IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Post your strategies for your favorite faction!
BrutalOrange
post 2 Jan 2012, 20:42
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8919

Post what do you do to win your enemy. What kind of units do you prefer to use. What do you do you keep a constant supply of money. Your assault tactics. Priorities. Way of building (do you turtle, or fan out), etc.

Basically post how do you normally play with your favorite faction, and let's all help each other to get better at this mod and game.

I'm still getting used to the new AI and units so..... you first!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 3 Jan 2012, 0:11
Post #2

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

USA vs AI

Horde snipers on my defensive line. Raid the base with infantry loaded humvees, flank round the defensive line. Cut off the resources in their base then send ground units to cut power. Finally bombard with CAS and take the base.
If AI resists, take out their tech buildings to reduce the strength of incoming units.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 3 Jan 2012, 1:02
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

USA vs AI

Pretty much turtle up until i have quite abit of cash to spend whilst doing this perform multiple air attacks against the enemies less protected pieces of base (like when they fan out to other supply depos) Play around with infantry abit. Usually two blackhawks full of rangers and a few commanches for any armor the enemy might have and move them into small less defended enemy bases and take them out. Mass groups of 8 paladins and crusaders 4 paladins 4 crusaders also have a few squads of tomahawks between 5 or 6 of them and begin to attack the enemies main base . Whilst this is happening i build about 3 airfields closer to the enemies base (depending on map size) so that my fighters and bombers dont have to travel as far to rearm and the airfields they just left fill with more aircraft that i also use but travel further to and from my base. Finish my main attack with commanches helping out and my fighters and bombers constantly on station in case of enemy choppers fighters bombers heavy armor or just enemy structures in general. I let my enemy advance a little bit before i decide to attack. Battles are more fun and intense when you have overlords or sentinels added into the mix. I also suck at pvp i much prefer to play the AI tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 3 Jan 2012, 1:11
Post #4

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

1) Build Firebase
2) Train Missile Defenders
3) Build Firebase
4) Train Missile Defenders
5) Build Firebase
6) Train Missile Defenders
7) Build Firebase
8) Train Missile Defenders
9) Build that new missile-launching thingy (Can't remember...)
10) Train some Pathfinders.
11) Train more Pathfinders.
12) Build one airfield.
13) Build two airfields.
14) Build eight Raptors.
15) Build four Nighthawks.
16) Build nine Comanches.
17) Build eighteen Tomahawks.
18) Build many SDZs.
19) Grab Kamuik or someone.
20) Build many, many Avengers.
21) Have a field day on the enemy's vehicles and tanks using Tomahawks as MBTs to advance on the enemy base along with Kamuik.
22) Christmas Day with my genpowers.

Kinda complicated isn't it? Yeah, I know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Massey
post 3 Jan 2012, 4:57
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

These no "one type" of way I kill my enermy. I said in another thread, when I play against AI (and thats 99.9% of the time) I find that all three factions have very multi way of playing them. So I can not say "do this" I think its one of the factors that make a game that keeps on playing fun!

But i will say this:
Build base, Build defence, Build raiding/scouting party, Build attaching force, lose first major battle, build second force and win game. ^.^
As I can not explain the multi-ways of playing each faction, i willsay follow this and u should be good for a medal Generals.

8chi.png Massey

This post has been edited by Massey: 3 Jan 2012, 4:58

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 3 Jan 2012, 11:09
Post #6

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Destiny @ 3 Jan 2012, 1:11) *
[...]
19) Grab Kamuik or someone.
[...]
21) Have a field day on the enemy's vehicles and tanks using Tomahawks as MBTs to advance on the enemy base along with Kamuik.
[...]

I do like how you still use my old call-sign. Ah, nostalgia.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 3 Jan 2012, 15:21
Post #7

Group Icon

Forum Mechanic

QUOTE (SorataZ @ 3 Jan 2012, 11:09) *
I do like how you still use my old call-sign. Ah, nostalgia.

Oh i wondered where you went i never realised you changed your name laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Jan 2012, 15:24
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

What, so you just realised that SorataZ is KamuiK? What a shocking twist...!

Sorry, had to. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Jester
post 4 Jan 2012, 1:22
Post #9

Group Icon

Forum Mechanic

I lol'd tongue.gif

+Quote Post
LT. Drake Jackso...
post 6 Jan 2012, 17:18
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8869
Support and logistics player.

