post 9 May 2014, 7:47
Post #51

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Admiral FCS @ 9 May 2014, 1:45) *
How did your solar panels NOT burn up in Eve?

I would love to take screenshots if not for the fact that I'm too lazy to register for a image hosting file AND a lack of content ani8b.gif Might get some up after I finish this semester and go home with my crappy laptop though 8I.gif

They did since that was my first attempt, also the same one when the lander crashed (not explody death but dismantled) so I loaded and the screenie I showed was the successful one. Lots of my screens are from an array of attempts of the same landing, I just picked the most interesting looking ones. Now it's time for bed, that was 3 edits of this post because I can't articulate words while sleep deprived. Even noticed one of my screenshots was one from my manned Duna mission, will add those later today, I can't brain no more.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 9 May 2014, 13:10
Post #52

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9986

Can someone please help me on Orbiting and Maneuvering, i tried everything i can on YouTube and i just can't do it, it always go wrong.

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 9 May 2014, 13:52
Post #53

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

QUOTE (Admiral FCS @ 8 May 2014, 23:45) *
How did your solar panels NOT burn up in Eve?

I would love to take screenshots if not for the fact that I'm too lazy to register for a image hosting file AND a lack of content ani8b.gif Might get some up after I finish this semester and go home with my crappy laptop though 8I.gif

No register needed.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rade
post 9 May 2014, 14:17
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Comr4de thanks for the heads up on this game, its really been a long time since the last time I've played a game thats so addicting, interesting and challenging to play.

Anyways here is a link to the album showing me getting this monster rover to the Mun. Originally I was planing to send only one rover but then I realized that I didn't have the tech for that 6 way connector thingy so I had to improvise a little tongue.gif in order to be able to attach the rover to the rocket. Also latter on I'm going to attempt to attach one of the rovers to the lander and then bring back it to the Kerbin

here it is on the launch platform getting ready for launch

in low orbit around the Mun, getting ready for landing

finally managed to land this thing after few attempts and I've only brake a single wheel, but the problem is that I've landed in the huge east Mun crater so it gonna take forever to get out of there even with the rovers

detaching the lander from the rovers

and finally we're off to collect some science

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 9 May 2014, 16:31
Post #55

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

was it hard to get that rocket into orbit ?

It looks pretty unstable =o

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rade
post 9 May 2014, 17:16
Post #56

Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Actually getting in space was relatively easy, I had bunch of those little RCS thrusters to help with controlling the rocket. Problem is that once it starts to spin in one direction its quite hard to slow it down and stop it once you've managed to set it on proper course. Also for some reason I forgot to attach the bigger fuel tanks for the mono-propellant so I had to be somewhat conservative with the usage of the RCS.

Only other issue was that I forgot to add those small rockets which help to help to direct the detached stages away from the main rocket. But I've avoided problems with that simply by making sure that the main rocket didn't rotate at the time the stages where detaching.

Also whats interesting is that before I started to deorbit the lander I still had about 50% fuel left in the stage that was bellow the lander, so I think that thing could reach much further than the Mun.

One problem with the rover is that its got quite low traction on the surface, I had to move it sideways to in order get it up some steeper hills. Now I wish I didn't empty those fuel tanks I used for the wheel supports before the launch.

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 9 May 2014, 17:47
Post #57

Anime Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Thelord444 @ 9 May 2014, 5:10) *
Can someone please help me on Orbiting and Maneuvering, i tried everything i can on YouTube and i just can't do it, it always go wrong.

The most essential thing to remember is that whatever you do on the orbit affects the other side of it.

I think the orbital maneuvering tutorial that comes with the game should be pretty helpful; you just need to know how the navball works.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 10 May 2014, 13:10
Post #58

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

How do you make walkways in this game? Can kerbals walk on the girders or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 10 May 2014, 14:45
Post #59

Group Icon

^ your best bet would be to make scafoldings and laders they can climb across.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 10 May 2014, 17:06
Post #60

Group Icon

Member No.: 9942

After messing up the return of Tranquility Base, I made a comeback to the moon and made Tranquility Base II.

^Me, floating around on my way to Mun.

My Titan I, although not really accurate historically. Never made it to Mun, but I hope Bill Kerman enjoys orbiting the sun.

My Titan II, made it to Mun, overall 4-stager, excluding landing stage.

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 13 May 2014, 6:46
Post #61

Anime Addict
Group Icon

Unlocking Heavy Rocketry did help quite a bit... especially when you use heavy rockets to send small ships to the Mun.

Them improvised landing legs. They actually worked quite fine, and since the steel truss was able to handle up to 80m/s I could've been slightly less generous with the rocket.

EDIT: Made a mobile lab and a skycrane today... have yet to land it, but I hope it goes well.

It is somewhat hilarious to see a wheeled vehicle in space, but it does help to keep the perspectives.

