adds or removes a unit from the vanilla game I think you'll be in trouble.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 19:57