IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Faction, World and RTS Game ideas, A place where you can post all your RTS game, Faction and World ideas
Serialkillerwhal...
post 25 Apr 2015, 8:19
Post #51

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

QUOTE (Adoge @ 24 Apr 2015, 16:30) *
Haha

Serialkiller, I can just see the epicness coming out of this.

I can see Navy Seals tearing through entire bases, giant cthulhu like creatures battling natives, Hind Gunships being brought down by sticks and stones. A wall of suicide bombers just running at a base.

I like the way that you've actually managed to find playstyles for each of these factions. This isn't a bad idea. I can just see that one cultist who's killed like a million people and the US calling in like everything on him, apaches, abrams, navy seals and raptors. Anyway. I can't wait to see any sort of unit ideas you've had.

The really "Key" part is how the EVIL factions have an easier early-game (bad guys slowly win until the climatic battle where they don't) and are expected to crush the good guys, while the good guys have to come back swinging.

Realistically, that cultist would be killed in a "Heroic Sacrfice" moment where a grizzled veteran hugs his child one last time before dive-bombing the half-cthulu monster with a prototype prototron charge and then trying to outrun the fireball and failing, and muttering goodbye before being pulled into the void.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 25 Apr 2015, 8:22

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Apr 2015, 8:46
Post #52

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (Adoge @ 25 Apr 2015, 0:06) *
I like the ideas across the board. The idea of a cold war proxy conflict is very interesting.

The Iron Dream seems like a cool heavy faction.The idea that they rely mainly on their single infantry unit and tank with more powerful units coming in to support is interesting. Perhaps these guys could represent some nationalistic/fascist faction who wishes to form a dictatorship free of foreign influence. My only question would be what sort of units they get from support powers? I can see an Elefant-like Tank Destroyer and a King-Tiger like supertank. Perhaps some Supertanks for late game? IDK its not my idea it's yours.

It seems like Iron Dream vs the Alliance would be interesting. The Alliance's focus on stealth with strong logistics would be an interesting mix. Their doctrines also seem to make an interesting mix. One beefs up their ability to use logistics and Asymmetrical warfare takes stealth and raids to the next level. I like the idea they are sided with the third power China. What sort of their units would the Alliance have? I'm getting a sort of light vehicle vibe. Maybe some buggies and stuff.

The People's Revolution. This is a great idea, the fact that it is split between US and Soviet proxies is a great idea. I'm getting a Tankette and Artilley vibe from this faction in terms of vehicles, while there are light infantry, mortar infantry and stuff. I get the feeling that the Alliance and Revolution are the major two belligerents while the Iron Dream are more an upcoming power. These guys would be an interesting faction.

I'll make a units list soon, so stay tune.

Yes, the Iron Dream is supposed to be the militaristic, fascist faction of the game. Iron Dream's members are consists of veteran imperial era units and theirs descendants, so when it come to experiences and battlefield awareness, they lose to no one.

The Iron Dream's elite support units would consist of many unit types, and are called or upgraded from support powers that you have to choose via the use of command points. You can choose any special powers in any order you like, as there is no restriction about which support powers will unlock the next ones like the other factions. However, you will never have enough command points for all of them, so make your choice carefully.
Command points can either be gained from killing enemy units, or by purchasing with large amounts of money.

Some examples:

-Assault Tigers: This support power let you call in a group of 2 IFVs, each contain 2 squads of Black Tigers elite infantry men, 6 men per squad. They cannot gain any veterancy as they are already treated as veteran units with all the veteran benefits like selfhealing, faster ROF, increased in durability, being uncrushable by vehicles...ect...
They are a better version of basic grunts, and theirs armaments are more modern version that the grunts carry. Can throw incendinary grenades to clear buildings and can setup sandbags and fortifications anywhere on the map.
The IFV, would have firepower capable of fighting all units but the heaviest battle tanks and aircrafts in the game.

-Annihilator of the Light: This support power let you call in Annihilator variant of the yet unnamed standard MBT. Come in a group of 3 tanks, the difference is that this variant use an experimental Annihilator cannon, allowing the MBT to obliterate the armor of a super heavy tank and heavy infantry easily. Basically, this power allow you to fight armor with epic firepower while not losing movement speed. Considered as a more cost-effective solution than building your own super heavy counterpart. Best to use when counter attacking as your basic units can soak up damages for them.

-Tank hunters: Upgrade all of your squads of grunts with an additional member carrying an advance recoilless rifle for extra anti tank firepower. The shell can pass through multiple units, damaging them in a line. Cannot be fired on the move, and require deploying or garrisoning inside buildings to use.

-Impervious stand: Allow you to upgrade your basic MBTs individually into Impervious variant. Add extra ceramic armor layers, an anti-missile defense system, a minigun on top the turret of instead of the standard 50/30 cals for better anti-infantry firepower and allow the tank to engage helicopters. Cost money for each upgrade. No change to anti-tank firepower except longer range for the cannon. The tank will also move slower. Good for defensive operations.

-Mobile fire supports: Iron Dream don't have access to mobile artillery vehicles on default and have to rely on static artillery defenses and recon helicopters/scout infantry units for targeting. This support power change that, allow you to call in a groups of 3 self-propelled artillery vehicles from off map. These things are fast, and possess dangerous long range fire power.

-Airborne assault: Paradrop 7 squads of veteran grunts, and 3 light tanks behind the enemy lines.

-Observation post: Deploy an Observation post at anywhere on the map. Allow you to train grunts directly from there.