You will never have too many struts I8.gif

ISN'T SHE BEAUTIFUL

Right now I only have Goo, temperature and barometer on this baby, but you know what that hub is for don't you 8I.gif

This post has been edited by Admiral FCS: 14 May 2014, 2:06

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 2 Jun 2014, 16:24
Post #62

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Guys, what do ya think about using an autopilot mod?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 3 Jun 2014, 2:08
Post #63

Anime Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 2 Jun 2014, 8:24) *

I think that MechJeb (and the like) are good for a real-time "tutorial" for interplanetary transfer or maybe used to test a new rocket's payload capability for entering a standard orbit, but I don't use them. It's not "cheating", per say, but it does take away some of the fun element, read exploding rockets, away from the game. Docking with MechJeb is also fussy at best; it can be done manually without much difficulty, it just takes patience and a fair bit of RCS.

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 3 Jun 2014, 7:51
Post #64

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 2 Jun 2014, 23:24) *

For ease, yes.

However, does MechJeb have compatibility with other mods, specifically Ferrum Aerospace?

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 3 Jun 2014, 8:05
Post #65

Anime Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Knossos @ 2 Jun 2014, 23:51) *
For ease, yes.

However, does MechJeb have compatibility with other mods, specifically Ferrum Aerospace?

From what I remember, FAR doesn't affect rockets nearly as much as aircrafts, so it shouldn't be a problem unless your rocket is a giant asparagus-staging rocket or have a payload that is obviously not aerodynamic at all. As for spaceplanes, they require a fine precision in controlling altitude and thrust, something that I suspect MechJeb isn't capable of handling yet.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 3 Jun 2014, 12:28
Post #66

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Personally, it's because I'm more interested in making the rockets than flying them.

Especially for mun landings where it's just............I have the engine power to reach the mun, I just don't have the patience or common sense to set up an orbit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 3 Jun 2014, 14:06
Post #67

Group Icon

I personaly enjoy just sending landers and bases up to both the Mun and Minmus and occasionaly sending supply rockets with new fuel tankers and recovery rockets (with grabbers) to recover obsolete structures and empty fuel tanks.

the fuel tanks i use to refuel my landers on the Moons incase you wondered smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knossos
post 3 Jun 2014, 15:08
Post #68

Group Icon

QUOTE (Admiral FCS @ 3 Jun 2014, 15:05) *
From what I remember, FAR doesn't affect rockets nearly as much as aircrafts, so it shouldn't be a problem unless your rocket is a giant asparagus-staging rocket or have a payload that is obviously not aerodynamic at all. As for spaceplanes, they require a fine precision in controlling altitude and thrust, something that I suspect MechJeb isn't capable of handling yet.

With FAR, you couldn't launch stock Z-MAP Sat, as far as I have seen it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 4 Jun 2014, 19:01
Post #69

Anime Addict
Group Icon

QUOTE (Knossos @ 3 Jun 2014, 7:08) *
With FAR, you couldn't launch stock Z-MAP Sat, as far as I have seen it.

...which does have an aerodynamically unsound object as the payload, does it not?

It'd need fairings, and as far as I remember, most major rocket part packs such as KW are compatible with FAR. Double check though. Or, you could use B9 parts to build a spaceplane and send it up that way 8Ip.png

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 5 Jun 2014, 3:15
Post #70

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Get this.........Cutting end research into the color of grass and how certain materials react to being in a grassland has allowed be to squeeze through and unlock bigger rockets.

Ahhh KSP, you and your brilliant take on the scientific method.

Remind me to rename all the Astronauts "Cosmonauts".

This got me more research points than buzzing the moon, and taking a cross-continental trip through the upper atmosphere in my lander.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 5 Jun 2014, 3:17

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 2 Jul 2014, 18:24
Post #71

Group Icon

Been trying to get to Jool as of recent but quickly learned that getting there takes up alot of fuel so i couldn't make a landing without returning home.
As a result i started building the largest thing have made thusfar:

All those orange tubes are fuel tanks so this is essentialy a gas station for rockets.
Once i get enough up there and i'm satisfied with it i will dock a larger rocket on there to travel to the Jool system and do my research there smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 2 Jul 2014, 19:52
Post #72

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 2 Jul 2014, 19:24) *
Been trying to get to Jool as of recent but quickly learned that getting there takes up alot of fuel so i couldn't make a landing without returning home.
As a result i started building the largest thing have made thusfar:

All those orange tubes are fuel tanks so this is essentialy a gas station for rockets.
Once i get enough up there and i'm satisfied with it i will dock a larger rocket on there to travel to the Jool system and do my research there smile.gif

My missions to jool and other planets normally end with all my brave astronauts death or MIA in an outter planet mindfuck.gif

Anyway good luck with that rocket, it is possible that it would be really laggy (i hate that when you put many parts the rocket become a lag generator)

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 2 Jul 2014, 20:26
Post #73

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

I don't understand... What is it that makes this game so popular? A spaceship simulator? Custom spaceship simulator? That's cool and all, but... does it have LASERS? A sci-fi game without lasers is like a hamburger without meat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 2 Jul 2014, 20:30
Post #74

Group Icon

^ its fun because its not a dumb game and you have to create everything yourself.

Its fairly realistic in terms of physics and while you do not have to be a rocket scienetist to play this you certainly have to have abit of patience and a general understanding of physics on when your making a rocket or jet.
If you don't get things setup right the entire thing might just explode before it even leaves the launch pad or it starts spinning out of controll and tears it's self appart

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 2 Jul 2014, 20:41
Post #75

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Hmm, that's cool... I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 2:57