Kodiak becomes redundant in mid-late game
Knjaz.
post 9 May 2014, 14:47
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Kazan @ 9 May 2014, 16:30) *
It seems the Kodiak is virtually powerful since it defeats 1v1 any other MBT. This might win you a battle or two but you might probably loose the war against other faction, especially China, as the victory depends also on cost of production and that is where Kodiak lacks by far. It is VERY cost inefficient (as flagrantly opposed to reality! Anyways, you guys don't bother about that tongue.gif ). Not to mention the tier upgrades on both sides only further aggravates the situation for Kodiak! And this is another reason why the developers might want to reconsider revamping this thing up a bit.

It was somewhat revamped back in December or November 2013, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, that balance issue was, mostly, addressed.

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 9 May 2014, 16:25) *
Price wise,Kodiak price is absurd,no matter fact that RF is supposed to be expensive,1300 for MBT is too much,
<...>
No,since Overlord is not a MBT.

Kodiak is an MBT (main battle tank), but it's not a medium tank. It's in Paladin class actually, design wise - it's a Heavy tank.
So, I wouldn't say 1300 is too much for a Heavy. Just, in this particular case Cost-efficiency got screwed.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 9 May 2014, 14:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 9 May 2014, 16:09
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10272

And I thought we all agreed that battlemaster is the best basic tank unit in the entire game.
well. kodiak looks pretty impressive on the stats, but has no particular way to exploit its advantage. and it's expensiveness is it's biggest weakness.
I haven't seen much action of a 1.85 golem, I can tell you how I like it in 1.802:neither it's damage nor armour is proportional to it's price, it has this pretty lame amphibious ability which you don't use most of the time. it feels like a basic tank on steroids, but the price is much worse than even a kodiak, in fact. almost 2

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 9 May 2014, 16:53
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 10323

QUOTE (Jam Hacker @ 9 May 2014, 20:39) *
And I thought we all agreed that battlemaster is the best basic tank unit in the entire game.
well. kodiak looks pretty impressive on the stats, but has no particular way to exploit its advantage. and it's expensiveness is it's biggest weakness.
I haven't seen much action of a 1.85 golem, I can tell you how I like it in 1.802:neither it's damage nor armour is proportional to it's price, it has this pretty lame amphibious ability which you don't use most of the time. it feels like a basic tank on steroids, but the price is much worse than even a kodiak, in fact. almost 2

That's so very true, buddy!

+Quote Post
gsprn
post 9 May 2014, 21:13
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 10429

I think kodiak should have a longer range, like leopard.

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 9 May 2014, 21:29
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (Jam Hacker @ 9 May 2014, 8:09) *

I always thought the BMP is the actual basic tank, at least I spammed far more BMPs against AI USAs.
Golem felt like a meatshield for Tunguskas.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 10 May 2014, 10:30
Post #31

Group Icon

QUOTE (teslashark @ 9 May 2014, 21:29) *
I always thought the BMP is the actual basic tank, at least I spammed far more BMPs against AI USAs.
Golem felt like a meatshield for Tunguskas.

BMP and tunguska are much more capable compare to other faction's tier zero vehicles, but the way golem is in 1.802 leads me to think that golem is an intermediate tank of Jagdmammut's caliber(which probably is the case) except ECA kinda expect Jagdmammut to play part of the Superheavy role by arming it with a twin gun, since there is only one manticore. and Golem to kodiak is kinda like battlemaster to hopper. the difference is Russia is on the higher end, in another word, golem doesn't feel like anything in the sentinel-overlord's superheavy class, i don't know what major change had been made with respect to golem's HP and damage output, but i defintly dislike the shock division general using the one in 1.802 to replace sentinel. because that way you'll get only a superclass basic tank which lack the weight to accomplish anything that you would otherwise call for a sentinel or overlord for.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 10 May 2014, 12:07
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Jam Hacker @ 9 May 2014, 18:09) *

They got Shtora in 1.85, as you could see in the Streams.
As for their overall combat efficiency to size ratio (Shtora effects excluded), don't expect changes until 2.0.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 10 May 2014, 12:11

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 10 May 2014, 13:18
Post #33

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

QUOTE (BliTTzZ @ 9 May 2014, 8:15) *
1300 credits tank against 700 credits tanks?
Oh, and by the way, when they both fully upgraded and BM gets propaganda from somewhere, it annihilates Kodiak. Just ONE BM. Cost effective?

Using your logic, I could say that 1 Kodiak can get support from a RPG trooper or 2, and it annihilates Battlemaster. Just ONE Kodiak.

But, yeah, Kodiak is not cost effective at all in 1.802. I find myself lacking funds after Kodiak production kicks in, for a tank that is very easily outnumbered. Only mass production stops that and all of those other relevant upgrades.

This post has been edited by Karpet: 10 May 2014, 13:20

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 10 May 2014, 15:55
Post #34

Group Icon

QUOTE (Karpet @ 10 May 2014, 13:18) *
Using your logic, I could say that 1 Kodiak can get support from a RPG trooper or 2, and it annihilates Battlemaster. Just ONE Kodiak.

But, yeah, Kodiak is not cost effective at all in 1.802. I find myself lacking funds after Kodiak production kicks in, for a tank that is very easily outnumbered. Only mass production stops that and all of those other relevant upgrades.

don't think kodiak need a RPG to overpower a battlemaster though. but how much is a battlemaster+ a speaker tower? well it's worth a kodiak + a conscript as in 1.802, assume he doesn't get run over, BM+speaker tower still sounds better to me though.

