IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My own Mod, Need some help to make my own mod.
OhaahO
post 22 Feb 2017, 17:47
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12939

Hello again,

About 2 weeks ago, I was thinking of making my own mod for my own use. I am now trying to combine the Shockwave, Operation Firestorm, Contra and Reborn and some other small mods. But I have a few questions about this:

- Is there any limit of players that can be put in the playertemplate.ini?

- Is there any way to expand the maximal amount of general powers in the general power system?

That are my questions for now. If I have any more questions, I will put them here.

Thank you for reading it and responding to it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Chappi55
post 22 Feb 2017, 19:14
Post #2

Particle effects since 2004'
Group Icon

Member No.: 9029

Not to burst your bubble mate but the mods you've mentioned are pretty huge. You're going to have a hard time trying to get rid of conflicts. And even after that which would take you probably a year of constant work (at best) you're going to run into SAGE limitations. I don't remember the exact player limitation but believe me that it's smaller than the number of generals combined from those mods.

You're better off creating your own sub factions with some of your favourite units first.

It's possible to increase the commandset size (See widescreen mod). I haven't heard about superpowers though.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 23 Feb 2017, 2:50
Post #3

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (OhaahO @ 23 Feb 2017, 0:47) *
Hello again,

About 2 weeks ago, I was thinking of making my own mod for my own use. I am now trying to combine the Shockwave, Operation Firestorm, Contra and Reborn and some other small mods. But I have a few questions about this:

- Is there any limit of players that can be put in the playertemplate.ini?

- Is there any way to expand the maximal amount of general powers in the general power system?

That are my questions for now. If I have any more questions, I will put them here.

Thank you for reading it and responding to it.

1. You can put any number of players in PlayerTemplate.ini, but there are only 15 AI alots you can use, so only 15 factions can have AI.

2. You can increase the number of gen power points you get, but you can't add more slots to the menu.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OhaahO
post 23 Feb 2017, 12:40
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 23 Feb 2017, 2:50) *
1. You can put any number of players in PlayerTemplate.ini, but there are only 15 AI alots you can use, so only 15 factions can have AI.

And if I want to switch between them, do I need to use the ; button? Or are there more possibilities?

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 23 Feb 2017, 14:10
Post #5

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (OhaahO @ 23 Feb 2017, 19:40) *
And if I want to switch between them, do I need to use the ; button? Or are there more possibilities?

You can't switch between them since each AI is tailored specifically to each faction, there's no way to quickly switch between them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 23 Feb 2017, 16:16
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 123

Also don't forget the upgrade limit. You can only have 128 upgrades in the game and each of the mods you mentioned is pretty close to that limit. You would have to drastically cut the upgrades or merge them to make this work.

+Quote Post
OhaahO
post 23 Feb 2017, 18:45
Post #7

Group Icon

If i can make all these changes working, it would be a next step in modding this game. smile.gif

+Quote Post
OhaahO
post 23 Feb 2017, 18:47
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Stalker @ 23 Feb 2017, 16:16) *
Also don't forget the upgrade limit. You can only have 128 upgrades in the game and each of the mods you mentioned is pretty close to that limit. You would have to drastically cut the upgrades or merge them to make this work.

Many upgrades are comming with the different mods. And some units have unique upgrades. If I don't put those units ingame, I have a lot less upgrades to merge or cut smile.gif

+Quote Post
OhaahO
post 26 Feb 2017, 18:03
Post #9

Group Icon

I don't know if anyone of you guys knows this, but i found a way to use some general powers with a general without putting it in the general power selection menu. I use the purschase science line and the shortcutline and past it in any building. Welcome to many possibllities to use special powers smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 15:01