Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RoTR in SC2 (yes, again)
spookeydonkey
post 28 Dec 2017, 1:40
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13995

I put this topic here because, as best said in The Walking Dead, "Stupid MF'ers thing Smart MF'ers are Crazy MF'ers.

Let the hate begin:

I honestly don't think we will ever see a final form of this mod that will made whatever players are left happy. Naturally that's to be expected, but I believe if we ever see a 2.0 it's just gonna be a "we/I finished all this, here to you go, no more coming" type of thing. Which is fine, I can't believe some madmen are still supporting this game in 2017. It's like kinda sad that we don't have any awsome RTS games around. Starcraft 2 doesn't count, it's a game where the top tier only use like 2 units and it's a game where you just expand or die.

This game is like that, but a lot more fun.

I don't expect anyone to ever port more than a handful of units to SC2, but if anyone ever wanted to try, they should def steal models/units from ROTR or base ZH. Maybe tune SC2 to be more like ZH, but that would take a pretty deep understanding of SC2's mechanics.

I would pay $500 USD to anyone who could make a few decent conversions...at a fast pace.

If anyone is bothering why focus on SC2, it's already on it's way out etc...well, I don't think we will have a big name like SC2 ever again in the RTS space. SC2 brings in players (not sure about creators...didn't check out any SC2 mods as I rarely play it) and possibly talented mod makers. The engine is pretty solid, the netplay is pretty solid (cough SWR.NET sucks cough).

And before the BS about stuff that's can't be done in SC2....a lot has been accomplished with SAGE, just imagine was a REAL engine made a REAL company that has actual TALENT on hand could accomplish. We're talking about Blizzard, not some 2nd/3rd tier company. Some units may never be able to be fully converted etc, but so what?

Lastly, I need to state that such a task would be boring, and require a bit of learning and luck. Specific versions of tools need to be dug up, and those are increasingly harder to find as time goes on (looking at you, specific version of 3DS!). After hours I was able to convert some old models to a format that the 2011 3DS (for use with SC2 Tools) could play with, but in the end it was just too much stuff for one person to do (well, one person that lacked some skills). SC2 modding info would have made stuff easier, 3D modeling info also would have helped but whatever.

I have money though and money talks. Honestly all this started with me wanting to convert a HIND and whup some Zerg sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
XoGamer
post 13 Jan 2018, 14:54
Post #2

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12634

Add reptilian faction pls uwu

There unik unit shoild be illumanti
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 12:17