Question for Modding Team, Multiplayer Lag, FPS Drop
Tphobious
post 29 Jan 2018, 21:35
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 16672

Hello Gentlemen,

First off, wanna say, absolutely love this mod! Have kept an eye on it since before it was released and have enjoyed seeing it become more and more of what generals should've been. I have 2 other friends who I have attempted to play with online. There have been a couple of instances where we could play with little issue. As of recently however, we have noticed a massive FPS drop and lag over time in a Multiplayer game. I'm not sure if this has anything in particular with it but we are using C and C online with the Gentool for multiplayer and with the amount of testing that we have done I want to believe that it's a combination of server ping and communication along with the speed of the clients playing. I wanted to know if you had any insight regarding this or if SWR.net would perform better for our situation? If you need any more information to assist I'm happy to provide whatever you need. We are running on 1.86 primarily with 1.87 being tested on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tphobious
post 29 Jan 2018, 23:28
Post #2

Group Icon

Sorry, needs further clarification. We are playing with the AI, it's starts fine regarding FPS but overtime as more units are out and the AI actually starts to maneuver is where we start to experience the severe FPS drop and lag.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 30 Jan 2018, 3:25
Post #3

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

AI lags....thats just how thing are.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Tphobious
post 30 Jan 2018, 5:46
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 30 Jan 2018, 3:25) *
AI lags....thats just how thing are.

Well I can't argue against that.... sigh.... Would you say though that multiplayer stability is better with your servers at SWR.net or with C&C Online? I've been testing the hell out of this mod in the hopes of getting a fully complete 3v3 game.

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 30 Jan 2018, 10:41
Post #5

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

The game is ancient by today's standards, If you wish to increase stability you have to remove the AI from the equation.

Whether you are using SWR.net or C&C Online, doesn't really matter.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 1:05