IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

I'll be back once you add windowed mode for origin version.
Brobtnik
post 22 Nov 2018, 16:57
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11394

Seriously, not having windowed mode is backwards and stone age in todays gaming world. Being able to do other things without having to close a game on the same machine is a key strength of PC.
Knowing that, it's absolutely absurd that windowed mode is not available on the Origin version. Currently, the only way to achieve this is to start the game normally, close it, then launch it via the origin launcher which will then launch the game in ROTR with whatever command lines you entered into Origin active, including windowed and resolution. However, since switching between 1.86 and the public 1.87 build borks one or both, this means that this method will work for one but never for the other, since the only way to prevent said borkage seem to be to keep 1.86 and 1.87 on separate directories, meaning only one can launch from the origin launcher with command lines working while the other can't.
All this neatly circles back into the fact that windowed origin support is sorely needed. I mean, what version do you think people are more likely to have in this day and age, hmmm?

So yeah, if you can actually fix it then go fix it dammit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
X1Destroy
post 22 Nov 2018, 18:14
Post #2

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

You can just ignore the launcher entirely. Rename the .gib files to .big, delete or move the scripts folder in data to somewhere else. Then launch ZH normally.

People hate the origin version for a reason, and there are plenty of ways to get either the original or TFD ones.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 22 Nov 2018, 18:14

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 22 Nov 2018, 19:04
Post #3

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Use a torrent biggrin.gif

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 23 Nov 2018, 6:04
Post #4

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Oh no! ROTR won't work in the unnecessarily complicated way I am using it. Based on my limited to non-existent information of ZH and modding, this is definitely the devs fault! Instead of researching more about the topic, and probably fixing my problem, I'm just gonna bitch and whine till somebody gives me a lollipop. Oh, why is life so hard?

This post has been edited by Zeke: 23 Nov 2018, 6:04

--------------------

+Quote Post
NikCaputnic
post 23 Nov 2018, 17:30
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 12315

QUOTE (Brobtnik @ 22 Nov 2018, 18:57) *
So yeah, if you can actually fix it then go fix it dammit.

Or else what?

Besides, don't you think that if it still hasn't been done, there must be a reason for that?

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 23 Nov 2018, 19:36
Post #6

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

You have mentioned that problems only came when using 1.87. This version is currently in beta testing, with ALL the good and bad things it implies. Including bugs. This is clearly a problem, I can understand that. If possible, it will be addressed.

Now, 2 things.
First, you knew by taking a beta version that it may be unstable and that it may interfere with the normal way of working of ROTR 1.86, or even ZH. You have been informed of that on the Download links post. The disclaimer is clearly visible and understandable. If you did not read it, it is your problem.
Which leads me to my second point. The fact that there is a bug is more than possible in beta stage. However, there is a way of asking for this, and that way involves politeness and respect. So, either you fix your language and your manners, or I will do it for you. Consider this to be the first (and last) warning without sanction.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Brobtnik
post 1 Dec 2018, 1:10
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 11394

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 23 Nov 2018, 19:36) *
You have mentioned that problems only came when using 1.87. This version is currently in beta testing, with ALL the good and bad things it implies. Including bugs. This is clearly a problem, I can understand that. If possible, it will be addressed.

Now, 2 things.
First, you knew by taking a beta version that it may be unstable and that it may interfere with the normal way of working of ROTR 1.86, or even ZH. You have been informed of that on the Download links post. The disclaimer is clearly visible and understandable. If you did not read it, it is your problem.
Which leads me to my second point. The fact that there is a bug is more than possible in beta stage. However, there is a way of asking for this, and that way involves politeness and respect. So, either you fix your language and your manners, or I will do it for you. Consider this to be the first (and last) warning without sanction.

jfc lol. Okay then, how does one play both versions in windowed mode without at least one of them dying?
The thing with renaming and moving files to ignore the launcher doesn't sound like it'd work for both.
For reals tho, why is there no windowed support for Origin version?

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 1 Dec 2018, 11:42
Post #8

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (Brobtnik @ 1 Dec 2018, 1:10) *
jfc lol. Okay then, how does one play both versions in windowed mode without at least one of them dying?
The thing with renaming and moving files to ignore the launcher doesn't sound like it'd work for both.

Indeed it wouldn't. What you could do is duplicate your Zero Hour folder. Have one copy with 1.86 with renamed files, and one with 1.87 with renamed files.
It is highly recommended by every modder to have a separate copy for each mod/version of each mod. Zeke did a good tutorial to explain in detail how it works: here

For reals tho, why is there no windowed support for Origin version?

Blame EA. Shitty coding. We are having workarounds, but since the beta is still, well a beta, not all the bugs have been reported.
You are apparently the only person who tries to run Origin version in windowed mode. The bug has been noted, and as I previously stated, we will do our best to fix it in future versions.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 2 Dec 2018, 4:46
Post #9

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

Since i installed rotr around moddb and here on forum i read people asking for origin version of rotr etc.
Whats the difference to play rotr in origin version or simply having launcher on desktop. i mean i always played with icon on desktop.
Saying that in the launcher there is windowed mode also which can help you to launch game in windowed mode.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 14:14