Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 17 Oct 2016, 3:31
Post #52

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12935

USA is getting a new shenanigan building.
Frosty returns with a vengeance.

Yes, he does say everyone's favorite convoy truck line before you suicide with the button.
NEEEHAHAHAHAHA.

In much less exciting news, adding some sort of bad demo trap for stealth general. Think of one of those civilian barrels that explode, now make it very cheap, almost instant to build, and some more damage.

--------------------
Shockwave "Good" Balance Mod:
ModDB Page
Latest date: October 3rd, 2017
Update 15 includes a life worth living.

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 18 Oct 2016, 2:26
Post #53

Group Icon

I had a mental breakthrough at work today. Ditched the barrel idea, modified the demo trap instead.
I forgot there was a 128 upgrade limit. Shame on me, so I removed the useless/overlap ones like control rods.

Since stealth general is stealthy stealth, I assume he sent spies to steal technology or something.
Demo traps can receive one of three different upgrades:

I did science with firing when dead. I feel smart.
Still need to tweak it a bit since the PreAttackDelay doesn't seem to work on firing the weapon that makes the OCL.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 18 Oct 2016, 2:48
Post #54

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

quite like that one with the demo traps

--------------------

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 18 Oct 2016, 7:25
Post #55

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

You might need to adjust the USA AI a bit since they might be low power as you removed the control rods variants

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 18 Oct 2016, 18:16
Post #56

Group Icon

QUOTE (GDIZOCOM @ 18 Oct 2016, 2:25) *
You might need to adjust the USA AI a bit since they might be low power as you removed the control rods variants

There were three different control rods upgrades in upgrade.ini. Since lazer and superweapon use red and blue control rod pictures (and the text is a bit different). I just set those to the normal control rods button and changed the power plants to benefit from the upgrade. The power bonuses are unchanged. The only thing changed is that the button text says 100% more power for superweapon and lazer, which is a lie.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 18 Oct 2016, 23:29
Post #57

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (ComradeGeneral @ 19 Oct 2016, 1:16) *
There were three different control rods upgrades in upgrade.ini. Since lazer and superweapon use red and blue control rod pictures (and the text is a bit different). I just set those to the normal control rods button and changed the power plants to benefit from the upgrade. The power bonuses are unchanged. The only thing changed is that the button text says 100% more power for superweapon and lazer, which is a lie.

"You'll get more power, the number, I'm not sure about, BUT GO ON, BUY ME ANYWAY"

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 19 Oct 2016, 22:43
Post #58

Group Icon

New junk and version in sig for those that enjoy this kind of nonsense.
Various stuffs include:
All of the aforementioned crap
Spec Ops Spec infantry. Red Guard and Tank Hunters get a special forces upgrade. Since its the special stuff general or something.
Removed the stealth dozer upgrade and combined it into the stealth comanche upgrade (The gosh darn 128 upgrade limit, need to combine crap). Moved the stealth comanche upgrade to the strat center. Calm your face, it got buffed. It applies to King Raptors now as well. Yep, stealth king raptors, hilarious.
Changed the Control Rods upgrade description...

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 20 Oct 2016, 17:12
Post #59

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

More ideas again:

- Give Snipers a 2k Upgrade for High Explosive (HE) Rounds, which slows down their fire rate by 50%, removes their stealth on attack and is able to target tanks/buildings. Doesnt work well against infantry however (make the upgrade like Spec Ops was done). Infantry Missile Damage can work.

- Battering Ram. Tough, strong unit that has melee attack that deals crazy amounts of damage when close, but is really slow (would think of Special Weapon's Anvil for this role). Bonus points if it has an attack animation, doesn't even need to face it's target like the Anvil smashing the ground forward.

- Give Hackers the ability to place EMP charges if possible (Super Hacker doesn't need this nor Nuke Hacker).

- Make Superweapon's Infantry Armour Upgrade an Exoskeleton Upgrade that gives all their infantry 25% speed bonus and 10% faster Rate of Fire (alongside the original HP/Armor bonus it gives, and lock it behind Strategy Center and make it 2-3k with a 60-120 second buildtime). Try to make sure that it doesn't affect Armor Gen since he has the upgrade by default if I recall.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 20 Oct 2016, 17:26

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 26 Oct 2016, 23:07
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE (Marakar @ 20 Oct 2016, 12:12) *
More ideas again:

- Give Snipers a 2k Upgrade for High Explosive (HE) Rounds, which slows down their fire rate by 50%, removes their stealth on attack and is able to target tanks/buildings. Doesnt work well against infantry however (make the upgrade like Spec Ops was done). Infantry Missile Damage can work.

