The General
post 16 Feb 2018, 19:19
Post #1

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9974

Hello everyone.
I have returned to continue where i left off. But first i will try to explain the situation and what i'm going to do here in the text below:

This will be a story about the war in South-Eastern Europe that followed the end of the Third World War. The world powers were happy that WW3 was over, but not everyone in Europe was. The Confederation on the South-East was an emerging regional power that tok a passive role in this war, mostly securing the supply lines of the Russian troops and manning the buffer zones. The Balkan Confederation was at the peak of it's power with a self-sufficient economy and freshly equipped army. As they were not willing to simply stand asside while the 'big players' decide what is going to happen next, they scured a favorable position in the aftermath of WW3. BC couldn't invade the entire ECA, but it was able to occupy and hold their member nations that were nerby. On top of that it had nuclear missiles, fortifications, bunkers and a fairly good and highly motivated military. All that made their threat to continue the war a real possibility.
However, knowing that the Confederation wasn't really interested in the territories in western and central Europe, ECA and NAU tried to offer them favorable trade deals in exchange for signing the peace agreement. That offer was shot down as a cheap bribe, so ECA decided to sweeten the deal with allowing them to freely expand to the east without the great powers helping the other side. As the Balkan Confederation was trying to be the second Byzantine, and most of it's former territories were on the east and not west or north, this secret part of the deal was too sweet to refuse.

After the peace was signed, the Balkan Confederation announced three major military drills: the first was held in southern Bulgaria in September 2050, second in western Serbia in January 2051. and third was to be held in south-eastern Greece in April of the same year. The first part of the story will take place in the months between the second and third drills, and this fanfiction will be written in episodes as short-ish stories that follow diferent characters.
Hopefully i will finish writing all of the episodes by the end of the year, and i hope you'll enjoy reading them. Comments, advice and constructive criticism will as always be appreciated.

This post has been edited by The General: 16 Feb 2018, 19:33

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
(USA)Bruce
post 16 Feb 2018, 22:28
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Hey Sergei, my good old friend

I've missed you and I bet alot others have too, the videos on your signature, one of them is 404 so you best update that.Also the russian or what ever that's in Cyril should have some sort of English dubs or explanation on whats going on for us readers that doesn't know that.

Havent read all of the story yet, so I'll give you my first thoughts after that.

Also I guess I don't have to tell you that the whole "post WW3" things are harder to accept as cannon.So I doubt this'll be allowed the approval like you had for the Balkan Confederation a few years back

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 14 Apr 2018, 12:34
Post #3

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9974

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 16 Feb 2018, 23:28) *
Hey Sergei, my good old friend

I've missed you and I bet alot others have too, the videos on your signature, one of them is 404 so you best update that.Also the russian or what ever that's in Cyril should have some sort of English dubs or explanation on whats going on for us readers that doesn't know that.

Havent read all of the story yet, so I'll give you my first thoughts after that.

Also I guess I don't have to tell you that the whole "post WW3" things are harder to accept as cannon.So I doubt this'll be allowed the approval like you had for the Balkan Confederation a few years back

Thanks. I'll fix that. As far as the non-english is concerned, it's only there to add a little 'flavor' and enrich the story a bit for those who like to 'research' stuff(or in this case just use google translate). Most if not all of my texts have something hidden in them, i think you in english call those things 'easter eggs' or something. They don't change the story much but they are 'extra explanations'.

I know, the mod is about the big ww3 players in rotr universe so it's not like the mods even care much what happens beyond that. I just figured i should fill a hole in the storyline that i saw, kinda like what i did when i wrote about BF. I write mostly so the people who are from the South-Eastern Europe and/or know the situation there don't feel excluded, so i try to be realistic(as far as you can be in a futuristic scifi story). Adding it to the cannon would be a bonus, but it's not why i do it.

Anyways, episode two should be posted within this month.

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 23:23