Ok so here is a small strategy to get it done fast or somehow like it with Russian forces.
First, build up 2 more dozers, let's call the first dozer you start with Dozer 1, other 2 will be Dozer 2 and 3 respectively.
Dozer one will be entertained building up to 4 Coal plants.
Dozer 2 will build a barracks after it's created. (Train some conscripts with Capture building upgrate if there are some buildings nearby to capture)
Dozer 3 will be able to build a supply center after it's created. (Because it's supposed that Dozer 1 already builded a energy building)
Send Dozer 2 to build defenses
My defense system:
-Build 2 kashtans (Is it spelled that way?) and 2 component towers (Upgrate them with anti tank system), were?
-The main entrance where you know someone is going to come (AI most cases will go straight into your base).
-Surroundings with a duo of 1 kashtan 1 anti-tank comp-tower (But if you know those sides are going to be heaten up fast put one or 2 more of these)
By the time Dozer 3 is done with the supply center, build a war factory. (Start making BMP's, 9 to be exact)
Dozer 1 should be done with the energy buildings, build another war factory. (DON'T forget you are still building defenses by this time).
Dozer 3 now will have to build a weapons bunker. (So tanks and arty could be unlocked).
When the weapons bunker is done, build 9 Kodiaks (And if you are fast, 2 or 4 grizzly ones (If that's not the name, refer to toxin/radiation resistant ones)
Build 4 MSTA (artillery).
Build 4 or 5 anti air Tunguska's.
More "personal" idea: Lock tanks with CTRL + 1, BMP's with CTRL + 2, arty with CTRL + 3, and anti air CTRL + 4
Now move fast to the front (Or side if you are a sneaky person) of enemy base and bombard their defenses with MTSA, make sure you display your units like this: First line: MBT's(Main Battle Tank's). Second line: BMP's. Third line (VERY close to first ones): Anti air. Fourth line: Arty.
That way you will be leveling a bit of enemy defenses, protecting arty from enemy air and land and finally when defenses are weak, don't wait to completely level them with artillery, just rush in with tanks and BMP's, keep anti air close just to make sure there are no sneaky helos or planes around, Air field and war factory should be priority targets, if your arty is still alive I suggest they aid the main attack force (BMP's, tanks and anti air) destroy those 2 types of buildings.
Finally, let the BMP's near barracks and command center to make sure no Dozer goes out or bloody infantry comes to ruin plans and level the rest of the base with MBT's and arty.
And well, ehm, that's my tactic in most common skirmishes. smile.gif
That's the fast way anyway, sometimes I like to take myself time and hole up in my base, making lots of anti air defenses to avoid those nasty general air attacks with A-10's or what ever flying thing it comes, and rank up some points until I create a big army and assault... Hope it helps, cya smile.gif

This post has been edited by LT. Drake Jackson: 7 Jan 2012, 2:27

--------------------
"Once the first bullet goes past your head... Politics, go right out the window" Black Hawk Down the movie.

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 9 Jan 2012, 23:38
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

This is usually my build order;
1: Build as much power generators with my first builder while my 2nd builder is being built.
2: Build the infantry barracks for my side and get the 3rd and 4th builder up.
3: Build a supply depot with my 2nd builder., build another depot at another supply cache with the 3rd builder, and defense by the 4th.
4: Place infantry in building with 6 anti-infantry soldiers and 4 AT infantry per building.
5: Build IFVs and light AA defenses, build the tier 2 building.
6: Deploy main battle tanks and more infantry.
7: build the tier 3 building, and then build an air field.
8: Build heavy tanks, artillery, and bombers. Build 2 superweapons for counter superweapon detail.

Now my strategy is as followed.
1: Hold the line in the game, allow my forces to get experience fighting.
2: Secure as much resources as possible, while hitting the enemy with either air strikes or artillery.
3: Once the lines are secured, Build two forces, one for grabbing the enemy's attention, and the other to hit their rear.
4:Once i have control over the center of the map, I fortify it with infantry, AA weapons, and heavy tanks.
5: Begin using the air force to knock out the enemy's base defense and power supplies.
6: Once the enemy is crippled (black-out, economy downfall, or lack of men), i send in my ground forces to hit the base, with the air force hitting those foolish to resist or run.

+Quote Post
Shasokais
post 12 Jan 2012, 5:00
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 8932

Now i'm going full air force with russia. While i'm quite noobish, i still love berkuts and choppers deepstriking at the enemy. And tend to use lotsa airfields and just small groups of cheap armor for base defense.

+Quote Post
BrutalOrange
post 22 Jan 2012, 17:18
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 8919

I finally came up with a solid strategy to use in my matches.

First off, secure around 3-5 supply docks to make sure supplies are rolling in constantly.
Capture any and all oil derricks and refineries within my reach.
Secure the middle of the map and build 2-3 war factories there.
In some cases, I'll build a war factory and a barracks on either flank of the enemy to flank him.
In the middle of the map, I'll keep building Tunguskas, Kodiaks, Shock Troopers and Igla troopers to fend off any enemy that attacks the middle base until the next step.
Build an industrial plant ASAP and do ERA and mass production upgrades.
Build an initial wave of 6 Golem tanks and 6 Tunguskas and attack the enemy head on.
After that I'll send out wave after wave of 4 Golem tanks and 4 Tunguskas to destroy the enemy base.
If the enemy proves to be strong I'll send out FOAB to destroy reactors to make it easy to break into his base and I'll also send Backfire things to destroy his airfields.
Occasionally, I'll send out Hinds filled with Shock Troopers and Igla Troopers behind enemy lines to destroy air fields and reactors.
If I have enough cash, I'll build a Termor or two to finish off the enemy.

That's all I guess. I started using this strategy a week ago and it works quite well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 17:13