Reply to this topicStart new topic
Russian Air Force
Shasokais
post 8 Jan 2012, 5:07
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8932

Hi. When i play ROTR with the russians, i always try to go with the airforce. I mean, I am quite offensive but in the air. What tactics can you give me to become more effective with the frontal aviation? Thank you.

P.D. Love using berkuts, su25's and helos... hehehe even more than tanks, however i still use some tanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Claine
post 8 Jan 2012, 9:14
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

welcome dude! for me US stealth fighter, black hawk and look at the paladin look similar to M1 Abrams and specially my favorite crusader w/ hover mode cant wait for 2.0 screwyou.gif duh_worm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Jan 2012, 9:49
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Shasokais @ 8 Jan 2012, 5:07) *
Hi. When i play ROTR with the russians, i always try to go with the airforce. I mean, I am quite offensive but in the air. What tactics can you give me to become more effective with the frontal aviation? Thank you.

P.D. Love using berkuts, su25's and helos... hehehe even more than tanks, however i still use some tanks.

Well, you already mentioned the term 'frontal aviation', which is traditionally part of real life Russian airforce doctrines since the Cold War. Within the context of the game, this means that Russian planes such as the Berkut and the Frogfoot are most ideally suited for fast, tactical strikes in support of advancing ground forces. The Russian airfield is unique in that it only holds three planes but unlike the other factions, these three planes can take off at the same time which makes it much easier to coordinate Russian airstrikes quickly. In addition, you should always assign your squadrons to keyboard numbers so you can just quick-select and target them almost like a general power. To make your frontal aviation even more quick-responding, you can put all your planes on ground-/air-guard and let them fly circles over your base so you can skip the take-off phase entirely and strike even faster when needed.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 8 Jan 2012, 10:47
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (MARS @ 8 Jan 2012, 18:49) *
To make your frontal aviation even more quick-responding, you can put all your planes on ground-/air-guard and let them fly circles over your base so you can skip the take-off phase entirely and strike even faster when needed.

As if steal my trick!
But remember (to steal a RA2 line) you can not win the war with it but u can not win the war without it. So USE all types of units and win win.

8chi.png Massey

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Jester
post 8 Jan 2012, 17:42
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Personally i use ground units at first to soften up the enemy (stop them from producing forward operating bases destroy there Command centre and stop them from producing super weapons) this allows me to become more Airforce orientated because i wont have the constant threat of a tremor particle cannon or nuke missle to worry about. Also i build more airfields closer to the frontlines so that they dont have to travel as far to and from the battle. I know its not much but hope this helps dude.

+Quote Post
Shasokais
post 11 Jan 2012, 0:08
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 8932

well, thanks for ur answers.

BTW, and what about helos? Hinds look quite expensive though... what u recommend?

This post has been edited by Shasokais: 11 Jan 2012, 0:08

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 11 Jan 2012, 8:18
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

I often use Berkut for defensive purpose while the Frogfoot for surgical strike (before my ground force rolling in).

Hind is useful asset if you like playing with infantries (especially shock troopers). Insert a squad or two behind unsuspecting opponent could be a great advantage. Just watch out for any AA. Or you can use it to support ground force.

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 22:08