Reply to this topicStart new topic
World War Three, Interesting mockumentary
MARS
post 29 Jun 2012, 15:58
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

If you're in any way interested in Cold War military stories and alternate history, do check out this ten-part series.
It's a German mockumentary-style movie about a Cold War escalation from the late 90s pieced together from re-arranged footage and fake ROTR-style news segments.

Here's the English version in ten parts.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

German-speaking users may also want to check out our own version which comes with some alternate scenes, including news reports by ZDF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CoLT
post 17 Aug 2012, 14:02
Post #2

C&C:Reichsmarsch Mod Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9264

Sort of a late reply, but I just watched this start to finish. Very interesting. And thankfully it didn't happen that way.

Also sort of reminded me of World in Conflict.

--------------------

Visit our ModDB

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 18 Aug 2012, 6:01
Post #3

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Very nice watch indeed, enjoyable and glad it didn't actually happened.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 6 Sep 2012, 21:39
Post #4

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

That was an awesome "alternate history" type documentary. I always wanted to make one biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 1 Nov 2012, 7:19
Post #5

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Damn, i just watch it last week and now it's dead!!!!!!!!!! Faking copyrights.

Anyone still got the series?

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 1 Nov 2012, 7:19

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 1 Dec 2012, 22:26
Post #6

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Damn I missed my chance :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shredder
post 1 Jan 2013, 0:23
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9497

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 1 Nov 2012, 8:19) *
Anyone still got the series?

Please?

+Quote Post
Zvornik
post 5 Apr 2013, 16:21
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9886

QUOTE (Shredder @ 1 Jan 2013, 0:23) *
Please?

people dont help on these forums bro, its like a rule here aparently

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Apr 2013, 16:54
Post #9

Group Icon

Wrong. No answer does NOT mean 'nobody wants to help', it means 'nobody can help and merely saying that doesn't fix the problem'.

+Quote Post
Zvornik
post 7 Apr 2013, 8:56
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 5 Apr 2013, 17:54) *
Wrong. No answer does NOT mean 'nobody wants to help', it means 'nobody can help and merely saying that doesn't fix the problem'.

Wel I've seen a few dozen posts of people asking for simple help with minor modding related issues (eg. I asked for help with disabling the construction of superweapon buildings). And we all know that many members here are experienced enough to know how to do that, yet nobody is willing to take a minute to type up a paragraph. It's not like I'm asking somebody to tell me how to make an entire mod!

Of all the threads I've looked at in this entire forums, the ones with the fewest or no replies are the threads asking for help. Now I can't be mad at anybody for not wanting to help (any help is a privelage) but you can't say no answer means nobody CAN help, that's just not true. You can see this in every day life (like that video in China of a child hit by a car and hundreds of bystanders just walk by the clearly seriously injured kid laying on the street) not just on these forums.

Z

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Apr 2013, 9:04
Post #11

Group Icon

Not everyone on these forums reads absolutely every section/thread/post though. People like The_Hunter or Comr4de and the other blokes who actually know a thing about modding do not interact as much with the actual community as I do for example. However, that does not mean that they don't care; they're just busy working on the actual mod behind the scenes but I'm sure they would do their best to help you if you send them a personal message with a clear description of the problem/question instead of posting a general purpose thread that might go 'under the radar'. That'd be a better way to get modding advice at least, although that still doesn't help us with the issue that the videos are gone.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 7 Apr 2013, 18:11
Post #12

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Zvornik @ 7 Apr 2013, 15:56) *
...but you can't say no answer means nobody CAN help, that's just not true...

Depends on what you mean by "CAN help", if it's just based on skill then yeah a lot of people CAN help, but for example if I am checking the forums with my tablet, I often "can't" help because I don't have access to my files, it's slow, and it's ridiculously hard to type. If I see that the person is acting like a spoiled three year old, I "can't" and won't help, because I personally don't like helping dicks.

Perhaps if said person had waited patiently and showed some respect he would have gotten his help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zvornik
post 7 Apr 2013, 22:12
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 7 Apr 2013, 18:11) *
Depends on what you mean by "CAN help", if it's just based on skill then yeah a lot of people CAN help, but for example if I am checking the forums with my tablet, I often "can't" help because I don't have access to my files, it's slow, and it's ridiculously hard to type. If I see that the person is acting like a spoiled three year old, I "can't" and won't help, because I personally don't like helping dicks.

Perhaps if said person had waited patiently and showed some respect he would have gotten his help.

You must have been picked on a lot in school or something. Nowhere in any of my posts have I been a dick in any way. As a mater of fact if you compare our posts, you're the one being bitchy. Like I said any help is a privelage so I don't expect it. But I guess people can't even express their opinions here either. I'm not going to say anything anymore for I'm not here to argue with some internet tough guys

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 9:31