Reply to this topicStart new topic
Alternative programs to play online
Angel
post 23 Feb 2010, 12:27
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 713

I wish to inform you, there are two programs, which could replace hamachi. Comodo and Garena.

http://www.comodo.com/home/download/downlo...?prod=remote-pc

http://www.garena.com/

I offer all the active players to test it and give up hamachi. These programs have advantages comparely hamachi. Firstly it both have better ping, than hamachi. Secondly, it's not need to create a lot of networks. Hundred of ppl can play in one room or one network, they don't need to buy commercial license for it. Actually comody allmost wasn't tested by contra's players, but Garena was tested. And you know what... 90% contra's players play in garena now, because it's more good and more convenient programm, than hamachi. I ask active shockwave's and ROTR's ppl test it. I'm sure it is pleasant to you, and we'll be play in more comfortable conditions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JJ
post 23 Feb 2010, 12:33
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 65
Projects: SWR Productions

Ah, I already have Garena. I remember how Contra people use it for ZH because I stumbled into their forums one day. Would you say that Comodo is worth trying out as well?

+Quote Post
Angel
post 23 Feb 2010, 13:19
Post #3

Group Icon

Well, Comody is actually wasn't tested, as I said, just because Garena have become popular in that moment and it just wasn't need to test something else. But if you want, you can test Comody too, but I'd want shockwave community choose Garena. And if you have garena allready, JJ, you must allredy test it and see all advantages of this programm. Help me to do my mission - to popularise Garena.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 23 Feb 2010, 14:33
Post #4

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Doesn't look too bad, but I don't play online enough to warrant being picky with the program I use

--------------------

+Quote Post
woxenrud
post 23 Feb 2010, 14:35
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Has anyone tried Tunngle? Best program by far but havent tried shockwave on it yet

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 24 Feb 2010, 0:03
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

I'd probably have to wait for Zhaos verdict cause there not much point moving without others

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 24 Feb 2010, 0:14
Post #7

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

Garena = a excellet VPN service but only allows you to play certain games , like Warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 and red alert 3 and call of duty 6 , the major games.
(so how are you even playing ZH on there and even if people made the switch its to much of a hassle)

Hamachi = not the best service around but it allows you to host private servers and play just about anything through lan , even games you made your self if possible biggrin.gif

Comody = have yet to test

Also angel you are russian so you will experince plenty of lag/delay issues with alot of people you meet because they live rather far away from you and no VPN software will change that :/

This post has been edited by Zhao: 24 Feb 2010, 0:27

+Quote Post
JJ
post 24 Feb 2010, 12:38
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 65
Projects: SWR Productions

Simple Zhao, from what I've read, all you need to do is to take the RA3 game settings, and set the game directory to your ZH exe, that way it will start ZH using RA3's networking method, which is the same seeing that both use SAGE fundamentally. I have yet to test it myself though.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 24 Feb 2010, 16:53
Post #9

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

Splitting a already close to dead community of(Actual gamers) players sounds Risky to me |:

+Quote Post
Angel
post 25 Feb 2010, 5:53
Post #10

Group Icon

I think it's just need to do the votion, which room we will use, and then it's need to inform as many ppl as we can, and than we can play. Garena is better and more conveniently programm. We just need all we can to get used ppl use garena and give up hamachi. Everybody enjoy it, I'm sure. Can you help me, Zhao, for example can you to place the announcement in your hamachi networks, or maybe by other ways?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 19:44