Reply to this topicStart new topic
Editing the Super Weapons
StormWind
post 7 Mar 2014, 23:16
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10335

Hi. I'm new here, and I'd like to say that Shockwave is the best game mod I've ever seen! Congratulations!
Now, to the point: I've been trying to disable the super weapons somehow (changing their price, reload time) so that battles are only based on strategy with units, but with no success so far. So, I'm here asking you for some help on this matter.
Maybe a tutorial (short and simple) explaining how to properly edit the INIZH.big file (if this is the right file to edit), or maybe extract the .ini files and edit them. I don't know.
I've tried a few things, but the game never lauches (a "serious error" occurs). Thanks in advance.

StormWind

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 7 Mar 2014, 23:51
Post #2

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

Hello and welcome aboard! smile.gif

The first thing you should keep in mind about superweapons is that they are designed to end games that are just taking too long and too annoying to finish. For instance - they allow you to screw up that annoying opponent that has been turtling for over one hour and ruined all your attempts at breaking into his base.

However, if you are making a mision or your wish is a small but tactical map where only skill should matter - it's easy to remove them. You don't need to edit the INI files, while that is also an option, the game will desync (mismatch error) if you play with people who don't have the same edited files.

So here is the way to go: Load your map in worldbuilder and open the scripts tab. In the neutral folder create a new script and a window with some options will show up. Click on the Actions if True tab and click New. Expand the Scripting category. Look for the Remove a command button from an object type command. This removes a button from an object of your choosing.

So for example if you want to remove the nuke silo from china's dozer, it'll look like this:
IF
True.
THEN
Command button: 'Command_ConstructChinaNuclearMissileLauncher' is removed from all objects of type 'ChinaVehicleDozer'.

Obviously you'll have to do this for all 15 factions if you wish to completely remove all superweapons. Don't forget that Shockwave's new factions have different superweapons and Airforce general can also build a particle cannon with a skycrane.

This post has been edited by XAttus: 7 Mar 2014, 23:54

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 8 Mar 2014, 9:07
Post #3

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

You should also remember that many Chinese Upgrades like Nuclear Engines, etc can only be purchased from the Nuclear Missile. If you remove Superweapons, you might have to move the respective upgrades to the Propaganda Center.

This post has been edited by Dylan: 8 Mar 2014, 9:08

--------------------

+Quote Post
StormWind
post 11 Apr 2014, 12:30
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10335

QUOTE (XAttus @ 8 Mar 2014, 0:51) *
Hello and welcome aboard! smile.gif

The first thing you should keep in mind about superweapons is that they are designed to end games that are just taking too long and too annoying to finish. For instance - they allow you to screw up that annoying opponent that has been turtling for over one hour and ruined all your attempts at breaking into his base.

However, if you are making a mision or your wish is a small but tactical map where only skill should matter - it's easy to remove them. You don't need to edit the INI files, while that is also an option, the game will desync (mismatch error) if you play with people who don't have the same edited files.

So here is the way to go: Load your map in worldbuilder and open the scripts tab. In the neutral folder create a new script and a window with some options will show up. Click on the Actions if True tab and click New. Expand the Scripting category. Look for the Remove a command button from an object type command. This removes a button from an object of your choosing.

So for example if you want to remove the nuke silo from china's dozer, it'll look like this:
IF
True.
THEN
Command button: 'Command_ConstructChinaNuclearMissileLauncher' is removed from all objects of type 'ChinaVehicleDozer'.

Obviously you'll have to do this for all 15 factions if you wish to completely remove all superweapons. Don't forget that Shockwave's new factions have different superweapons and Airforce general can also build a particle cannon with a skycrane.

Thanks for your reply.

I managed to solve this problem by increasing the ReloadTime of the superweapons. Now it takes them 3 hours to be ready to be used. It's long enough for a good battle, and it doesn't create the "nuke silo upgrades" problem.

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 11 Apr 2014, 15:11
Post #5

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

Not the most clever solution but yea it works. xD

Increasing the reload time takes pretty much the same effort as deleting and moving a few command buttons.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 2:51