The_Hunter
post 7 Aug 2014, 12:33
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Originally designed for the British Royal Engineers, the Warhound is a combat engineering vehicle used by the European Continental Army. Rapidly deployable thanks to its light weight of just over 30 tons, this versatile machine can be used for a variety of purposes. Its armament consists of a short 140mm cannon, which is typically loaded with high-explosive demolition shells, and a co-axial .50 calibre machine gun. The cannon, while devastating against static targets, infantry and light vehicles, cannot be fired on the move due to the relatively simplistic fire control systems, and requires the vehicle to be deployed in place. In that state, the Warhound can also be used to repair nearby buildings in a small radius around itself. Finally, the vehicle can use its powerful digging instruments to escavate a small pit to hide explosives in, which can be detonated on a manual command to surprise enemies. In combat, the Warhound has quickly proven itself as a worthy supplement to any defensive strongpoint as well as a helpful force multiplier in urban and mountainous battlespaces since the famous ECA campaigns in North Africa.

The Field Quarters is a handy new vehicle that we've added for the Russian Federation. It is part of a modification that was done to the Rank 3 Conscript Paradrop power. Now known as Conscript Reserves, the unlock will grant you access to the Conscript Paradrop that we all know and love, as well as the Field Quarters, which can be produced at the Russian Supply Depot. You can also individually refit your Supply Wartrucks into these vehicles to get some additional use out of them in the later period of the game. Once deployed, the Field Quarters serves as a kind of mobile barracks which can only produce Conscripts, thus allowing you to deploy basic infantry units closer to the battle and help maintain offensive pressure or defensive opposition against your opponent.

As always, we would like to remind all of you out there that there will be another stream on this Sunday:

Countdown until the stream starts

Also, in case you missed last week's stream, you can check it out on our Youtube channel here

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darky
post 7 Aug 2014, 13:04
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

The Warhound's burying explosives ability seems to be another minelaying ability, besides being manual, doesn't that overlap with the Mole? It's a new concept to have these kinds of tanks in Gens anyway and I suppose it would be used more on the frontline compared to the Mole. Since it is light and early game, will it also be fast? Will it be able to keep up with Gepards and Pandurs? As Leopards really don't have that much value until you get the ball rolling.

Will Field Quarters get rally points? It kinda matters with Conscripts. Still, pretty neat.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 7 Aug 2014, 13:13
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Very nice! With all these units, building a base in WorldBuilder couldn't get more fun! Unless, you're planning to add some new civilian props?

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Aug 2014, 13:19
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

The Warhound is simply wonderful, especially the turret. mindfuck.gif

The Field Quarters is also a great addition to the Russia's strategy involving conscripts. Do not forget to enable the ability to fully recover infantry when called to enter into the deployed Quarters (like the Barracks ability), then you can create 'healpoints' in the battlefield. wink.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 7 Aug 2014, 13:20
Post #5

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Awesome. Both of them are really useful. Now conscript spam is no longer difficult. And ECA early game won't be as clumsy as it was before.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 7 Aug 2014, 14:35
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10072

A vehicle that can produce Infantry? Looks kinda goofy in my opinion

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 7 Aug 2014, 14:56
Post #7

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Oliver @ 7 Aug 2014, 15:35) *
A vehicle that can produce Infantry? Looks kinda goofy in my opinion

This should answer our reasoning:

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 7 Aug 2014, 15:20
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

This is one hell of a great update.This new Warhound is one 'totally ECA' unit...
As for Russian vehicle...Great idea.
I have few questions,can this new ECA vehicle clear mines ? And is it true that it will be built only from Field Command ?

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 7 Aug 2014, 15:29
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

I generally like those additions, they look cool and are interesting units.
But i fear that they will, at least in 1.85 leave other units behind.
The warhound does what the repair pandur could do before, but with a cannon, and cheaper and while being earlier available. But it does not repair units, right?
Also I do not think that another mine laying ability would profit the ECA, since they already have Combat Pioneers, and Mole Minelayers.
When the units are split between generals in future updates it of course would make sense to have so many different units that do the same job, but right now that does not seem to make sense to me gameplay wise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 7 Aug 2014, 15:38
Post #10

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Please note the Warhound AVRE is extremely slow, so you're always better off to use to repair structures (with the upgrade) and use Engineer Pandurs for your strike force instead. The difference is notable enough to have both of them.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 7 Aug 2014, 15:56
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Umpfelgrumpf @ 7 Aug 2014, 16:29) *
Also I do not think that another mine laying ability would profit the ECA, since they already have Combat Pioneers, and Mole Minelayers.

