IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

72 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Questions Thread, Q & A with the Developers!
Lucid
post 10 Jun 2009, 6:38
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 103
Shoopus mah Whoopus

by "full-time" i mean working on it in their free time.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lord Atlantis
post 10 Jun 2009, 8:02
Post #27

Captain of the U.S.S. Kelvin
Group Icon

Member No.: 32
Exploring new worlds...

The SWR Team does their work on their mods in their free time. It is their hobby. Making an amazing game that pleases us. Both ShockWave and Rise of the Reds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 11 Jun 2009, 11:44
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

I've just seen the new 4&5 part of the race to 1.5.

I have a few question for you:

-In Screeshot number 7 we can see blocky things on the russian IFV, can you confirm that BMP-3 will get the reactive armor upgrade?On the other hand can you confirm that the airdropped BMD-4 won't get it,as we can see from screenshot n.9 (where there is a Kodiak ERA but a BMD-4 noERA)?

-In screenshot numeber 1 (althought is named number 9) we can see a battlemaster with frontal blocky things, again, is that an ERA?

-In screenshot number 5 (named 4) we can see two overlord upgrade, on the first on the right we can see bunker windows even on the typical overlord slide that is usually right after the little radar in the center, this makes me thing that the bunker now goes right on the center of this big vehicle leading to the end of the unresolved old problem of the Bukerlord (bunker on the back,less range for the tank hunter to destroy the incoming enemy forces.
can you confirm this?

If my thoughts are right, you are doing a perfect job at implementing new strategic an tactic feature and futher enhancing the gameplay of Rotr.
Actually even if i'm wrong, because you are doing more that EA can do with less actually, something like what they are capable in Blizzard, more depth keeping the game enjoyable and simple.

This post has been edited by katmoda12: 11 Jun 2009, 11:51

+Quote Post
Wi-Ta
post 11 Jun 2009, 11:58
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 8
Projects: SWR Tester
Old sneaky german

QUOTE (Lord Atlantis @ 10 Jun 2009, 6:02) *
The SWR Team does their work on their mods in their free time. It is their hobby. Making an amazing game that pleases us. ShockWave / WarGames / Generals Classic and Rise of the Reds.

fixed 8Ip.png

--------------------
QUOTE (NergiZed @ 5 Dec 2010, 18:51) *
Just add some green particle effects and it'll be like X-mas~!

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 20 Oct 2009, 14:17) *
The ECM effects have a nasty side effect that it makes pilots drunk :P

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Jun 2009, 16:05
Post #30

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (katmoda12 @ 11 Jun 2009, 2:44) *
I've just seen the new 4&5 part of the race to 1.5.

I have a few question for you:

-In Screeshot number 7 we can see blocky things on the russian IFV, can you confirm that BMP-3 will get the reactive armor upgrade?On the other hand can you confirm that the airdropped BMD-4 won't get it,as we can see from screenshot n.9 (where there is a Kodiak ERA but a BMD-4 noERA)?

-In screenshot numeber 1 (althought is named number 9) we can see a battlemaster with frontal blocky things, again, is that an ERA?

-In screenshot number 5 (named 4) we can see two overlord upgrade, on the first on the right we can see bunker windows even on the typical overlord slide that is usually right after the little radar in the center, this makes me thing that the bunker now goes right on the center of this big vehicle leading to the end of the unresolved old problem of the Bukerlord (bunker on the back,less range for the tank hunter to destroy the incoming enemy forces.
can you confirm this?

If my thoughts are right, you are doing a perfect job at implementing new strategic an tactic feature and futher enhancing the gameplay of Rotr.
Actually even if i'm wrong, because you are doing more that EA can do with less actually, something like what they are capable in Blizzard, more depth keeping the game enjoyable and simple.

• The BMP now benefits from ERA, making it's survivability substantial. The VDV BMD variant will not sport the ERA armor however, this already powerful general power doesn't need more buffs 8Ip.png
  • In reality it would, however in ROTR all Battlemasters have been upgraded to sport them by default. It wont generate any extra bonuses but it's merely a model update, a teaser if you will.
  • We changed a few things on the models, some have already spotted our new model changes to the Chinese vehicles when they benefit from upgrades I8.gif

And really, thanks for all the support guys, means a lot smile.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 11 Jun 2009, 18:22
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 11 Jun 2009, 13:05) *
  • We changed a few things on the models, some have already spotted our new model changes to the Chinese vehicles when they benefit from upgrades I8.gif

And really, thanks for all the support guys, means a lot smile.gif

Yes, I saw the Bunkerlord had some extra armor on the tank skirts. Fits well with the bunker.