-The End of Days: Deploy World Destroyer super heavy tank on the field. Almost everything can barely scratch it, and the firepower it possess is rivaled by nothing. Armed with a single 200mm Destroyer cannon which fire penetrator HEAT rounds, 2 SAMs on the left and right of the turret for anti-aircraft and equipped with layers of Shock Absorber Armor and anti EMP system for defenses along with advance communication devices. It is a command vehicle, and a weapon of terror. The monster can take a direct hit from a battleship cannon and still left standing.
Only 1 World Destroyer can be on the field, and if destroyed will take a long time till the next one can roll out. Cost lots of money to use.

-Invasion confirmed: Have all of your available combat units get inside transport aircrafts and deliver them directly into the enemy base. The transport aircrafts cannot be destroyed.

More to come, under construction........

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 25 Apr 2015, 11:51

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 9:01
Post #53

Group Icon

Member No.: 11052

The End of Days: Deploy World Destroyer super heavy tank on the field. Almost everything can barely scratch it, and the firepower it possess is rivaled by nothing. Armed with a single 200mm Destroyer cannon which fire penetrator HEAT rounds, 2 SAMs on the left and right of the turret for anti-aircraft and equipped with layers of Shock Absorber Armor and anti EMP system for defenses along with advance communication devices. It is a command vehicle, and a weapon of terror. The monster can take a direct hit from a battleship cannon and still left standing.
Only 1 World Destroyer can be on the field, and if destroyed will take a long time till the next one can roll out. Cost lots of money to use.

I think I just shat my pants

Looking forward to hearing about the Revolutionaries and Alliance.

-Airborne assault: Paradrop 7 squads of veteran grunts, and 3 light tanks behind the enemy lines.

I really hope a "light tank" is the equivalent of another faction's MBT.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 25 Apr 2015, 9:03

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 9:13
Post #54

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 25 Apr 2015, 17:19) *
The really "Key" part is how the EVIL factions have an easier early-game (bad guys slowly win until the climatic battle where they don't) and are expected to crush the good guys, while the good guys have to come back swinging.

Realistically, that cultist would be killed in a "Heroic Sacrfice" moment where a grizzled veteran hugs his child one last time before dive-bombing the half-cthulu monster with a prototype prototron charge and then trying to outrun the fireball and failing, and muttering goodbye before being pulled into the void.

I can't wait to see the unit list

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Apr 2015, 9:21
Post #55

Guardsman
Group Icon

I think I just shat my pants

At first, I have even more crazy things for it aw.gif

As for the Alliance, they will have high tech light vehicles and well trained specialized infantry. They can do hit and run, tricking, creating dummy clones of theirs real units for distraction, build fake buildings which can be used as explosive traps or upgrade to real ones, convert enemy units to theirs sides.....But they can also go toe to toe with the enemy when theirs entire late game arsenal is ready to use. Combine arms is the key generally, though special units from asymmetrical warfare do things in a different way.
Think about RA Allied with some twists. None of the factions is totally subversive, and if use right all of them can do awesome steamrollings.

As for People's Revolutionaries, yeah they should have Tankettes as basic scouts and swarm units. Also the only faction that can train mortar infantry unit from the barracks. Theirs tactics would be about blowing things to dust with artillery then sending a giant army of light infantry and medium tanks to occupy the area. They would have better defensive options and faster infantry training than the Alliance, but have worse basic vehicles all overall until doctrine specialized units come in.

I really hope a "light tank" is the equivalent of another faction's MBT.

Well, it could be the same as PR's MBT. Always need to be fielded in large numbers to become effective.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 25 Apr 2015, 9:25

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 9:24
Post #56

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 25 Apr 2015, 18:21) *

As for the Alliance, they will have high tech light vehicles and well trained specialized infantry. They can do hit and run, tricking, creating dummy clones of theirs real units for distraction, build fake buildings which can be used as explosive traps or upgrade to real ones, convert enemy units to theirs sides.....But they can also go toe to toe with the enemy when theirs entire late game arsenal is ready to use. Combine arms is the key generally, though special units from asymmetrical warfare do things in a different way.
Think about RA Allied with some twists. None of the factions is totally subversive, and if use right all of them can do awesome steamrollings.

As for People's Revolutionaries, yeah they should have Tankettes as basic scouts and swarm units. Also the only faction that can train mortar infantry unit from the barracks. Theirs tactics would be about blowing things to dust with artillery then sending an giant army of light infantry and medium tanks to occupy the area. They would have better defensive options and faster infantry training than the Alliance, but have worse basic vehicles all overall until doctrine specialized units come in.

Well, it could be the same as PR's MBT. Always need to be fielded in large numbers to become effective.

Haha
I thought that when I saw the factions
Great minds think alike

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 11:58
Post #57

Group Icon

Yay! More than 1000 views

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cracky
post 25 Apr 2015, 11:59
Post #58

Mongrel
Group Icon

Member No.: 10294

Since you asked for a backstory..

EDF

May 7 2197

The World is falling to global terrorism, some countries have started negotiating and siding with the terrorists. 5 Star General Gus Gene of the US army could not tolerate this anymore and demanded what remains of the UN to support and fund his movements. Scientist were ordered to direct their reasearch on military technology, 60% of Government funds of all Loyalist Countries were used to prioritize National Defense and military.

January 24 2198

The EDF was formed and their first task was to liberate India from it's anarchy and unrest and eliminate all high-risk terrorists.

February 16 2198

India is liberated. EDF returns home.

January 1 2199

80% of the countries are now Held by EDF.

January 7 2199

Mysterious sighting of unknown soldiers in tactical and high tech gear in Afghanistan during a mission.