- Battering Ram. Tough, strong unit that has melee attack that deals crazy amounts of damage when close, but is really slow (would think of Special Weapon's Anvil for this role). Bonus points if it has an attack animation, doesn't even need to face it's target like the Anvil smashing the ground forward.

- Give Hackers the ability to place EMP charges if possible (Super Hacker doesn't need this nor Nuke Hacker).

- Make Superweapon's Infantry Armour Upgrade an Exoskeleton Upgrade that gives all their infantry 25% speed bonus and 10% faster Rate of Fire (alongside the original HP/Armor bonus it gives, and lock it behind Strategy Center and make it 2-3k with a 60-120 second buildtime). Try to make sure that it doesn't affect Armor Gen since he has the upgrade by default if I recall.

Actually, when pathfinders get vet 3 they basically get an automatic rifle that can damage vehicles and structures already.

Battering ram, just gonna be real with you, I have no idea.

Vanilla Hackers get an EMP bomb to plant.

As far as the exoskeleton upgrade goes... well. I changed it to something a bit stupider it seems. It works, it works, but uh... Let's just say it doesn't always work.
I changed the idea a bit, all Superweapon infantry, except burton, get a suicide button and "should" create an exosuit with the proper infantry unit inside (there's no evac button on these exosuits so you can't cheese it. Let's just say they become robots). But what happens almost 50% of the time, is that the infantry unit just dies. It's uh, its risk reward we'll say. Yes, risk reward.

Added Guard Without Pursuit to some artillery units.
Tomahawks can engage air targets because why not.

In other news, I removed the waypoint tomahawk upgrade because I don't respect it, but instead I added something kind of wonky. It's a missile interception upgrade. It gives Vanilla Tomahawk's a secondary weapon to switch to, which can only fire on incoming infantry or ballistic missiles. The missile is super fast as well. To restrict the targeting I added FALLING = 0% to all armor that isn't a missile. Basically the interception missile does Falling damage to ballistic and infantry missiles. It's... I dunno man, someone more skilled than me could probably get it to be useful. You CAN intercept a nuclear Topol missile though, which is the entire purpose of the upgrade (I have no idea what happens). Never actually did it though... since the topol always landed on or within min. firing range of the Tomahawk.

Still need to rework some stuff, should have a new "perfect" balance download tomorrow.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 28 Oct 2016, 1:09
Post #61

Group Icon

Perfect balance.
Players that are actually good should be able to use the tomahawk upgrade.
Changed the minimum firing range on it to 10.

ExoSuits that sometimes work. awbot.gif

China's Main Battle Tanks for Vanilla, Special Weapons and Tank.

Katyusha's get phosphorus tipped rockets with salvage. Or with veterancy.

Best camo.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 5 Nov 2016, 19:16
Post #62

Group Icon

More generic crap.
All China Vanilla units (and any faction that uses them, like tank general's red guard) explode into 5 land mines that get tossed out in random directions. It's very annoying to deal with.

Tank General's gattling tanks get a new weapon.
It's a.. uh... just think of a literal gattling tank. (It fires low damage tank shells, but the rate of fire makes it silly)
Just get ten of them and fire the ground. Screen shake intensifies.

Other nonsense:
Nuclear missile texture replaced with Snowman. Christmas cheer in WMD form. It looks retarded because it is.
Armor General Howitzers benefit from bunker buster upgrade. It's an ability you can use on your enemy, like the sheridan tank missile. Since it's balanced, the ability fires a missile rather than a shell, which has homing abilities.
Special Weapon Lotus gets a seismic bomb thing. I don't really know what to think of it. It blows up, does damage, and shuts down stuff in a small area for about 10 seconds.
Burton is a jerk. He can place charges on friendly units.
Superweapon General fire bases fire an EMP shell. This was already changed before, but the damage is a bit better now.
Hemmeh Cannons benefit from autoloaders. This was already changed before, but I made it 3 shells instead of 2 because reasons.
Level 3 Tank Drop can no longer be intercepted. In completely unrelated news; Improved the suspension of Battlemasters.
Moar Controlbars.

Expect new version on Sunday for those that enjoy this.

I plan on making some kind of super rocket buggy that never has to reload, is very large, and can target air units.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 5 Nov 2016, 19:32
Post #63

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

Time to timebomb chinooks smile.gif

Anyways, ideas:

- Buildable Spectre Gunship that can actually be controlled.

