Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Oct 2012, 6:52
Post #1

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

I just played a game of ROTR against china brutal, and despite having enough uplink cannons to basically turn half the map into ash every 4 minutes, i can'tt win, why? THEY REBUILD.

IN FOUR MINUTES

AN ENTIRE BASE

AD INFITUM

see any problem there? i know it's supposed to be hard, but really, give them limited resources that can run out if you RAZE THE PLACE REPEATEDLY
The main problem is, no other AI can do this, only china

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 31 Oct 2012, 6:52

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Claine
post 31 Oct 2012, 6:59
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

LOL.. the reason is the IA nothing more, me too since we test the version you playing now i notice that the china is powerful like hell right? but believe me i win twice smile.gif
expect more than that once the team add full content of China happy.gif

This post has been edited by Claine: 31 Oct 2012, 7:02

--------------------

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 31 Oct 2012, 7:01
Post #3

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Hahaha try it with GLA and you will cry. Oh wait you play as US. Carry on then.

With russia, china is small time. GLA makes me cry tears of blood though. But yes, I feel your pain. I can't beat the brutal AI of any faction, takes me nearly an hour to kill china hard AI.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobo Solitario
post 31 Oct 2012, 7:44
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9093

Instead of razing the whole place, why don't you focus on what matters? Kill the dozers and the CCs - no dozers, no rebuild.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 31 Oct 2012, 8:01
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Which map was it on? You must be one hell of a player to be able to build so many Particle Cannons with brutal China AI continuously hammering on you. Specially since the napalm based weapons easily clear fire bases making turtling against China as US that much harder.

Anyway you ain't supposed to incinerate the map with particle cannons in the first place. Destroy their crucial units and structures, then send in your army in shock and awe style. Pretty sure I don't need to lecture you on US's focus on rapier-ish precision and yada yada.

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 31 Oct 2012, 8:11
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9121

rush for 10 missiles defender + 1,2 humvees for very early defense then do not upgrade too much just build airfield and 2-3 patriots. go for cobras as many as possible.
the AI prioroty is you're base defense and he'll leave you're cobras alone you can defend you'resel very easy woth a mass of helicopter and you can actually rule all over the map just stay away from his base.
then simply expand,build etc.

rember cobras not comanche since cobra is the only one thta can stop that nuke heli's

with gla is very hard since i am the only that cry'ed some time ago that gla has big problems both with eco and with that tunnel sistem.

you cannot expand on the map like gla do usualy because you cannot spam tunnels...they can't defend and who the hell has money vs a brutal to build tunnels + defences to tunnels ? Not a viable option
bunkering down is also not viable since the opponent has infinite money and will rape you and you will never get money if you defend you need to advance to choke points and there we will helicopter rape you or artilery rape you so only solution i find is make some scarce cheap defences way advanced from the main base and have missle soldiers around them as many as possinble + one grad and hope you're supply does not finish before you build scud storm..then you can use the scud storm as a main income and use that to resist and allways try to build for a second scud and so on...
it's really really a big pain in the ass

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Oct 2012, 8:38
Post #7

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 31 Oct 2012, 0:01) *
Which map was it on? You must be one hell of a player to be able to build so many Particle Cannons with brutal China AI continuously hammering on you. Specially since the napalm based weapons easily clear fire bases making turtling against China as US that much harder.

Anyway you ain't supposed to incinerate the map with particle cannons in the first place. Destroy their crucial units and structures, then send in your army in shock and awe style. Pretty sure I don't need to lecture you on US's focus on rapier-ish precision and yada yada.

A 4vs.4 , kinda ragequited after the fourth time a used 20 PUC at once and he rebuilt, you'd be suprised how well massed wasps and choppers with firebase spam can hold them off at a chokepoint, some downloaded map.

He had a barracks in his command center ontop of a nuke silo that also overlapped an airfield.

I think that makes it a commanclear fieldracks

Problem being they just rebuild too fast so i just ended up grabbing 20ish particle cannons and making a wall of lazer

rember cobras not comanche since cobra is the only one thta can stop that nuke heli's

Avenger PDL XP

Just make brutal AI more dependant on resource collection, i don't know, so that i can actually make surgical strikes? and more importantly, those VANS, the US is literally the only faction that still relies on buildings for Eco, and said buildings take 1 damage then blow up.

EDIT: Usually i rely on the MOAB to clear out dense piles of unit, but then, every time i look towards the right side of my screen, i remember that it was taken by the russians (I'll never shut up about the Mother Of All Bombs being rpelaced with the russia FakeOut Asspull Bomb, It's my catchphrase)

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 31 Oct 2012, 8:50

--------------------

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 31 Oct 2012, 8:46
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 31 Oct 2012, 9:38) *
Avenger PDL XP

NO. that's a waste of money ! cobras defend air vs air and ground defence. Just do as i say build a huge helicopter army and a few base defences and see what that means.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Oct 2012, 8:55
Post #9

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

QUOTE (aeroth @ 31 Oct 2012, 0:46) *
NO. that's a waste of money ! cobras defend air vs air and ground defence. Just do as i say build a huge helicopter army and a few base defences and see what that means.

Not if you count in a target designator. They're about twice as cheap as before (And 1/4 as powerful)

Also, Twin Fang Instakill Roflcannons

--------------------

+Quote Post
scorpio
post 31 Oct 2012, 9:08
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9151

right now i think brutal china is the toughest AI in the game along with GLA. to think china used to be the weakest hard AI in 1.7

--------------------

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 31 Oct 2012, 9:16
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 31 Oct 2012, 9:55) *
Not if you count in a target designator. They're about twice as cheap as before (And 1/4 as powerful)

that avenger can only attack air , the cobra can attack both air and ground so you waste money it that avenger !