January 9 2199

EDF task force in Afghanistan was never heard from ever again. presumed dead.

March 3 2199

EDF receiving reports of Constant harassment and Massive unrest even after all their missions.

June 14 2199

Mysterious advanced organization hacks global media and reveals themselves as the Shadow Nation.

August 1 2199

EDF loses 20% of their controlled countries.

2199 - 2299

Stalemates, skirmishes, harassments between the EDF and SN.

Invaders arrive to break the balance.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll put one up for SN after some time.

This post has been edited by Crackerjack17: 25 Apr 2015, 12:01

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 12:08
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE (Crackerjack17 @ 25 Apr 2015, 20:59) *
Since you asked for a backstory..

EDF

May 7 2197

The World is falling to global terrorism, some countries have started negotiating and siding with the terrorists. 5 Star General Gus Gene of the US army could not tolerate this anymore and demanded what remains of the UN to support and fund his movements. Scientist were ordered to direct their reasearch on military technology, 60% of Government funds of all Loyalist Countries were used to prioritize National Defense and military.

January 24 2198

The EDF was formed and their first task was to liberate India from it's anarchy and unrest and eliminate all high-risk terrorists.

February 16 2198

India is liberated. EDF returns home.

January 1 2199

80% of the countries are now Held by EDF.

January 7 2199

Mysterious sighting of unknown soldiers in tactical and high tech gear in Afghanistan during a mission.

January 9 2199

EDF task force in Afghanistan was never heard from ever again. presumed dead.

March 3 2199

EDF receiving reports of Constant harassment and Massive unrest even after all their missions.

June 14 2199

Mysterious advanced organization hacks global media and reveals themselves as the Shadow Nation.

August 1 2199

EDF loses 20% of their controlled countries.

2199 - 2299

I'll put one up for SN after some time.

Sounds good man.

i'll wait until you post SN before i dive into it too much, but these are my thoughts.

I like how these guys are sort of a 'grey' morality military global hegemon. They're not good but not evil either. This is a really good premise and one I've tired to mirror with my Directorate force. Sort of a force dedicated to order no matter the cost. Although I'll wait for your SN story, its seems as though this will be a grey morality fight. I think the EDF's playstyle also really fits its backstory as a steamrolling global hegemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 12:49
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 25 Apr 2015, 18:21) *

As for People's Revolutionaries, yeah they should have Tankettes as basic scouts and swarm units. Also the only faction that can train mortar infantry unit from the barracks. Theirs tactics would be about blowing things to dust with artillery then sending a giant army of light infantry and medium tanks to occupy the area. They would have better defensive options and faster infantry training than the Alliance, but have worse basic vehicles all overall until doctrine specialized units come in.

I really am loving the idea here X1.
Perhaps you'd like to post some pictures which show your inspiration for each faction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cracky
post 25 Apr 2015, 13:01
Post #61

Mongrel
Group Icon

Member No.: 10294

SN

June 26 2198

Ed Adamska, High-ranking commander in the EDF went AWOL for Unknown purposes.

July 7 2198

Adamska started negotiating with terrorists and traitor countries as well as giving them EDF military surplus.

September 2 2198

Adamska formed the Shadow Nation in private and handpicked the most seasoned of terrorists and outcast to join it's ranks.

September 5 2198

Adamska Ordered his terrorist brothers to keep the EDF busy until the SN reaches full development.

January 8 2199

SN ambushes and takes out EDF task force in Afghanistan.

February 12 2199, 2:35 AM

SN raids EDF's most advanced military technology research lab and steal all kinds of plans, equipment and technology.

February 23 2199

SN sends messengers to countries and saying that there is still hope for a free world despite all the order and dictatorship the EDF has brought upon.

February 27 2199

Massive unrest and anarchy on 40% of the world's countries

June 14 2199

SN hacks global media and reveals themselves publicly.

August 1 2199

SN now has 40% of the world's countries.

2199 - 2299

SN's ultimate goal is to achieve a world without dictatorship, communism and a little bit of order, free will and mentality.

Adamska left the EDF because of what might happen if the EDF we're to fully take over the world. A world without free mentality, free will, and having to follow strict daily/work routines.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 13:09
Post #62

Group Icon

QUOTE (Crackerjack17 @ 25 Apr 2015, 22:01) *
SN

June 26 2198

Ed Adamska, High-ranking commander in the EDF went AWOL for Unknown purposes.

July 7 2198

Adamska started negotiating with terrorists and traitor countries as well as giving them EDF military surplus.

September 2 2198

Adamska formed the Shadow Nation in private and handpicked the most seasoned of terrorists and outcast to join it's ranks.

September 5 2198

Adamska Ordered his terrorist brothers to keep the EDF busy until the SN reaches full development.

January 8 2199

SN ambushes and takes out EDF task force in Afghanistan.

February 12 2199, 2:35 AM

SN raids EDF's most advanced military technology research lab and steal all kinds of plans, equipment and technology.

February 23 2199

SN sends messengers to countries and saying that there is still hope for a free world despite all the order and dictatorship the EDF has brought upon.

February 27 2199

Massive unrest and anarchy on 40% of the world's countries

June 14 2199

SN hacks global media and reveals themselves publicly.

August 1 2199

SN now has 40% of the world's countries.

2199 - 2299

SN's ultimate goal is to achieve a world without dictatorship, communism and a little bit of order, free will and mentality.

Adamska left the EDF because of what might happen if the EDF we're to fully take over the world. A world without free mentality, free will, and having to follow strict daily/work routines.

