IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
So lets talk about fortifications Discussion of the Week #1, How interactions dont play out as well as they used to.
jl319
post 8 May 2017, 15:11
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14916

QUOTE (Zeke @ 6 May 2017, 8:53) *
If it were up to me, I would optimize them for that role instead, either making them an upgrade that adds a second health bar to defences using firebase logic, or make give them an ability like the anvil tank that make defences around them untargetable until they're destroyed.

I'd also make it so that they leave a husk when they die, similar to how oil derricks now function in ROTR, with an upgrade that lets players spend money to rebuild it in the same place, negating the need to send your dozer out every time to rebuild them (I'd probably add this system to demo traps as well).

I pretty much use them for their aesthetic value, too, but I would love your idea to be implemented, and I definitely would get more satisfaction from using them, especially now that they can be repaired by repair auras. I'd probably spam them all over together with Warhounds to deploy them. That would stave off those forsaken Rocket Buggies until I can build more defenses laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 17 May 2017, 22:35
Post #27

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I wonder if theres any otherthing else to add to this discussion...

People are suggesting tank traps take a more dedicated "Pathfinding ruiner" role for it even if that seems a tad counter intuitive in my book.

Also is it just me or dont eca players have problems at the first stages of the whole "buggy vs At Sniper" matchup starts.Buggies given they are snowballing from T1 can easily burst down a few of theese guys.So a pegasus ability on medic fortis would help recyle the funds.

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 17 May 2017, 22:35

--------------------

+Quote Post
Logica
post 3 Jul 2017, 21:24
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 13933

QUOTE (Zeke @ 6 May 2017, 2:53) *
The only time I used tank traps was when they could still be repaired (not sure if this was changed, like I said haven't played for a while), to me they were more like shields for your defences than road blocks, since the AI would waste their shots on them instead of your actual defences, kinda like permanent smoke grenades.

If it were up to me, I would optimize them for that role instead, either making them an upgrade that adds a second health bar to defences using firebase logic

I use them the same way, AIs do like shooting at them, and some of the tank shells and other projectiles sometimes hit that instead of the defences.

Yeah, maybe making them have a passive ability of making units shoot at it instead of what they were shooting at like the smoke grenades(but not always, as that would kinda be overpowered), and that they can be upgraded with increased health may be a good idea. Also, maybe the ECA can have like stealthed smoke dispensers, that once in a while, when there is an enemy nearby, it can shoot smoke grenades.

QUOTE (Zeke @ 6 May 2017, 2:53) *
I'd also make it so that they leave a husk when they die, similar to how oil derricks now function in ROTR, with an upgrade that lets players spend money to rebuild it in the same place, negating the need to send your dozer out every time to rebuild them (I'd probably add this system to demo traps as well).

Please add.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 6 Jul 2017, 11:47
Post #29

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

You sneak Logica... I like it

That idea is actually really cool and I can see something like that being very useful at buying time when all your base def has gone to shit. Still, I like zekes idea more just because of the simplicity of it

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
rey
post 9 Jul 2017, 9:23
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

@Zeke please add and upload for those interested to try.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 9 Jul 2017, 11:38
Post #31

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Well, he would need to make it to begin with, and given hes working on a few other mods right now so I don't see this being made.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 18:43