post 18 Jun 2016, 10:30
Post #1

Frontline Chaos mod leader and creator
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 25
Projects: ROTR Tester
Host of

Recently got a new PC, which comes with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. After reinstalling all my modding tools, I tried yesterday to work on a model in my usual 3dsmax7. I encountered two issues:
1) 3dsmax crashes / throws an error when you close the program. Not that critical, but a bit annoying
2) when you try to navigate towards a different folder when using Save as, the entire program freezes. Using the folder navigation for Opening files and merging files works for some reason

As you can imagine, the second one basicly makes the program unusable. I already run it with Windows XP SP 2 compatibility mode, and force it to run as admin, but alas. My last option I have that should work is running it on an older Windows version inside a VM, but that brings a lot of hassle with it I would prefer to stay away from.

So my question(s): has anyone be able to get 3dsmax7 to run properly on Windows 10? What are the alternatives if this doesn't work? I have read people using 3dsmax7 only to import W3D and then save it so it can be processed and exported in a newer version of 3dsmax, but I'm unsure how this works.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 5:10