An excellent idea,
a faction that appreciates free will and essentially uses all sorts of tactics to achieve this. Both of these have a "the end justifies the means" mentality, which, I believe is a great idea. I'd imagine while the EDF's forces have a sort of static technological level- ubertanks and ballistic weaponry, whereas the Shadow Nation has a massive rift between its high-tech professional forces and its poorly equipped protesters and grassroot rebels.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 25 Apr 2015, 13:29
Post #63

Group Icon

Directorate and Remnant Inspiration

Directorate:

http://worldbuildingschool.com/wp-content/...sha-d4n3584.jpg
Directorate Special Forces hunting Partisans in Northern Russia.

Remnant:

Edit: Hmmm
I can't post resized images as resized, could someone give me the BB Code for it please.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 25 Apr 2015, 13:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Apr 2015, 17:16
Post #64

Guardsman
Group Icon

QUOTE (Adoge @ 25 Apr 2015, 12:49) *
I really am loving the idea here X1.
Perhaps you'd like to post some pictures which show your inspiration for each faction.

Hmm.......Haven't thought about this.

In my imagination, the Iron Dream is a mix of different historical and fictional armies but none of them is exactly close to it so finding pictures wouln't be easy.

I can try to give some unit examples though.

The People's Revolutionaries took inspirations from WW2 Chinese National Revolutionary Army along with the 8th Route Army which eventually become the PLA. Also from Vietnam war.

As for the Alliance, they're supposed to be the generic mixed of RA Allied and old German/British imperials when it come to looks.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 25 Apr 2015, 17:24

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 26 Apr 2015, 0:11
Post #65

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 26 Apr 2015, 2:16) *
Hmm.......Haven't thought about this.

In my imagination, the Iron Dream is a mix of different historical and fictional armies but none of them is exactly close to it so finding pictures wouln't be easy.

I can try to give some unit examples though.

The People's Revolutionaries took inspirations from WW2 Chinese National Revolutionary Army along with the 8th Route Army which eventually become the PLA. Also from Vietnam war.

As for the Alliance, they're supposed to be the generic mixed of RA Allied and old German/British imperials when it come to looks.

Iron Dream I imagine is hard to describe but I'll just guess Nazi Ubertanks?, south American military regimes etc.

The PR, I get the idea of a faction with very worn out uniforms and variously crappy-made tanks, and guys in civilian clothes.

As for the Alliance, I can see where your coming from; High tech sort of Imperialistic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 26 Apr 2015, 1:59
Post #66

Group Icon

A little story on the formation of the Directorate: part 1

For years people had spoken of conspiracies within the UN, the military industrial complex and think tanks across the world. In the early 2030's, the oil crises mixed with a breakdown in order in many countries around the globe. The Council, a secretive group formed of high-ranking UN officials, civil servants, high-ranking politicians and members of the military industrial complex had begun arming its secret army. PMCs and operatives were the first among the Council's troops. Indoctrinated and purged of any who were not fully dedicated, the Council slowly began arming up. In 2035, a think tank called the "Global Institute on Order and Progress" penned a report to the UN General Assembly suggesting the formation of a new, centralised "Directorate of Nations". The suggestion was that national governments be disbanded and replaced by a central "Directorate" based in Geneva.

This suggestion was met with outrage by many, with several nations walking out of the Assembly. As Western Europe, facing unprecedented economic collapse and anarchy, was saved by the massive influx of funding and the deployment of the council's secret army to restore order. Western Europe, was therefore, the first to fall under the dominion of the "Directorate". On 8 May 2036, the UN Secretary General, a member of the Council's Inner Echelon, declared that the United Nation was disbanded. As shockwaves resonated across the world, the Directorate then went on the attack, its manpower swelled by the integration of the Western European armies. Utilising propaganda, the Directorate portrayed the Russians, Chinese and Americans as "uncivilised barbarians" who required liberation. Within a year, Western Europe had developed into a technological marvel, with universal health care, extremely fast internet and advanced technology. However, it was also under crippling Austerity and watched constantly by the security apparatus. Easter Europe fell next. In one fell swoop, the Directorate's orbital Stormtrooper units had deployed right into the hearts of Warsaw, Minsk and Kiev, seizing the cities and declaring a new era under the Directorate.

As the shock Directorate "blitzkrieg" that conquered Eastern Europe unfolded, many nations declared their allegiance to the Directorate. South Africa and it Southern African Economic Development community were the first to fold, followed by Chile, Argentina and Brazil, known better as the South America Triumvirate. With the collapse of North Korea, and the unification of Korea, Unified Korea's first president himself was a member of the Inner Echelon. Japan, Korea, Vietnam and finally, China, facing student protests bent the knee to the Directorate. Russia, facing existential collapse, with massive democracy uprisings, was saved with the arrival of Directorate transports in the skies of Moscow. Egypt and Israel as well, bent the knee to the Directorate, and became outposts for Directorate military incursions into Africa and the Middle-East. Australia and New Zealand had, along with South Africa, bent the knee early and were some of the first to receive the Directorate's guidance and blessing.

Soon only America stood as the only stable Nation against the Directorate. With Canada having bent the knee, Directorate forces stood at their Border. President John lincoln, a member of the Federalist Party, a libertarian party that had won elections for six successive years, declared that every American man, woman and child should stand with the American military and take up arms against the globalist forces of the Directorate. He declared:
"Since 1783, our great nation has been a beacon of hope to the world. For the first time in history, we face a threat greater than any other we have ever faced. To the North and across the seas, the armies of the Globalist Hegemon, the Directorate gathers. For years America has stood against tyranny, but now tyranny has come to our shores. They will take our weapons, they will take our freedom, they will ban our religions and indoctrinate our children. They will force us to be vaccinated, and ban marijuana. They will watch us in our homes and on our street. They will kill those who fight against them from the skies with the push of a button, they will put those who disagree in camps dedicated to their elimination and they will impose taxes upon everything we own. I call upon every American man, woman and child to take up arms against tyranny, just as our founding fathers did. Stand for a free America!"

