Reply to this topicStart new topic
General's Challenge, Bug?
Mind_Trickx
post 15 Jul 2009, 0:19
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 259

Ok, so Shockwave is really cool, I love what you guys have done with it. But I do have a problem, I wanted to do the General's Challenge on this mod. Now, before I decided to do the challenge, I played a few skirmish games and played around with the new units and factions. So to do the challenge, I chose the Laser General, he seemed very well rounded with his offense (laser paladins and laser comanches) and his defense (laser turrets and pathfinders). I enter the Challenge as Townes. The first Challenge goes smoothly, it was the Air Force General. He was fine except for the fact that he starts with low power. I don't know if this is a bug that he starts like this, but I know it would have made it a bit more challenging if he could upgrade his Reactors. (Even before he builds his Particle Cannon, he is low power. He is not low power in the beginning cinematic but that is before he builds a couple airfields, which I believe knock him into the red.)

So I defeat the Air Force General. Feeling confident in my abilities, I click Continue and bam, next General is the Demolition General, Juhziz. Now this is totally new to me because he was never in the Zero Hour Challenge (no idea why). So to make a long story short, I defeat him with the use of Col. Burton, Laser Comanches, and Laser Turrets. Then to my dismay, after the splash screen pops up for Victory and the game telling me "You are victorious!", RIGHT before it goes to the results screen, my game crashes. This happened on Medium difficulty and I never saved, so I was very unhappy. Then I decided that any General worth his salt would attempt the challenge on Hard. So I did so, same general (Townes) and I defeat the elusive Juhziz again. But, to no avail. My game crashes again with one of those "You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things, including viruses, overheated hardware, and hardware that does not meet the minimum system requirements." (Quoted from memory because I have seen so many of these errors in my games lol, I know there is one more sentence but I can't remember exactly what it is.)

I am patched up to the newest version. Does anyone have any advice on these two bugs and if they can/will be fixed/avoided?

This post has been edited by Mind_Trickx: 15 Jul 2009, 0:21
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shock
post 15 Jul 2009, 0:37
Post #2

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

This has been reported many times before, it is a known issue. Unfortunately there is not anything you can do about it, except saving the game just before you complete the challenge, and it will probably work once.

I have had these problems with your version too. However, you'll be happy to know that I have found the in-development version to run the challenges much more stable, so the next version may just also fix your problem.

Although I do not give you any guarantee. Crashes like this are hard to pinpoint and fix completely. It is not linked to the Juhziz Challenge specifically, it can happen with any challenge you do.

This post has been edited by Shock: 15 Jul 2009, 0:38

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mind_Trickx
post 15 Jul 2009, 3:38
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 259

QUOTE (Shock @ 14 Jul 2009, 21:37) *
This has been reported many times before, it is a known issue. Unfortunately there is not anything you can do about it, except saving the game just before you complete the challenge, and it will probably work once.

I have had these problems with your version too. However, you'll be happy to know that I have found the in-development version to run the challenges much more stable, so the next version may just also fix your problem.

Although I do not give you any guarantee. Crashes like this are hard to pinpoint and fix completely. It is not linked to the Juhziz Challenge specifically, it can happen with any challenge you do.

Thanks a lot man, cleared it up for me. And yes I forgot to mention that I did save about 1 minute before I won the Juhziz Challenge. So I will do as you suggested and hopefully it will work smile.gif I guess I will do this for all the generals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 18:31