Seth
post 14 May 2014, 17:38
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 329
Projects: Rise of the Reds

Hello ROTR fans,

Since everyone in this forum is going crazy over fan missions these days, I decided to share my own.
I've been mapping for quite a while now, but I originally never intended to upload them anywhere, which may lead to some drawbacks:

1. They could be sometimes unfair in a way that it isn't overly clear what to do, since I was usually the only one playing them, obviously knowing exactly what to do. In that case please inform me to improve on the information given during the course of the mission.

2. As I'm not a player who performs 5000 actions per minute, most of them are rather slow-paced or downright easy. So if you're looking for a hardcore challenge, this is probably not your place to go.

Now for the missions themselves:

The Bear Strikes:

A Orlov style Russian mission (lots of infantry and helicopter use). Your objective is to raid an ECA naval base in Greece early in the war.

Attached File  The_Bear_Strikes__ROTR_.zip ( 148.66K ) Number of downloads: 170

Aral Sea Meltdown:

This mission takes place on the GLA 05 map from the original Generals, since I absolutely love the setting of the Aral Sea. Your job as Russia is to eradicate all GLA troops that have defeated the US and are using old Soviet-era chemicals against their enemies.

Attached File  Aral_Sea_Meltdown__ROTR_.zip ( 315.18K ) Number of downloads: 141

Pyong Boom:

A simple China vs. GLA mission, divided in three parts. Should be fairly easy.

Attached File  Pyong_Boom__ROTR_.zip ( 166.97K ) Number of downloads: 135

Unstable Alliance:

You play as GLA and try to induce war between China and Russia in order to overwhelm them both, while obviously being too weak to take on them both while they're allied.

Attached File  Unstable_Alliance__ROTR_.zip ( 187.56K ) Number of downloads: 141

Though they have been extensively tested, I am of course thankful for bug reports etc.

Have fun!

Seth

This post has been edited by Seth: 17 May 2014, 15:06
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 14 May 2014, 18:10
Post #2

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

I am taking these missions, Thanks a lot. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 14 May 2014, 19:53
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Greece is not part of the ECA, just a heads up.

I really like the final GLA mission; provoking a war, I always love playing the chessmaster.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 15 May 2014, 21:38
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 14 May 2014, 20:53) *
Greece is not part of the ECA, just a heads up.

Well, neither are Germany, South Korea, Pakistan, Japan, Djibouti, Panama, UK, etc. parts of the US of A (they've got plenty of bases there). If I was ECA commander-in-chief and I had Russia (Black Sea Navy), GLA (North Africa), unstable Middle East and Suez canal to worry about I would DEFINITELY acquire a naval base in Greece either by money, diplomatics or force! 8llaniflip.gif

Seth, I am mighty impressed by your missions. Thank you very much!!! wub.gif I was a bit too quick on "The Bear Strikes": I took over the two closest ECA islands BEFORE I took out the Wotans which meant that a sizeable amount of my forces went to heaven thanks to the FOAB strikes...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 15 May 2014, 22:16
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Spejjarn @ 15 May 2014, 22:38) *
Well, neither are Germany, South Korea, Pakistan, Japan, Djibouti, Panama, UK, etc. parts of the US of A (they've got plenty of bases there). If I was ECA commander-in-chief and I had Russia (Black Sea Navy), GLA (North Africa), unstable Middle East and Suez canal to worry about I would DEFINITELY acquire a naval base in Greece either by money, diplomatics or force! 8llaniflip.gif

Wait, what? One, Germany and the United Kingdom are part of the ECA. You and everyone else knows that. I'm sure the ECA have no military bases in the United States and the ECA are so isolationist and self-centered they wouldn't go near Greece, especially not with their fascist government and all. Plus Greece would most likely not allow the Europeans a naval base, either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 15 May 2014, 22:18
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Gave all of them a quick glance (don't have time to play through them to the fullest right now) but they all look realy well made and thought out.

Good stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 16 May 2014, 4:20
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 15 May 2014, 17:16) *
Wait, what? One, Germany and the United Kingdom are part of the ECA. You and everyone else knows that. I'm sure the ECA have no military bases in the United States and the ECA are so isolationist and self-centered they wouldn't go near Greece, especially not with their fascist government and all. Plus Greece would most likely not allow the Europeans a naval base, either.

I think you misunderstood what he was saying (took me a few read-overs to get it). He was comparing the current US bases in all of those countries to ECA influence in ROTR. Though I agree with you, ECA would not touch Greece because it's too...well...Greecey... Besides, they have many other places they can stick decent Mediterranean naval bases, chief among those being Italy.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 16 May 2014, 8:46
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (8igDaddy8lake @ 16 May 2014, 5:20) *
I think you misunderstood what he was saying (took me a few read-overs to get it). He was comparing the current US bases in all of those countries to ECA influence in ROTR. Though I agree with you, ECA would not touch Greece because it's too...well...Greecey... Besides, they have many other places they can stick decent Mediterranean naval bases, chief among those being Italy.

Why would he compare that, that is ridiculous. ECA wouldn't use American bases in countries that aren't part of their alliance, obviously.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seth
post 16 May 2014, 9:11
Post #9

Group Icon

Thank you all for the nice feedback wub.gif

C'mon guys, just play them... I didn't think all -that- much about canon while making it, I just wanted a Greece setting ;-)

As the public seems to like my missions, expect 10+ Shockwave missions to be uploaded today.