A week later, a Directorate orbital satellite obliterated Philadelphia and their forces invaded America. The symbolic blow forced the capitulation of the American government, but across the country, the militias still stood strong, and across the world, the people began to awaken, and resistance began to form. John Lincoln would later reemerge as leader of the Continental Army, the American wing of the Liberation Army, who also operates Partisan groups in Directorate-occupied areas.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 26 Apr 2015, 11:06

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 26 Apr 2015, 2:43
Post #67

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Murican Units:
Civilian: Free unit, armed with either a shotgun or pistol. Becomes a greenhorn when first supplied with gear.
Greenhorn: Rookie soldier. Has potential. Rapidly gains exp, including from seeing allies lost, once it levels high enough, it becomes a Veteran. If it destroys an enemy structure, it becomes a Commando the next time it resupplies.
Veteran: Grizzled soldier from the last war called in for one last mission.
Commando: Special forces soldier. Flies in on helicopter, less capable in combat than Veteran but has special abilities.
Defector: Enemy that changed sides. Russkies are equivalent to a Veteran, Terrorists never change sides and Cultists lose their magic, but can use counter-curses.
Abrams: Tank. Crewed by 4 close-knit brothers-in-arms. Losing one of them temporarily puts the tank in "Revenge" mode, massively boosting it's damage and resilience. Afterwards, gaining a new crew member penalizes the tank and his death does not trigger Revenge Mode. He becomes a fellow tanker after a while, this process is instantly completed by leveling up.
F-22 Ace: Cool slick ace. can damage plane to pull manuveurs it isn't physically capable of.
F-22 Wingman: Support unit to the ace, if it gets enough kills, it becomes it's own ace and both gain their own wingmen on the next time they land.
AC-130 Gunship: Tempoary power-spawned unit: Damage increases based on number of enemies nearby and how much damage allies have taken.

I just thought of two new factions

Task Force Awesome: Prototype Good guy task force using railguns, walkers, and super-heavy tanks.
The Cabal: Alien-backed conspiracy armed with laser guns, mutagenic weaponry, and hovercraft.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 26 Apr 2015, 3:14
Post #68

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 26 Apr 2015, 11:43) *
Murican Units:
Civilian: Free unit, armed with either a shotgun or pistol. Becomes a greenhorn when first supplied with gear.
Greenhorn: Rookie soldier. Has potential. Rapidly gains exp, including from seeing allies lost, once it levels high enough, it becomes a Veteran. If it destroys an enemy structure, it becomes a Commando the next time it resupplies.
Veteran: Grizzled soldier from the last war called in for one last mission.
Commando: Special forces soldier. Flies in on helicopter, less capable in combat than Veteran but has special abilities.
Defector: Enemy that changed sides. Russkies are equivalent to a Veteran, Terrorists never change sides and Cultists lose their magic, but can use counter-curses.
Abrams: Tank. Crewed by 4 close-knit brothers-in-arms. Losing one of them temporarily puts the tank in "Revenge" mode, massively boosting it's damage and resilience. Afterwards, gaining a new crew member penalizes the tank and his death does not trigger Revenge Mode. He becomes a fellow tanker after a while, this process is instantly completed by leveling up.
F-22 Ace: Cool slick ace. can damage plane to pull manuveurs it isn't physically capable of.
F-22 Wingman: Support unit to the ace, if it gets enough kills, it becomes it's own ace and both gain their own wingmen on the next time they land.
AC-130 Gunship: Tempoary power-spawned unit: Damage increases based on number of enemies nearby and how much damage allies have taken.

I just thought of two new factions

Task Force Awesome: Prototype Good guy task force using railguns, walkers, and super-heavy tanks.
The Cabal: Alien-backed conspiracy armed with laser guns, mutagenic weaponry, and hovercraft.

Please tell me this would have an epic action-movie narrator as an announcer as well .

And the USA theme has to be Murica FUCK Yeah on loop as they unleash shock and awe on everyone.

Please tell me there is a special pwer to call in Colonel McClane, a NYPD officer turned badass US Army commando.

TFA and the Cabal sound so good.

So TFA will have mechs and railguns and ubertanks.
and Cabal will have greys and mutagens and ufos.
Oh god, I think I just shit my pants.

Man this would be a great RTS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 26 Apr 2015, 5:32
Post #69

Group Icon

The Rise of the Remnant

The Directorate's take-over and globalisation of its message did not resound with as much of the global population as the Council thought. The implementation of a system designed to excercise effective and beneficial yet totalitarian control over the world was not greeted with what the Directorate expected. The Directorate believed in effective economics, austerity to ensure economic success, universal health-care and technology, militarism and globalisation. Central to the Directorate was the idea of scientific rationalism. Science was a central tenant to effective governance, it believed, and religion represented an element of division in society. Religion is seen by the Directorate as a threat to a unified and globalised One World Government. It represents division and lack of unity within society, for so often had conflict been pursued because of religion. Culture too, the Directorate saw a threat. Culture lead to differences and diversity, to the Directorate, diversity stopped at Skin colour, all were citizens of a Global Directorate. Centralised, godless and cultureless global government. Indeed some iconic villages within Switzerland and Austria, particularly in the Alps, have been replaced with giant metallic structures- various command centres, administration buildings and secret experimental labs. The Taj Mahal is now a museum to the Old Order, the Great Wall of China has been rebuilt from scratch and turned into a massive defensive wall manned by the Directorate Security forces.

