Reply to this topicStart new topic
Game Won't Run Anymore
H3adSh00t
post 2 Jan 2019, 11:43
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9224

So a couple of days ago I reinstalled my windows(7 64bit with SP1) and I wanted to play some Generals with a few mods. Vanilla Generals works fine, I did the whole options.ini fix, ran the game in compatibility mode etc. everything workes like a charm.

Now I try to play Zero Hour and I just can't get it to work anymore. If I run the game without any compatibility modes, it literally stops working after a few seconds, I only get the splash screen. If I set it to XP SP3 I get an error asking me to insert the correct DVD-ROM(I'm using The First Decade) and I know this is because Microsoft removed secu-rom. If I run it in Vista then I get the usual Technical Difficulties, with and without the options.ini fix. So I'm kinda out of ideas. Tried a bunch of fixes I found on the internet, none of them working obviously.

Any clues on what I could do? It worked before, I started up both RotR and Shockwave not even a week ago. sad.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
H3adSh00t
post 2 Jan 2019, 18:42
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9224

Edit:
Managed to make the game run again by installing it in a different folder outside Program Files.
Don't even know the reason behind it.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 21:21