What is not clear ? :|

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 31 Oct 2012, 9:40
Post #12

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 31 Oct 2012, 13:55) *

Actually aeroth is right. Cobras are probably the most influential heli in the mod right now. They're pretty good at defending your base and has something for everyone.

Do keep in mind we're talking about only defending. You won't have to think about Twin Fangs that much against the AI unless you march into your opponent's base.

BTW for someone who says "surgical strike", "precision" etc every now and then you sure loved the MOAB. Anyway tried the carpet bombing?

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Oct 2012, 10:58
Post #13

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Yes, i've had no end of problems when the AI ocasionally leaves a twin fang by their inferno cannons.

and ofcourse, MOAB is simply something i loved because of the shock and awe power, not to mention damage that a spectre cant do since it's so fragile, maybe give it the aurora invul ability while it's still speeding on it's way to the target?

I do agree about the cobra, however don't discout the abilty of a small group of avengers to render enemy airstrikes null by shooting the missiles down. VERY important once you need to use a blob of units.

--------------------

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 31 Oct 2012, 11:55
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 31 Oct 2012, 11:58) *
however don't discout the abilty of a small group of avengers to render enemy airstrikes null by shooting the missiles down. VERY important once you need to use a blob of units.

hmmmmm *what is he talking about ?* I8.gif chinese helicopter with rokets ? 8I.gif hmmm maybe the rockets of the napalm air strike ? I8.gif .....or....hmmm mig's missiles ? 8I.png why not shoot the mig's then ? UI8.gif hmmm 8I.gif *bad poker face* I have no idea what are you saying 8ani5.gif

This post has been edited by aeroth: 31 Oct 2012, 11:56

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 31 Oct 2012, 13:40
Post #15

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

He probably meant aircraft missiles in general. Ofc Avengers are also useful to protect tanks and arti heaps from Grads and other missile based arti.

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 31 Oct 2012, 13:40

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 31 Oct 2012, 13:49
Post #16

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Han nukes are missiles
Missiles can be shot by PDL
Not more han nukes

--------------------

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 31 Oct 2012, 14:17
Post #17

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (scorpio @ 31 Oct 2012, 9:08) *
right now i think brutal china is the toughest AI in the game along with GLA. to think china used to be the weakest hard AI in 1.7

In 1.7 all you needed to do was spam units early game then run them at the enemy's base. Then go after Eco, screw them over and they break already. 1.72 is nothing like that mindfuck.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 31 Oct 2012, 14:37
Post #18

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 31 Oct 2012, 18:49) *
Han nukes are missiles
Missiles can be shot by PDL
Not more han nukes

Again Avengers can get screwed by EMP Hans and AI loves using those. Cobras don't have any risk of Hans retaliating.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 31 Oct 2012, 14:56
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (ultimentra @ 31 Oct 2012, 9:01) *
With russia, china is small time. GLA makes me cry tears of blood though. But yes, I feel your pain. I can't beat the brutal AI of any faction, takes me nearly an hour to kill china hard AI.

Small time? Those firestorms is the best counter to advancing Russian force that I've ever seen, so far. I still find it hard to understand why such a strong arty (I totally loved it in 1.7.0) got a buff.....

As for AI... how about sending in a ground force, to clear out the survivors after your Particle Cannon rampage?

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 31 Oct 2012, 14:56

+Quote Post
wargame10
post 31 Oct 2012, 17:07
Post #20

Stop Whining Learn to Deal with it!
Group Icon

Member No.: 475
Pissing some Idiot like SKW

sucks that u sucked turtle with the americans

get a better strat instead of turtling

well thats true china brutal ai is hell

inb4 they have infinite resources

and kinda cheat unit productions

--------------------

Magoichi Saika: You shall die with bullets gayber!! -shoots justin beiber lol- and you too american wannabe -shoots SKW (rofl)-

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 31 Oct 2012, 22:16
Post #21

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Working as intended.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 31 Oct 2012, 22:27
Post #22

Group Icon

I actually want a smarter and harder ai in next patches biggrin.gif:D:D

Some suggestions:
- ai expands on map
- ai build more superweaponds
- smarter use of units. I really want the ai to attack you're units first then base defences...this is a big big AI downfall that makes easy to defend agains the computer

This post has been edited by aeroth: 31 Oct 2012, 22:28

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 31 Oct 2012, 22:59
Post #23

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

Better yet... less laggy ais!!

- Much less pointless and completly useless defenses at their base(s)
- More refined pathfinding
- Little or no mines

Its a lot to ask, but it will make the single player portion of the game much more playable!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 31 Oct 2012, 23:10
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

^those kind of things aren't possible anyway ZH AI is simply just limited in that regard.

Also if single player lags for you (offline play) then i can only guess your useing a somewhat low end machine because i never experinced lag as great that it becomes unplayable (including on my 5 year old gaming rig that i use for testing)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Commander-GDI
post 31 Oct 2012, 23:16
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9007

it really all depends on the MAP.

on an open map with few money even the hard (money-cheating furious.gif ) AI is almost impossible to beat without lot of suerweapons..

This post has been edited by Commander-GDI: 31 Oct 2012, 23:18

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 21:00