IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

72 Pages V  « < 70 71 72  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Questions Thread, Q & A with the Developers!
Pickysaurus
post 9 Jan 2012, 11:30
Post #1776

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Just a though, will each factions hero get unique skills based on the sub general? Or will the all use stock abilities. Honestly, I use lotus and burton - but in the current Beta, Boris is drinking vodka in my barracks all game.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 9 Jan 2012, 11:42
Post #1777

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 482

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 9 Jan 2012, 7:15) *
QUOTE (n5p29 @ 8 Jan 2012, 23:15) *

regarding the new Command Truck:
- we got them right from the start of match as the main command center, or it's just an expansion vehicle?
- they starts with radar by default?
- is this mean no more independent Radar Van? if yes, will GLA got any new detector/scout unit?

Right from the start - it is your command center although it cannot produce workers. That's what your 'main hole' can does 8I.gif
As long as this truck is alive you can issue General powers, use radar (once purchased) and such. They have limited numbers you can have at one time in order to encourage the GLA player to hide their truck for once it dies you'll need to buy another in order to utilize your General powers I8.gif

I see, the unit's role is clear now. 8I.gif
but my last point haven't answered yet. because it also replaces Radar Van role as intel/radar provider, does GLA get new independent scout/detector unit?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 9 Jan 2012, 12:33
Post #1778

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Of course, all factions in ROTR will receive a scout unit of some sort. It's detector (from what I recall) will be such unit, that and the gen power for it. Also it is not armed XD.gif that's just cosmetics.

Also regarding the code model for the Command Vehicle has an interesting method that Andre was showing me. It's historical so I'd let him show you. Just know that the game knows that it is building when deployed. Or at all times, not sure.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 9 Jan 2012, 12:35
Post #1779

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Okay everyone is excited about the command truck but my curiosity is getting the best of me so I'll ask again in this thread - is the predator going to become an individual independent unit? Or is there a chance they are going to become a gen power?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 9 Jan 2012, 13:00
Post #1780

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

I'm afraid that little reference was merely storyline fluff. Armed, player-controlled Predator drones will not make an appearance in this mod.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 9 Jan 2012, 14:23
Post #1781

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

^ just can't seem to get a good news today! sad.gif

A question someone else originally asked - will the GLA holes also be mobile? As if they can "close up" anytime and open up in a different location after a while the same way that GLA underground tunnel gen power works in ZH?

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 9 Jan 2012, 14:29
Post #1782

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Now that's rather silly, it won't be called a hole anymore if it starts moving, would it? A mobile subway exit is not a very bright idea, IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 9 Jan 2012, 14:31
Post #1783

Group Icon

I should probably clarify this: No one ever confirmed that -all- GLA structures aside from the Command Truck will be mobile in the sense that the entire building can be moved. The actual buildings are still stationary, but the fact that many of them now function as tunnels, which are all interconnected, means that the GLA can spread across the map and move units between places a LOT faster than any other faction. This isn't as much about mobile bases as it is about map control. All it'll take is a single Worker who can pop down a basic tunnel structure in any part of the map and use this as a vantage point to bring in new units or set up an entirely new base. The effect is that the new GLA will be extremely difficult to wipe out completely; as long as their Command Truck survives, they can easily replenish their losses, up to and including base structures. Naturally, a Command Truck can be replaced as well, but for reasons I am not going to disclose yet, losing a Command Truck will hurt the GLA A LOT more than losing a Command Center would hurt any of the other factions.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 9 Jan 2012, 20:01
Post #1784

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (MARS @ 9 Jan 2012, 23:31) *
I should probably clarify this: No one ever confirmed that -all- GLA structures aside from the Command Truck will be mobile in the sense that the entire building can be moved. The actual buildings are still stationary, but the fact that many of them now function as tunnels, which are all interconnected, means that the GLA can spread across the map and move units between places a LOT faster than any other faction. This isn't as much about mobile bases as it is about map control. All it'll take is a single Worker who can pop down a basic tunnel structure in any part of the map and use this as a vantage point to bring in new units or set up an entirely new base. The effect is that the new GLA will be extremely difficult to wipe out completely; as long as their Command Truck survives, they can easily replenish their losses, up to and including base structures. Naturally, a Command Truck can be replaced as well, but for reasons I am not going to disclose yet, losing a Command Truck will hurt the GLA A LOT more than losing a Command Center would hurt any of the other factions.

I want to play them now. ='( (walks off crying)

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
MARS
post 9 Jan 2012, 20:45
Post #1785

Group Icon

Since this thread has gotten rather large and convoluted after 70+ pages, The_Hunter has officially tasked me with composing a list of Frequently Asked Questions and start a new, clean Questions Thread. Please refer to the new one in future.

(thread locked and unpinned)

+Quote Post

72 Pages V  « < 70 71 72
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 12:16