IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Challenge for Fai, Ironside, and Deathstrike?
T@nk 3unker
post 20 Sep 2017, 11:45
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10483

The title says it all. Just wanna know if you guys are planning or have planned to add the 3 remaining generals' own challenge stage. Since it seems that Shockwave may keep getting patches or updates Rise of the Reds style, is one of them the Challenge mode? Juhziz got his own, so it seems weird why the aforementioned 3 didn't.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 20 Sep 2017, 11:53
Post #2

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

Juhziz got his challenge because the map already exists in the base game, but was never scripted.
All other generals don't have a map

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
T@nk 3unker
post 20 Sep 2017, 12:25
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 20 Sep 2017, 21:53) *
Juhziz got his challenge because the map already exists in the base game, but was never scripted.
All other generals don't have a map

So it's a no then? I don't know much about making these, but isn't there kind of a workaround?

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 20 Sep 2017, 14:00
Post #4

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

We have to make them ourselves.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 21 Sep 2017, 3:50
Post #5

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

You should try progen, they gave fai a challenge even if it was sorta meh....But on hard they do rush you with 100 red guards....almost at the start

IRonside is amazing at the hard diffuculty (Because hes a boss general that gets all of USA's best toys) On the map northland america....Theres only one exploit that can cheese you to an easy win.

For Juhziz, alot of mods did a version of their maps...SHW has one too but SHW's is really "ehh"
Demo trap me once shame on me
Demo traps twice in a row? Shame on you
Demotraps every 2 inches for the sake of a "challenge" Shame shame to you all...

If we ever do return to the challenge maps I can think of some nice things for Deathstrike, just the map would be the question...What kind of map would fit him?

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 21 Sep 2017, 3:50

--------------------

+Quote Post
T@nk 3unker
post 22 Sep 2017, 12:10
Post #6

Group Icon

We have to make them ourselves.

So not entirely out of the question, then? I'm looking forward to it if you're indeed planning to make it.

You should try progen, they gave fai a challenge even if it was sorta meh....But on hard they do rush you with 100 red guards....almost at the start

IRonside is amazing at the hard diffuculty (Because hes a boss general that gets all of USA's best toys) On the map northland america....Theres only one exploit that can cheese you to an easy win.

For Juhziz, alot of mods did a version of their maps...SHW has one too but SHW's is really "ehh"
Demotraps every 2 inches for the sake of a "challenge" Shame shame to you all...

I played ProGen which is indeed a good mod. Although, the fact that the boss generals' specialty were just basically rip-offs of their lower generals' tactics is kinda disservice(5 star general's tactics = 3 four-star general's tactics wuut??). Fai's challenge was..... well... man spam as usual. I played another iteration of Fai's challenge that was set on a snowy map. That was more entertaining honestly, and brutal on hard.

If we ever do return to the challenge maps I can think of some nice things for Deathstrike, just the map would be the question...What kind of map would fit him?

Well, if you are indeed returning to the challenge, I'm looking forward to what your take would be with the titular generals' challenge.

Regarding Deathstrike's challenge map, I was thinking that his stronghold should be set in a sandy desert(bcuz GLA) with nothing but junk cars, depiloted vehicles, burning barricades, and abandoned buildings as far as the eye can see. Unlike the other challenge maps, Deathstrike's base surrounds the player's base, with SAM sites and Gadflies denying Air Force and sub bases scattered on the map with Scrap Yards on each sub base(bcuz Salvage). His Soyuz Missile is located far from his base on high ground, heavily guarded obviously.

Well, this is just my two cents. Still, that's how I picture it, for what's my imagination is worth. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 22 Sep 2017, 16:03
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

quite like that map idea ^

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 22 Sep 2017, 17:53
Post #8

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Member No.: 9941

I like your idea, except for the "air denial" part. Remember that there is a general that relies mostly on air usage. Denying it completely would be problematic. Even USA supply collection would be hard

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 22 Sep 2017, 18:28
Post #9

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Actually for the Soyuz missle, Why not just replicate the shockwave quickstart mode screen?

Sure there will be units that dont belong to deathstrike but who gives a damn?

--------------------

+Quote Post
T@nk 3unker
post 23 Sep 2017, 11:06
Post #10

Group Icon

I like your idea, except for the "air denial" part. Remember that there is a general that relies mostly on air usage. Denying it completely would be problematic. Even USA supply collection would be hard

You have a valid point. Maybe we can expand the map or minimize the number of heavy anti-air for more breathing room? It varies among difficulties, but not complete air-denial as you said. After all, it's "Challenge", not "Annihilation". laugh.gif

Actually for the Soyuz missle, Why not just replicate the shockwave quickstart mode screen?

Sure there will be units that dont belong to deathstrike but who gives a damn?

Hadn't thought about that one. Looking at it closely, yeah it's kinda epic if it'll be that way, with few tweaks and enhancements. His specialty is Salvage, so him having captured units from other factions is not straying from his own specialty. But those said units shouldn't be completely OP, like his "salvaged vehicles" could be moderate to heavy damaged vanilla faction main battle tanks(Crusader, Battlemaster...etc). I mean, it's not like he just happened to have a captured Devastator or an Anvil Tank lying around......
...would he? UI8.gif

+Quote Post
ComradeGeneral
post 23 Sep 2017, 16:22
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 12935

Adding a rally point for teams and then having the cc use the salvage strike button at that location would be nice too. Say, if he has more than x dosh of stuff inside a small square around the rally point, he scraps them up with the power.

--------------------
Shockwave "Good" Balance Mod:
ModDB Page
Latest date: October 3rd, 2017
Update 15 includes a life worth living.

+Quote Post
Rez
post 14 Jan 2018, 13:02
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 16679

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 21 Sep 2017, 8:20) *

Sorry for the Necro.

Seth's Deathstrike mission map would make a very good template for the Deathstrike challenge. The map is well done and it is challenging also.

This is the mission description:-

"Deathstrike-Rocket:

As the name suggests, you try to destroy Deathstrike’s Soyuz missile silo as Alexander, with some help from Kwai."

Seth Missions Thread: Visit.

Mission Download post: Visit My Website.

Maybe you should check the mission out.

+Quote Post
TheSilverHands
post 22 Jun 2018, 11:00
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 17896

Was recently thinking about this after just purging through the Generals Challenge.

I first played this C&C Generals and Zero Hour about 10 years ago, and was always wondering about the missing generals (had no clue about Ironside and Deathstrike at the time until I started going for mods several years later after taking a break before going back into it, especially SHW).

Then I fought Juzhiz and was hungry for other downloadable challenges with other generals, most of which suck except this one with Fai:

http://www.cnclabs.com/downloads/details.aspx?id=1565

I don't know if this one sucks or not, but I do like this version quite a bit in my opinion.
Plus it is compatible with SHW, at least v1.201!

(Was super happy when the maps worked in SHW).
Nevertheless, you can consider to use this existing map and pre-made base as a SHW Infantry General Challenge.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:46