The demolition charges the AVRE puts down are not comparable to mines.
They are more like realy souped up commando c4 bombs and must be detonated manualy otherwise they will not do anything.
Pioneer mines are also unique in the sense that they are dedicated anti vehicle mines and will not be triggered by anything but vehicles.

QUOTE (Umpfelgrumpf @ 7 Aug 2014, 16:29) *
The warhound does what the repair pandur could do before, but with a cannon, and cheaper and while being earlier available. But it does not repair units, right?

Repair pandurs have a much larger radius and don't need to deploy unless you want to repair structures(which they didn't prefrom all that well in pvp scenarios to begin with).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:02
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

Alright, thanks for your answers, I see that you always think that through^^.
Let's hope that you're finished soon with all the good stuff then smile.gif.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:13
Post #13

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 7 Aug 2014, 8:04) *
Will Field Quarters get rally points?

Nope, it doesn't have rally point.

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 7 Aug 2014, 10:20) *
Can this new ECA vehicle clear mines ?

No, it can't clear mines.

This post has been edited by Mr.Kim: 7 Aug 2014, 16:16

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:19
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10072

Also forgot to mention, seems like the supply truck got a revamp but.... No new tires? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:28
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

^What's wrong with the tires?

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:40
Post #16

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

So it produces conscripts? Does this include RPG Conscripts?

+Quote Post
TheSneakyGLA
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:45
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 10059
Projects: ROTR Tester

So it produces conscripts? Does this include RPG Conscripts?

Only conscripts.

--------------------
Printing Quadcannons.

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 7 Aug 2014, 16:58
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

Awesome, even moar cool stuff for the supply gatherers, and the ECA gets a turtle vehicle (a slow vehicle that has to deploy to shoot), tib sun tick tanks anyone?

Great work as always

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
kwendy
post 7 Aug 2014, 20:05
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 9854

Field quarters would be OP in securing supply dumps if it didn't required 3 stars.
By the way, I haven't really seen the russian airplanes on streams. Even Bruse haven't given us proper russian airshow ((

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 7 Aug 2014, 20:15
Post #20

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

I forgot to use 'em last time. TBH they aren't that good vs ECA - if ECA doesn't have Claymores in which case, Sokol is a must.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 7 Aug 2014, 21:48
Post #21

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

Nice update!
Is it safe to assume that the Warhound will be available to all of the ECA generals?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 7 Aug 2014, 21:53
Post #22

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 7 Aug 2014, 15:48) *
Nice update!
Is it safe to assume that the Warhound will be available to all of the ECA generals?

Typically you can tell by the insignia on the unit. If it's a General specific then it'll be a General specific. In this case it is indeed a universal ECA T0 unit.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 8 Aug 2014, 5:50
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

Can you depilot a Field Quarters when it's mobile?

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 9 Aug 2014, 6:19
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (kwendy @ 7 Aug 2014, 22:05) *
Field quarters would be OP in securing supply dumps if it didn't required 3 stars.
By the way, I haven't really seen the russian airplanes on streams. Even Bruse haven't given us proper russian airshow ((

I used them from time to time, mainly as oil derrick/tech building hunters and reconnaissance. Also as anti-artillery units. But usually I find myself lacking free GPs to go for Sokols, especially when having allied air support in team games, and especially in light of recent Oil Derrick changes. So Russian Airforce unlock now properly being an optional feature, unlike in 1.802.

QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 7 Aug 2014, 22:15) *
I forgot to use 'em last time. TBH they aren't that good vs ECA - if ECA doesn't have Claymores in which case, Sokol is a must.

I'd rather say it's a must against USA, since you won't kill enemy tech buildings with Hellions - half of them would just get sniped by raptors before they arrive at their intended destination. That's why Sokols become a must in those conditions, sneaking around battlefield undetected.
Goliath-upgraded helicopters is enough to deal with Claymores - IF you'll detect them in time, that is.

On topic: These things hurt. Alot. Even if player doesn't use their special ability, what everyone should. Their speed atm is not as slow as people here say, but it might change in future.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 9 Aug 2014, 6:25

+Quote Post
PiratesYarrr
post 12 Aug 2014, 16:31
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9244

I imagine given the role and weapon, the Warhound will have a very slow firing but high damage weapon with some splash damage?

--------------------
Victorus aut Mortis!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 8:35