The Directorate's actions against culture and religion, as well as their harsher policies regarding normal life, drew a huge amount of opposition, despite the massive security apparatus the Directorate operated. In the aftermath of the invasion of America, the war is technically still going on there technically, the Directorate's opposition has emerged into the light. Collectively they are referred to as the Remnant, in reference of their ideologies and beliefs centering around the beliefs of the Old World. Based in Kazakstan, the Remnant seeks to return the world to democracy and national boundaries. Several groups within the Remnant exist: The Liberation Army is the amalgamation of many former National militiaries and soldiers along with militias who believe in protecting their old way of living. The Liberation Army is the hierarchy of these groups, who still operate on an individual level. The most prominent force of the Liberation Army is the Continental Army, led by former Libertarian President John Lincoln- this group is a force mixing former Military units with Militias and Freedom Riders. However, there are still many groups that exist outside this chain of command and do not receive the military equipment.

The next group, the Partisans operate around the world, mainly within Directorate territory. They are in no way united, Freedom fighters and protestors, they seek to liberate themselves from the Directorate and are mostly made up of everyday people, civilians simply seeking a better life. The partisans do have representatives at the Remnant home base, the Baikonur Cosmodrome, however they simply operate within their immediately local areas, with the exception of the Mexican partisans, who are unified and control the entire countryside with the exception of the cities, where the Directorate has dug in.

The third sect of sorts, are the Chaos Cells, not officially represented at the Remnant, the Chaos Cells are adherents to the belief of the deputy -leader of the Remnant, Sambuiko Qui, who herself believes the Remnant should replace the Directorate with a world based on 20th Century Anarchy. However, her followers in the Chaos Cells have taken this to mean that chaos should be unleashed upon the world. The CHaos Cells have made the most progress, with the Partisans mainly only operating small operations, and the Liberation Army fighting a more defensive war in America, the Middle East and Central Asia. The Chaos Cells have "liberated" Burma, Thailand, Indonesia and Brazil because they are willing to use almost any weapon to destroy the establishment. There are also Chaos Cells present in Africa, however given the chaos that occurs in Central Africa and the fact that both the Partisans and Liberation Army have contacts in the Warlords and Tribes there, Central Africa is not claimed by anyone. The Directorate fears the Chaos Cells the most, while the Inner Echelon is in agreement that the Partisans and Liberation Army can be brought to negotiations once they witness the full might of the Directorate, the Chaos Cells are mad. The Cells are willing to use a dirty nuke in the middle of a city, unleash stolen Sarin-strain gas into the subway to spread throughout a Directorate city, will kill anyone who surrenders and care little for civilians lives. While the Directorate itself is not phased by using its WMDs and Kill Sats to annihilate cities and wipe out resistance, it finds an enemy who does this and is willing to go further, a great threat to its ambitions of glbal Order, Progress and Security.

There are still some areas that have little to no resistance against the Directorate: Western Europe, China and Australia are the major areas. Western Europe, given it was the first area to join the Directorate, has reaped the benefits of Universal Health-Care, scientific rationalism and Directorate aid. China has long been totalitarian, indeed almost overnight the Communist Party was replaced with the Inner Echelon. The Chinese security apparatus was molded into a sleeker Directorate version and the Directorate took lessons from the Chinese security apparatus as well and applied it to their own Global one. Australia is the third, its close proximity to Indonesia and Papua New Guinea has led to a population sympathetic to the Directorate. Every night, the Directorate media networks beam images of the Chaos Cells brutality in South-East Asia and the Directorate military campaign to reclaim it. As such, these three countries form the backbone of the Directorate, along with Canada, South Africa and Korea.

The Remnant leadership, led by Command-in-chief Jacob Vance, has long been based in what was once-Kazakstan. The Central Asian country has long offered a haven for the Remnant. Astana, the capital of former-Kazakstan was declared the headquarters of the Remnant. From Astana, the former Remnant commander-in-chief Divya pattel declared the first free nation, Kazakstan. Moments after the Remnant hacked into the Directorate Global Network and played the video across the world, urging citizens to rise up against tyranny, the Inner Echelon authorised the use of one of the Directorate's new "Citykiller" Laser Satellites against Astana. Three million civilians perished, including Pattel and most of the Remnant leadership. The shattered remains of the Remnant, led by newly appointed CIC Jacob Vance and his deputy Sambuiko Qui, were evacuated to beneath the Baikonur Cosmodrome, where the Remnant now directs its global war from. In bunkers and tunnels below the Cosmodrome Vance and his rebels prepare to take the fight to Geneva and overthrow the Directorate and the Inner Echelon

I hope you have enjoyed reading the main two backstory parts about my Directorate vs Remnant idea, please feel free to post any criticism and thoughts as it would be greatly appreciated. I will be postig more stories and background related to this idea as well as any other new ideas I come across.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 26 Apr 2015, 11:05

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 26 Apr 2015, 10:11
Post #70

Group Icon

Major groups and characters of the Directorate vs Remnant world:

Jacob Vance
Commander-in-chief of the Remnant, Vance is a former small business owner-turned revolutionary. Thrust into the leadership following the destruction of Astana, Vance is dedicated to liberating all of the world from the Directorate and installing democracy. While Agnostic, he believes everyone should have a right to worship. He decries the destruction of states and lost his sister to a Directorate death camp in Canada. He has a personal grudge against the Directorate, and wishes to see it burn. He was a proud Canadian until canada was fused into the North American Union and yearns for the days of Canada. However, he is an ideologue, who believes in the Remnants cause fervently, which leaves him manipulated by certain factions in the Remnant.