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 10 May 2014, 15:56
Post #35

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 10 May 2014, 16:37) *
They got Shtora in 1.85, as you could see in the Streams.
As for their overall combat efficiency to size ratio (Shtora effects excluded), don't expect changes until 2.0.

Now what is this Shtora ? huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 10 May 2014, 16:42
Post #36

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

"LOOK INTO MY EYES" basically.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 10 May 2014, 21:50
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (☯ Dylan @ 10 May 2014, 10:56) *
Now what is this Shtora ? huh.gif

The system that makes it untargetable (directly) for a short time. Which can really turn the tide of a battle, like using smoke grenades to distract defenses.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 10 May 2014, 23:35
Post #38

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

So now survivability is a Russian mechanic now.. just implemented a different way:

USA: Pilot (Veterancy Transfer), Repair Drones, PDLs, Countermeasures
Russian: Shtora, ARENA, Armour

That is a definite change in faction doctrine. Can't wait to see how it is played in our hands.

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 11 May 2014, 2:26
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 10 May 2014, 18:35) *
So now survivability is a Russian mechanic now.. just implemented a different way:

USA: Pilot (Veterancy Transfer), Repair Drones, PDLs, Countermeasures
Russian: Shtora, ARENA, Armour

That is a definite change in faction doctrine. Can't wait to see how it is played in our hands.

To be honest, every faction has some sort of survivability mechanic going on. China has propaganda + ECM, GLA has junk repair, tunnels, + stealth, and ECA has the Engineers and Combat Medics.

+Quote Post
The General
post 11 May 2014, 13:58
Post #40

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

Now USA does have too many advantages on the ground for a high-tech airforce faction.
I also think that the main problem with curren Kodiak is the price.

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 11 May 2014, 14:03
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

QUOTE (The General @ 11 May 2014, 13:58) *
Now USA does have too many advantages on the ground for a high-tech airforce faction.
I also think that the main problem with curren Kodiak is the price.

USA is supposed to be the decent at everything faction.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
The General
post 11 May 2014, 15:02
Post #42

Group Icon

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 11 May 2014, 15:03) *
USA is supposed to be the decent at everything faction.

Now that's kinda unfair, don't you think?

Here's my list starting from the faction with biggest advantage to the faction with the less advantage:

USA is a high-teck faction with the most advanced air force and decent at everything.
ECA is a turtle faction with the best defense, but expensive units.
China is a mass production faction, not realy best at anything but with the strenght in numbers.
Russia is a steamroller, but with expensive units that are good only in big numbers.
GLA is a guerrilla faction, not realy best at anything.

--------------------
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 11 May 2014, 16:35
Post #43

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (The General @ 11 May 2014, 10:02) *
Now that's kinda unfair, don't you think?

No. A Jack of all Trades is a master of none.

USA needs a LOT of micromanagement to be a master balanced faction, which balances them immensely. China doesn't need any Micromanagement at all really unless you want to be sneaky. GLA needs some micromanagement, but not as much as USA. Russia doesn't need micromanagement, but needs a good macromanagement. And the ECA just needs macromanagement with some micromanagement.

QUOTE (The General @ 11 May 2014, 10:02) *
USA is a high-teck faction with the most advanced air force and decent at everything.
ECA is a turtle faction with the best defense, but expensive units.
China is a mass production faction, not realy best at anything but with the strenght in numbers.
Russia is a steamroller, but with expensive units that are good only in big numbers.
GLA is a guerrilla faction, not realy best at anything.

There are severe problems with this list.

USA is decent at everything, yes. See above for why this is balanced.
ECA, pretty much right. But Defences can't be moved easily.
China, strength in numbers, AND special weapons, AND a good economy. That is pretty powerful.
Russia, Late game. Once late game is reached, they become excellent. They really do not need Micromanagement either.
GLA, is best in sneaky tactics. In one moment, nothing is going on. However, the next thing, you see entire cloaked armies sneaking past defences, Mob and Rebel ambushes destroying power plants, and a sneak attack sending an entire force behind the base. That is a huge advantage if you ask me.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 11 May 2014, 16:40

+Quote Post
The General
post 12 May 2014, 13:39
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 11 May 2014, 17:35) *
No. A Jack of all Trades is a master of none.

USA needs a LOT of micromanagement to be a master balanced faction, which balances them immensely. China doesn't need any Micromanagement at all really unless you want to be sneaky. GLA needs some micromanagement, but not as much as USA. Russia doesn't need micromanagement, but needs a good macromanagement. And the ECA just needs macromanagement with some micromanagement.

There are severe problems with this list.

USA is decent at everything, yes. See above for why this is balanced.
ECA, pretty much right. But Defences can't be moved easily.
China, strength in numbers, AND special weapons, AND a good economy. That is pretty powerful.
Russia, Late game. Once late game is reached, they become excellent. They really do not need Micromanagement either.
GLA, is best in sneaky tactics. In one moment, nothing is going on. However, the next thing, you see entire cloaked armies sneaking past defences, Mob and Rebel ambushes destroying power plants, and a sneak attack sending an entire force behind the base. That is a huge advantage if you ask me.

I dissagree, but let's not shift the topic.

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 17:25