+Quote Post
Numbers
post 12 Jun 2009, 13:30
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 126

This isn't exactly a question about the mod but this threads rules.

"Be moderate on the "Will unit X will be in this mod?" questions. We consider this as "fishing" for information, this will directly result in your first and final strike. If offense is executed multiple times you may lose the privilege of having access to this forum. The Fallout Studios forum rules apply to here as well. Please refer to the forum rules for more information. We are watching."

I am confused on multiple levels about this perhaps you can clarify some things in detail.
"We consider this as "fishing" for information"

The only reason we ask questions -is- for information so this being in a question and answer thread makes absolutely no sense. Chances are that can removed, and the rule will still be valid.
"Be moderate on the "Will unit X will be in this mod?" questions."

and
"this will directly result in your first and final strike."

These two conflict each other you can't be moderate if you can't ask at all since you get a warning your only one. As such this confuses me.

As a bonus maybe you can tell me how this question would be considered against the rules according to the above rule stated. (Noted I'm not asking for the actual answer)
"Do you have a general idea how much the ICBM will cost for the TOPOL M1?"
Is it because it's to specific? I'm not entirely sure since it is not a "Will unit X will be in this mod?" question so I don't know if the rule still applies. And if it does perhaps you can clarify in rules listed.
Who knows, is this a valid question?

And another note:
"The Fallout Studios forum rules apply to here as well."

The Fallout Studios thread also says that. Shouldn't that be edited?

Thank you for your time dude.

This post has been edited by Numbers: 12 Jun 2009, 13:41

+Quote Post
Stinger
post 12 Jun 2009, 13:49
Post #33

Kitteh
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

Thank you for calling attention to these facts, Numbers. I have temporarily unapproved the topic until these errors are rectified. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 12 Jun 2009, 14:47
Post #34

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

A question I asked at Fallout Studios,
Is it possible to have a list of the vZH units that will definitely not appear in ROTR?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 12 Jun 2009, 14:58
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

A few questions :

1. For 1.5 - will there be new units/structures for Russia, USA and China that have not been released to the public yet ?
2. Since the Assault Humvee has been scrapped, would it be possible to add it in the dev, so that people might add it to the usa warfactory smile.gif ?
3. Not for 1.5 specificly - since the firebase has the new tier system will it :
a. Gain an additional module except the artillery cannon ( simple y/n ).
b. will it get a new model ?
4. Will the Topol be in 1.5 ( as it was specified that some of the general specific models released won't be added to this release )?
5. Will there be new weapon systems FX and overall new FX in 1.5 ( like improved old weapon effects and additional new weapons effects ? ), except for reused ZH stuff ?
6. For 1.5 - will we see additional Tech Buildings ?

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 12 Jun 2009, 15:28
Post #36

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

QUOTE (Anubis @ 12 Jun 2009, 18:58) *
A few questions :

1. For 1.5 - will there be new units/structures for Russia, USA and China that have not been released to the public yet ?
2. Since the Assault Humvee has been scrapped, would it be possible to add it in the dev, so that people might add it to the usa warfactory smile.gif ?
3. Not for 1.5 specificly - since the firebase has the new tier system will it :
a. Gain an additional module except the artillery cannon ( simple y/n ).
b. will it get a new model ?
4. Will the Topol be in 1.5 ( as it was specified that some of the general specific models released won't be added to this release )?
5. Will there be new weapon systems FX and overall new FX in 1.5 ( like improved old weapon effects and additional new weapons effects ? ), except for reused ZH stuff ?
6. For 1.5 - will we see additional Tech Buildings ?