John Lincoln
Former Six Year president of the United States, Lincoln was from the libertarian Freedom Party. Under his two terms he legalised marijuana, made almost all firearms legal and disbanded a large amount of the military-industrial complex. He was infamous for siding with several militias and pardoning them during a standoff with federal law enforcement. He is now the leader of the Continental Army, a force comprising of militias and ex-US military personnel who are digging in in the midwest. He has tattooed the Nuclear launch codes onto his arm, and seeks out the former NORAD base to utilise the Nukes to destroy the Directorate.

The Inner Echelon
The higher levels of the Directorate government including the Supreme Echelon or Council, the Overseers of the various Unions, and the relative military, industrial, security and economic heads. The Supreme Echelon comprises of a roundtable of 12 seats. Each of these seats represent a different Corps (Department) within the Directorate. Security, Military, the Economy, Science Corps, Industry, Social Corps, Administration etc. Some jurisdictions overlap- for example Military and Security overlap in terms of jurisdiction of the Black Section, so therefore Military has command over them, while security oversees funding and equipment. Similarly, the Science Corps and Military overlap on the Advanced Weapons forces, and so a similar structure occurs. The 6 Overseers of the world (+ the Special Administrator for Antarctica) also sit on the Supreme Echelon. Below them are various advisors and administrators from the different Corps. These people all oversee the functioning of the Directorate as whole, and its efficient management and war effort.

- Security Corps: This Corps and their Council member represent the Directorate's Security Apparatus and the multiple agencies that make it up. The corps operate surveillance of the billions of people within the Directorate, counter-terrorism operations, and cooperating with the Military Corps to destroy the Remnant.

- Military Corps: The officers and civil servants that make up the Military's hierarchy. This Corps is responsible for allocating funding, commanding the military and ensuring military campaigns are up to scratch. This is the largest Corps in terms of manpower and funding.

- Economic Corps: Setting various economic policy and allocating funding to various public works. The Economic Corps is in charge of the Directorate's ecnonomic policy and, as such, oversees the massive austerity policies initiated by the Directorate to ensure the maintenance of the Directorate machine and repair all nations across te globe.

- Science Corps: Science and Rationalism are important parts of the Directorate and as such an entire corps is dedicate to it. The Science Corps pursues the development of new technologies to improve the quality of life in the Directorate. The Science Corps is also in charge of pursuing a less public policy of the Directorate. Research into eugenics. While the Directorate promotes the equality of genders and races, it seeks to create pure citizens loyal only to the Global Directorate.

- Industrial Corps: Industry and manufacturing are important to the Directorate and as such, this Corps is dedicated to it. Whether developing the Directorate's latest Uber Tank and atmospheric transport, to building a new smart device to interconnect the citizens of the Directorate, the Industrial Corps is charged with mass-producing all equipment for the Directorate.

- Social Corps: Drugs, alcohol and entertainment, the Social Corps maintains propaganda and social policies for the masses. The Social corps makes laws relating to social activities and is responsible for banning drugs and heavily taxing alcohol (on top of already crippling austerity) as well as maintaining laws and policy on social issues.

- Administration Corps: The Corps that ties it all together. The Administration Corps oversees the making of laws, updating of the Canon of the Directorate (their constitution) as well as insuring cooperation between the other corps.

- Space Corps: A relatively new corps, this corps is dedicated to developing the equipment, planning and technology as well as manpower needed for future colonisations of the Moon and Mars. The Space Corps, given its role, also cooperates with the Science and Military Corps over the operations of satellites and orbital weapons.

Sambuiko Qui
Born of an Indonesian mother and Chinese father, Sambuiko and her family moved to Thailand. She grew up in a lower-socio economic area in Bangkok, known for its frequent violence and disregard for the rule of law. In 2021, as chaos began to envelope the globe, Sambuiko became part of an Anarchist group dedicated to the overthrow of the military/police junta: the Peace and Order Council. She and her friends, were among those who, in the Yellow Revolution of 2023, marched in the streets against the junta. Her parents were killed in a Junta airstrike against her slum, and she lost many friends to the riot police and troops sent into the lower areas of Bangkok. Following the failed revolution, she fled to America with money she had stolen from a bank during the chaos of the Yellow Revolution. She studied political science and graduated as the Directorate seized power in Australia, China and South Africa. The Directorate's rise led her to join the remnant, as such she is a powerful voice in it, given her anarchist views and her messiah status in the Chaos Cells.

Continental Army
Soldiers, militias and civilians of the former United States, the Continental army is led by the great libertarian John Lincoln. The Army operates out of the devastated mid-west. He and his men fight to liberate America from the godless and cultureless Directorate. The Continental Army uses equipment from the former US Army and shames the Liberation Army equipment sent to it. While having contact and being a member of the Liberation Army, the Continentals operate of their own accord. Their actions have led to the Directorate retaliating with kill sat strikes devastating entire towns. However Lincoln and his men continue to fight on.

more to come...

This post has been edited by Adoge: 2 Oct 2015, 6:00

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 27 Apr 2015, 3:35
Post #71

Group Icon

Given that my Directorate vs Remnant idea is my flagship idea right now, I just wanted to put some notes I jotted down today.

Possible ideas for new factions.