- Turn Starlifter into a Gunship (miniguns and rockets and all that jazz)

- Buildable CIA agents

- Disguise Function to Infantry if possible (if not possible could try giving it to Technicals)

- Buildable A-10 Hero Unit for Airforce General, try to see if you can make it work like the Desert Fly that doesn't require any reload time (and see if rockets are possible).

- Overcharge (Frenzy) type ability on Mammoth Tanks with their Shield Upgrade that make them go berserk temporarily (go all-out with this one if you want to)

- Autoloader (Constant Fire) type ability on Devestator that makes them fire extremely quick with barely any reload time for a short period of time.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 5 Nov 2016, 19:33

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 7 Nov 2016, 3:17
Post #64

Group Icon

New version in signature.

Dr. Thrax's Mega Super Rocket Buggy of DOOOOM. It can even attack aircraft since it's basically level with them.

The A10 request. Lot of fun with this one, has a very nice strafing run with rocket pod upgrade.

Now for something much less balanced.
I weaponized workers (GLA Vanilla). The experiment went too far and now there's something disgusting. There's two types of workers. Attack workers and Assault workers.

Originally the Assault Worker had a medium sized damage radius and could chunk through things fairly quickly.

That was not good enough...

If you're lucky, the worker won't kill himself with the earthquake, but that almost never happens. Also uh... use it far away from your base.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 7 Nov 2016, 7:57
Post #65

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Who wins in a fight?
The Angry man or the Rebellious Worker?

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 9 Nov 2016, 0:05
Post #66

Group Icon

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 7 Nov 2016, 1:57) *
Who wins in a fight?
The Angry man or the Rebellious Worker?

The Rebellious Worker stands no chance against the minigun madman. However, the Assault Worker would almost certainly win. Assault Workers have well over a thousand health, and the weapon kills himself with one use. Angry Man has short range and less vision range.

Generic holiday cheer.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 9 Nov 2016, 4:00
Post #67

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (ComradeGeneral @ 9 Nov 2016, 7:05) *
The Rebellious Worker stands no chance against the minigun madman. However, the Assault Worker would almost certainly win. Assault Workers have well over a thousand health, and the weapon kills himself with one use. Angry Man has short range and less vision range.

Generic holiday cheer.

You should replace the glowing pre-explosion orb with a christmas tree as well tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 12 Nov 2016, 1:04
Post #68

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 8 Nov 2016, 22:00) *
You should replace the glowing pre-explosion orb with a christmas tree as well tongue.gif

I misread that and thought you said snowman...
The snowman does the expand thing that the ball of death does. I can't really see, but I think the hat spins as well for some reason.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 12 Nov 2016, 5:33
Post #69

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (ComradeGeneral @ 12 Nov 2016, 8:04) *
I misread that and thought you said snowman...
The snowman does the expand thing that the ball of death does. I can't really see, but I think the hat spins as well for some reason.
*pic*

That works too tongue.gif

To fix the spinning just comment out the animation codes of the object.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 13 Nov 2016, 5:31
Post #70

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 11 Nov 2016, 23:33) *
That works too tongue.gif

To fix the spinning just comment out the animation codes of the object.

Yeah, just a bit weird that only the hat spins, and not the rest of the snowman. It's the hat of Christmas magic.

Coming "soon"
Armor shenanigans. Guardian cannons no longer have to reload. It's pretty disgusting.
All base defenses benefit from the mammoth shield upgrade.
The anti-air defense can now fire at ground targets.
A new science because I am a Red Alert 2 fangirl. (It's something like a Force Shield, but not quite because I am not pro)
It heals stuff, should block almost all projectiles except bullets, but power down anything inside it for the duration of the ability. Still need to fix it a bit. Scaling and junk.

Ignore my defensive line. I get kind of OCD after a lot of testing.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 14 Nov 2016, 0:18
Post #71

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

If you are really dedicated, you could probably replace certain upgrades with alternative logic. Check the component tower from ROTR for example, and use that logic for the Armor General concrete base, it would save you a few slots if you needed them.

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 18 Nov 2016, 22:33
Post #72

Group Icon

Took me far too long to make a Force Shield. Turns out I was overthinking it to the nth degree. OverlordContain. It was that simple.

Can be deployed anywhere. Repairs instantly and shoots down all incoming missiles.
Haven't tested yet but it should deflect scud missiles and topols as well.
Lasts for 20 seconds and spawns a second invisible object that lasts for 40 seconds. The second one sucks up all the power.
I wanted to make the particle cannon beam hit the shield instead of the ground, but then I looked at how the particle beam works and decided no.