2. The texture to the Assault Humvee was lost and probably won't be remade. So I don't think it'll be included, certainly not in this version
3a. No
3b. I'm pretty sure it's a slightly updated model.
4. It's been stated before that it's only going to become available when the generals become available in version 2.0
5. Well, there are new weapons, and the effects accompanying said new weapons. Whether or not they are truly new FX is not something I would be able to differenciate. (like the surveillance missile trail and the T-64 munitions trail. I guess the Han's weapon.... oh, well, you'll have to wait and see. I8.gif )

Can't answer the other questions, under penalty of death by cheese-grater. You'll know the answer pretty darn soon anyhow. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nqss
post 12 Jun 2009, 17:52
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 92

It would be cool to see BTR-90
like its changing BMP-3 when you choosed one of generals powers
Specifications - can swim , infatry 8 ppl , soldiers can shoot from it

anyway
Are you going to remodel EVERYTING ?

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 12 Jun 2009, 20:34
Post #38

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Only the things we feel aren't up to the standards of the new models. Fortunately for you, there's a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nqss
post 12 Jun 2009, 23:30
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 92

QUOTE (Overdose @ 12 Jun 2009, 18:34) *
Only the things we feel aren't up to the standards of the new models. Fortunately for you, there's a lot.

unfortunately i will be in army , when you finish that a lot

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 13 Jun 2009, 3:29
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

I have a question on the brand new rusiian blackout node.

-This structure works like Kassad's radar jammer upgrade?Does it shroud an area with black shroud?

-How it works in interaction with instant intelligence power like spy satellite(spy satellite reveal and than the area became again shrouded)?

-How it works with permanent intelligence power like satellite hack I (the shroud prevent the chinese power over the CC or it is overrun)?

-this shrouded area prevent the utilization of general power like bombardment or even superweapon until it is uncovered?

Thanks for your patience

P.S.: i've became so addicted to daily updates that stopping like that, with no warning, after the part 4&5 it is indeed really unpolite and rude.On top of that you have announced a realease soon, with no date, you really are bloody B. gun8.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 13 Jun 2009, 3:57
Post #41

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (katmoda12 @ 13 Jun 2009, 0:29) *
I have a question on the brand new rusiian blackout node.

-This structure works like Kassad's radar jammer upgrade?Does it shroud an area with black shroud?

-How it works in interaction with instant intelligence power like spy satellite(spy satellite reveal and than the area became again shrouded)?

-How it works with permanent intelligence power like satellite hack I (the shroud prevent the chinese power over the CC or it is overrun)?

-this shrouded area prevent the utilization of general power like bombardment or even superweapon until it is uncovered?

Thanks for your patience

P.S.: i've became so addicted to daily updates that stopping like that, with no warning, after the part 4&5 it is indeed really unpolite and rude.On top of that you have announced a realease soon, with no date, you really are bloody B. gun8.gif tongue.gif

I can imagine that'll come into the "wait and see" department.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 13 Jun 2009, 5:09
Post #42

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Correctomundo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 14 Jun 2009, 15:31
Post #43

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

do the new gattling cannonns fire bullets or flak cannons?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 14 Jun 2009, 16:03
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

The targeting piece on the gattling cannon does it act like the beetle targetting computer like in SW??

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 14 Jun 2009, 16:11
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Pal @ 14 Jun 2009, 13:31) *

No.

QUOTE (Jester @ 14 Jun 2009, 14:03) *
The targeting piece on the gattling cannon does it act like the beetle targetting computer like in SW??

No.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazykenny
post 14 Jun 2009, 16:33
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 70
Paladin of Steel

Will the unexplained "lag" phenomena be fixed in the next release?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 14 Jun 2009, 16:35
Post #47

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Crazykenny @ 14 Jun 2009, 14:33) *
Will the unexplained "lag" phenomena be fixed in the next release?

I would think that your well enough informed to know that this is a unfixable thing.
It has been around since ZH and has to do with bad pathfinding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ka1000
post 14 Jun 2009, 16:53
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 61
heehoohaa

... especially when there's bridges on the map rolleyes.gif

--------------------
P

+Quote Post
Sensationalism
post 14 Jun 2009, 17:19
Post #49

What is love?
Group Icon

Member No.: 147
It's not me, it's you..

So when do you guys create some official campaigns for ROTR? I'd think it'd be a low priority, but do you guys know what you'll do with it yet?

--------------------

Yup, that's me.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 14 Jun 2009, 21:29
Post #50

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 14 Jun 2009, 14:11) *
QUOTE (Pal @ 14 Jun 2009, 13:31) *

No.

Wait they dont fire bullets either? then what they fire?

--------------------

+Quote Post

72 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 0:19