Additionally, I am currently working on a mission that involves two of the most liked elements by the ROTR fanbase: Stealthy Frank Jaeger infiltrating Russian bases and lots of trains.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 17 May 2014, 0:21
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10072

Those are some really nice missions man, very good job

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 17 May 2014, 2:45
Post #11

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

Excellent work good sir, had at it with a few of them, they're all quite nice; my only gripe is some of the cinematics but that's tricky to begin with - they have that initial CnC feel to them and expands further. Love it. I8.gif

With a bit of direction you could even do some official stuff I'd say aw.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Seth
post 17 May 2014, 15:10
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 17 May 2014, 3:45) *
Excellent work good sir, had at it with a few of them, they're all quite nice; my only gripe is some of the cinematics but that's tricky to begin with - they have that initial CnC feel to them and expands further. Love it. I8.gif

With a bit of direction you could even do some official stuff I'd say aw.gif

May I ask you what kind of "gripe" you mean? I'd guess it's too few camera movement, in this regard I am just a bit lazy...

(And yes, I know about the fact that in "The Bear Strikes" that damn f******g Skyshield is just too dumb to fire on the Berkuts and I am completely clueless about that. That is my major gripe with that...)

On side note: I would be honored to do some official stuff, being SWR fanboy since Shw 0.93 blush.gif
;-)

This post has been edited by Seth: 17 May 2014, 15:27

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 17 May 2014, 18:26
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Seth @ 17 May 2014, 16:10) *
On side note: I would be honored to do some official stuff, being SWR fanboy since Shw 0.93 blush.gif
;-)

wow that makes you a pretty long time follower.

--------------------

+Quote Post
markp
post 17 May 2014, 21:55
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 176

QUOTE (Seth @ 14 May 2014, 11:38) *
Since everyone in this forum is going crazy over fan missions these days, I decided to share my own.

D*mn it! Just wasted my entire Saturday morning playing your missions! And you know what's worse ... I have a feeling I'm gonna waste some of my time tomorrow replaying 'em! ;-)

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 17 May 2014, 23:21
Post #15

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

QUOTE (markp @ 17 May 2014, 22:55) *
D*mn it! Just wasted my entire Saturday morning playing your missions! And you know what's worse ... I have a feeling I'm gonna waste some of my time tomorrow replaying 'em! ;-)

I second that! hahaha... i totally did the Aral Sea mission wrong but still beat it... decided to go right into the center of the base and reich havoc on it with boris.... oh hey i get to build a base that will help me destroy thisnow ruined base.... ooops... oh hey trucks and spawns and stuff... FOAB the chem storage to death... hmmm something tells me i did it all totslly wrong but had fun doing it! I must say, the quality in these maps and scripting as well, blows even my best out of the water. bravo!

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
markp
post 17 May 2014, 23:36
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Xofolez @ 17 May 2014, 17:21) *
i totally did the Aral Sea mission wrong but still beat it...

Yeah, I took the same approach ... right up the middle wreaking havoc with Boris [I don't need no schtinkin' base and support units, I'm a *HERO*] ... completely missed the "don't let the chem trucks escape" directive ... so I *HAD* to play it again so I could kill the chem trucks.

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 18 May 2014, 2:44
Post #17

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

QUOTE (markp @ 18 May 2014, 0:36) *
Yeah, I took the same approach ... right up the middle wreaking havoc with Boris [I don't need no schtinkin' base and support units, I'm a *HERO*] ... completely missed the "don't let the chem trucks escape" directive ... so I *HAD* to play it again so I could kill the chem trucks.

I fluked by sending all my new tanks up to that bridge, damn good thing the golem is amphibious too! that truck was about to break through lol

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
darth andrew
post 18 May 2014, 5:40
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 399

How do you install these missions?

+Quote Post
markp
post 18 May 2014, 13:30
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (darth andrew @ 17 May 2014, 23:40) *
How do you install these missions?

Unzip to your C&C Generals Zero Hour Data/Maps directory. Each download, once unzipped, should create its own subdirectory under 'Maps'.

In the game go to Skirmish and bring up the list of maps. These missions should show up at the top of the list of available maps.

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 18 May 2014, 17:57
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (markp @ 18 May 2014, 5:30) *
Unzip to your C&C Generals Zero Hour Data/Maps directory. Each download, once unzipped, should create its own subdirectory under 'Maps'.

In the game go to Skirmish and bring up the list of maps. These missions should show up at the top of the list of available maps.

Under Official or Unofficial category? I remembered Black Sheep is counted as Unofficial.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 18 May 2014, 18:10
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

QUOTE (teslashark @ 18 May 2014, 12:57) *
Under Official or Unofficial category? I remembered Black Sheep is counted as Unofficial.

The maps would appear in the Unofficial Maps section (missions are first in the list)

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 18 May 2014, 20:55
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 16 May 2014, 9:46) *
Why would he compare that, that is ridiculous. ECA wouldn't use American bases in countries that aren't part of their alliance, obviously.

Well, I compared real-life USA and in-game ECA. I hope that clarifies a bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Seth
post 18 May 2014, 23:17
Post #23

Group Icon

New stuff to play:

Foreign Shores - I made this mission back in the day to celebrate the inclusion of navy in 1.7whatever. You as USA have to prepare an invasion in an African supply zone, then execute it. Your reinforcements in this mission are limited, but you can bombard everything with battleships, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

Attached File  Foreign_Shores__ROTR_.zip ( 136.87K ) Number of downloads: 65

Have fun!

+Quote Post
Zarbuza
post 21 May 2014, 14:41
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 10459

Pardon for beeing noob, but how can I install these?

+Quote Post
Seth
post 21 May 2014, 15:07
Post #25

Group Icon

just put them in the normal maps folder and select them from the unofficial map tab in skirmish screen

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 11:05