There's a bunch of small changes but the force shield is the biggest one.

Supply Drop Zones have been replaced with something more American.

I need to fix the Stryker because I turned it into an APC, but the weapon fires insanely fast. The delay is 777 and clip is 6, but it fires constantly like a minigun. I have no idea. It's pretty broken.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 25 Nov 2016, 0:01
Post #73

Group Icon

When you hate the Challenge maps so much:

Stealth: The reservoir has dried up. Hijackers all over the place. Removed some cliffs.

Toxin: Removed some water. Removed a couple bridges because I hate bridges. Built a new village with me bare hands.

Superweapon: Drained the swamp ocean. Expanded her base and added ways to all particle cannons/buildings. Some attack waves.

New Toxin General unit; Virus Tank. Fires green toxin clouds. For heavy anti infantry needs. It's like the dart gun; infantry that die leave behind toxic clouds.

Can confirm. Force shield destroys incoming scud missiles. Only the ones that hit the shield though.

Chemical Scorpion rocket is on the Palace now, but got buffs. More damage and 10 second reload instead of 15.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 26 Nov 2016, 19:48
Post #74

Group Icon

New version. Full of junk. Lots of balanced garbage so I'll probably miss some things.

Supply drop zones are now oil derricks because America.
Removed the Hellfire and Spy drone upgrades and combined them into 1 Battle Drone upgrade. (I needed more entries.)
Included challenge.ini if you want to play the exact same challenges but with minor map differences on 3 maps. Dynamic.
Red Guard bayonet does EXTRA_5. Bloody gore explosion from a bayonet.
Probably other stuff but I forgot to add it because I am bad.

Ironside:
Mammoth Shield upgrade applies to basically everything.
Base defenses benefit from shields.
Anti-air system can attack ground units.
His own version of the Little Bird with 3 seats instead of 2. Shield upgrade as well but I dont know if it works. (dies too fast)
New science! Force Shield! Original content!
Force Shield unlocked at level 3. Create a protective shield anywhere. Lasts for 20 seconds, consumes all power for 40 seconds.
Repairs everything inside instantly. Deflects incoming projectiles, including scud missiles.
Force Shield doesn't save units that die in 1 hit though.
Stryker is broken and silly right now. You get Biohazard Tech infantry instead.

Leang:
Stuka benefits from White Napalm upgrade.

DR. THRAX:
Stolen Dragon Tank (Virus Tank) for extreme anti-infantry needs. Requires a Palace OR Black Market (since it's stolen).
It fires green gas that shreds infantry. Infantry explode into viral gas clouds. It is extremely effective against Infantry General.
Virus Tank gets its own type of Firewall ability. It spews poison clouds over a large area. Larger than the normal firewall range.
Virus Tank is weak against armor piercing stuff, tanks and buildings.
New tech option! Buildable Chemical Bunker. It works as a tech building/defensive structure. Build as many as you want.
Chemical Bunker has 1 upgrade on it; Anthrax Gamma. Also a self destruct button. Building costs $1200.
Black Market and Scud Storm require a Palace OR Chemical Bunker. So you can tech to Black Market/Scud cheaper, but not have access to Palace units.
Scorpion Rocket is on the Palace now. Buffed; 10 sec reload instead of 15. Moar damage.

Salvage:
Gadfly can attack ground targets. It's kind of funny.
New unit! Shotgun Maniac! Yes, it's as dumb as it sounds.
It's a maniac armed with a shotgun. Can switch between 2 types of shells, 3 with the Phosphorus bomb upgrade.
Default shell: Mega Buckshot. It makes infantry explode. It's that mega.
Secondary shell: Ultra Slugs. Big beefy rounds for anti-tank needs.
Tertiary shell: Dragons Breath. Mildly effective against infantry and tanks, but not as hard-counter as the other 2.
Dragons Breath makes infantry burn.
Angry man is still angry.

GLA: Slightly rebalanced the Assault Worker. Should spam less earthquakes now, but still be way too effective.

Changed text and tactics for all generals. You may or may not enjoy some of them.
Dr. Thrax's tactics are 'House Calls.'

Thanks for playing <3

It's green because Christmas is coming.

There's a bunker in there too. Too much poison.

--------------------
ModDB Page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 28 Nov 2016, 2:36
Post #75

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

This mod deserves it's own moddb page.

I can help you set one up if you like I8.gif

This post has been edited by Zeke: 28 Nov 2016, 2:38

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 13:15