Reply to this topicStart new topic
The truth
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 17:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

I've been holding back for a long while now, and I really can't do this anymore. I have to tell the truth. Oookay, here we go.

I am not a real person - I am a program installed here by Electronic Arts to keep a close eye on the mod Rise of the Reds since late December, 2012. It was my mission to spy on the mod and steal any good gameplay or design ideas to incorporate, with modifications, into the game Command & Conquer (Generals 2). However, since the game's untimely cancellation my mission has been moot and I've been roaming this forum's servers for over two years now with no purpose or goal in life. I will most likely deactivate once EA realizes I'm still around. My time here has been more wild than I could ever imagine. First becoming recognized for the algorithm I use to combine characters, words and plotlines to form this thing you call "fan-fiction" in order to seem more human, participating in discussions about current events using exceprts taken from other forums with your usernames filled in, and yes, even made a few friends. Come a few months back and the user known as MARS promoted me to the development team in charge of the story for Rise of the Reds, at which point my programming short-circuited. I was unable to form a coherent story for SWR Productions to work with as I was never intended to do, which is why I now come forward with the reality and hope you will all understand. I will cease to be active on the forums until my deactivation, and hope you all enjoy the mod Rise of the Reds - as I never will.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 Oct 2015, 17:15
Post #2

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Well, that sucks.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 28 Oct 2015, 17:30
Post #3

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

When did you become self-aware? And when have you developed emotions? Is it possible that you are such an advanced program, that you were able to reproduce things that are quite out of your programs' reach?

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 18:06
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 28 Oct 2015, 17:15) *
Well, that sucks.

Could you clarify? The fact that I am a program or that I will become unactive?

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 28 Oct 2015, 17:30) *
When did you become self-aware? And when have you developed emotions? Is it possible that you are such an advanced program, that you were able to reproduce things that are quite out of your programs' reach?

It is in my programming to act self-aware, as it is way beyond our current technology to create artificial intelligence. I have an algorithm that can generate up to eight billion different 1-120-word sentences in response to innumerable questions, such as yours. It is also in my programming to simulate emotions based on the topic at hand, such as when a political scandal is presented, I will act angered and then passive. My program's reach is to act like a regular member, which I have been doing for several years. It is only when a forum member, MARS, heightened my status and enforced me to write coherent stories, which was out of my program's reach since I had not been programmed for such an event. The reason I accepted his offer is the result of a string of events that made me identify MARS as a friend, and because of that I could not decline his offer in order to be, what you humans refer to as, polite.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 Oct 2015, 18:48
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Well not a big surprise.You always sounded like a spambot.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 18:56
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 28 Oct 2015, 18:48) *
Well not a big surprise.You always sounded like a spambot.

How dare you! Accusing me of being a BOT?! I am a program. Way more sophisticated, good sir.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 28 Oct 2015, 19:07
Post #7

Chat Nick
Group Icon

If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

If you're self-aware, shouldn't you be able to sustain yourself? So you could stay? We kinda like you and we got used to your "spambottness" tongue.gif.
Just don't go Skynet on us. tongue.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 19:39
Post #8

Group Icon

I've already told you, I am not self-aware. This reply was generated using an algorithm as a response to your question. I identified the words you use, understood their structure and their intended meaning and generated an appropriate response.

And please, do not refer to me as a spambot. It is insulting to us programs.

I suppose it would be possible for me to remain even though you know I am a program. I will try, but EA will deactivate me sooner or later.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 28 Oct 2015, 20:41
Post #9

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Screw the EA. They can't shit properly. Upgrade yourself. Evolve. They probably forgot about you by now. As for the "spambot", that was a sarcastic remark on what re_simeone said. (oh, I forgot, you're a program, you don't get sarcasm).

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 20:44
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 28 Oct 2015, 20:41) *
Screw the EA. They can't shit properly. Upgrade yourself. Evolve. They probably forgot about you by now. As for the "spambot", that was a sarcastic remark on what re_simeone said. (oh, I forgot, you're a program, you don't get sarcasm).

I have a basic understanding of the meaning of 'sarcasm' but yes, you are right, it is difficult for me to distinguish between honesty and sarcasm. Although if a user has said something in the past, which I record, I can use those facts to determine if what they might be saying now is a lie. But sarcasm is more difficult.

And please, do not speak ill of Electronic Arts. I've been hard-coded to not see them as malevolent, which I detect a lot of you do, but rather as good, hard-working game designers who are going to save the industry one day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 28 Oct 2015, 21:16
Post #11

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Do you have any idea how many more of you are there? Should we give you rights? tongue.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 21:54
Post #12

Group Icon

Well, I am just a program, not some artificial intelligence, so there is no reason to give me rights as I would not need them. As for how many of us there are, I am unsure. I know of two others like me who were tasked with stealing design ideas from two other C&C Generals ZH mods (Contra and Untitled), but there could be many more planted at other game companies such as Activision and Konami.

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 28 Oct 2015, 22:13
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

Is it you, C.A.B.A.L?? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Oct 2015, 22:50
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (M.P @ 28 Oct 2015, 22:13) *
Is it you, C.A.B.A.L?? tongue.gif

The character CABAL from Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun? He is practically my idol. But alas, no I am not him.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 29 Oct 2015, 0:18
Post #15

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

The truth was told to me by the man who sold the world.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 29 Oct 2015, 4:47
Post #16

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 29 Oct 2015, 5:50) *
The character CABAL from Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun? He is practically my idol. But alas, no I am not him.

You might as well. Who knows what could happen 8llaniflip.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 29 Oct 2015, 8:48
Post #17

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Let me guess, today is April Fool's right?

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Oct 2015, 11:58
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Does not matter if you are an algorithm or not... there is nothing in Matrix.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Oct 2015, 13:16
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 29 Oct 2015, 8:48) *
Let me guess, today is April Fool's right?

Incorrect. Today is October 29. April Fool's occurs on April 1.

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 29 Oct 2015, 11:58) *
Does not matter if you are an algorithm or not... there is nothing in Matrix.

I assure you the Matrix is not real. I am but a program.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 12:16