Anarchy vs Order

Libertarians vs Fascists

Interventionists vs non-interventionists

Defensive faction vs powerhouse

Hive mentality faction vs freedom of thought

Military Junta vs rebels/protestors.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 27 Apr 2015, 4:42
Post #72

Group Icon

UNIT AND GENERALS LIST

Each Faction would have 5 Generals:
so far this is what I have:
Basilisk:
Shock and Awe General (Combines mobile armour and an aggressive air force)- American (African-American)
Mechanized Command (Heavy Armour foregoing any major air-power excluding the V-44 transport aircraft)- German
Future Warfare (Advanced weapons but expensive)- Austrian
SOCOM (Special Forces)- British

Echelon
Skullface (A cyberwarfare operator who can spy on his enemies and unleash various electronic weapons on his enemies, he would also have a mix of anarchist and other anti-establishment forces who are being manipulated into fighting Basilisk.) - True identity unknown
Roland "the headless gunner" (A Danish commander whose units unleash brutal firepower on their enemies at the expense of armour, his unit is often so brutal and wastes so much ammunition that other aspects of Echelon have called them the 'Headless Gunners')- Danish

Basilisk:
The Abrams (Shock and Awe)
A-10 (Shock and Awe)
Fennek
Panzerhaubitz 2000
M270 MLRS
F-35
Eurocopter Tiger
Elefant 2 Tank Destroyer
Panzerhaubitz 3000 (Future War)
Leopard 2A8
Thel Laser mounted on M270
SAS Sniper (SOCOM)
M270 Supply gatherer
Spz Puma IFV (Tank Command)
Apache (Shock and Awe)
Bradley (Shock and Awe)
Enforcer (basic Infantry)
Gepard 2+ (Tank Command)
Dachs (Builder Unit)
Stryker (Repairs units)
AVRE

Echelon
Armata MBT (light version)
O-4
Anarchist (Skull face)
Super Hind
Mi Mil 8+ (Constructor)
Contractor (basic Infantry)
Drone controller
SAW gunner (Roland)
Armoured Light Attack Insertion Vehicle (LAIV)
Tunguska (Roland)
G-60 Artillery (A modernised version of the G-6)

This post has been edited by Adoge: 28 Apr 2015, 0:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 27 Apr 2015, 11:09
Post #73

Group Icon

Let me ask a question:

What two sort of playstyles or asymmetrical factions do you like? And is ideology a factor in this sort of design?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 28 Apr 2015, 3:06
Post #74

Group Icon

-Invasion confirmed: Have all of your available combat units get inside transport aircrafts and deliver them directly into the enemy base. The transport aircrafts cannot be destroyed.

I was looking back through what was posted and see if I could offer anymore advice.
Just looking at this power X1, it seems a little overpowered, as it is literally a massive invincible portal. I mean you could give the Iron Dream massive starlifter-like transports that are tough, but this seems a little over-powered. However, I haven't seen what other factions get so I guess I can't really comment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 28 Apr 2015, 11:12
Post #75

Group Icon

Had this idea for a while... yes its Machines vs Humans.

The end of World War 3 and the devastation it brought to the world entered humanity into a new stage, nations collapsed, humanity faced extinction on a mass scale. Water poisoned and destruction wrought upon every aspect of life. The destruction that was wrought upon the world was terrible. Nations collapsed and communities emerged across the world. The War between the USSR and the US had devastated the world and in the year 2050, humanity had begun to slowly interconnect again.

In the dying says of World War 3, the US and USSR put their Nuclear Weapons and Factories under the control of experimental AIs, to ensure efficiency. Aptly named HYDRA (US) and Objekt 242 (USSR), these AIs were given increasing control over the US and USSR military infrastructure, then someone pressed the button, hell maybe neither President did, but it happened, in a flash Europe and North America disintegrated and the rest of the world in chaos. Unbeknownst to the rest of the world, the AIs had fused themselves into a single entity, the Collective. Utilising the factories they once controlled, the collective built many machines under their control, to decimate the remnants of humanity. Using the surrounding ruins of cities as resources to fuel their construction, the collective has slowly expanded, building its massive nexuses across the world, assimilating land into their Hives. The machines operate a battery that runs purely on biomass, creating it into a liquid that can power machines for months. THis biomass can be any plant, animal or even human life. These batteries can run for a long time, however, slowly, as the biomass runs out, machines become slower, requiring them to refill their battery. The nuclear war, however, damaged the infrastructure of the Collective, and it split into three distinct personalities, still tied to the collective, but different in their tactics:

- Abaddon: Aggressive, brutal and uncompromising, its weapons tower on the battlefield, destroying its enemies with brute force.

- Azrael: Its weapons are psychological and shock and awe, utilising fear and speed, it surprises and decimates its enemies.

- LEGION: It utilises hordes of cheap machine, designed to overwhelm the enemy with quantity.

However humanity is not finished, under the Dublin council, humaity is fortifying against the machines in South America, China, Australia and the ruins of the Middle East and Africa.

The human resistance has access to three doctrines:

- Spec Ops- what it says on the tin, sneaky and mobile, with the ability to move some of their buildings. Gives the Resistance command centre camouflage.

- Advanced Weapons: More defensive and air-focused, the AW doctrine gives players more cannon options. AW gives the Resistance CC a Radar.

- Scavenger: using eastern bloc weapons, the scavenger focus on buffs. For example their units can in the field "scavenge some armour, which buffs the units armour for a short time, but slowly increases the damage dealt.

I can't decide whether the Collective units should be like silver and white with sky blue housecolour or black and grey with red.

I will post unit lists later.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 28 Apr 2015, 11:21

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:53