Superpower 2, Modern geopolitical simulator
Sanguivorant
post 28 Jun 2015, 6:25
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11489

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperPower_2

In this game, you play as one country that existed in 2001 that was recognized by the UN. You manage military, economy and policy of the country. At the same time, you have to conduct in diplomacy and can set up treaties or trade unions.

Has anyone else heard of this game? I bought it on steam a month ago, and I've just been addicted to it. Granted, most of the time you are looking at statistics, graphs and numbers, but it provides a kind of modern simulation that I haven't found in a lot of games.

There are also mods that take you to 2014, and allow you to play according to current geopolitical situations.

This post has been edited by Sanguivorant: 28 Jun 2015, 6:26
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 28 Jun 2015, 12:31
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

I tried it once but it was so confusing. Like I didn't know how to invade another country without getting everyone on my back. I'm more into Paradox Interactive's titles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sanguivorant
post 29 Jun 2015, 4:33
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 11489

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 28 Jun 2015, 13:31) *
I tried it once but it was so confusing. Like I didn't know how to invade another country without getting everyone on my back. I'm more into Paradox Interactive's titles.

Everything that goes on in the game is very, very interconnected, which makes it hard wage war unless you have international support for the war. Most states have an alliance with another state, or if your diplomatic relations are too low with nations, then they will likely wage war on you for being aggressive.

I was actually debating between buying Victoria 2 and Superpower, and just chose Superpower because it was cheaper, and also I am more interested in modern politics and not past eras. However, I do intend to get a paradox interactive title soon.

+Quote Post
steph
post 6 Jul 2015, 8:36
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11692

I used to play this game several years ago but it was too hard for me and gave up mellow.gif

This post has been edited by steph: 6 Jul 2015, 8:41

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 14:44