Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shockwave > Trojan
Abertawe
post 3 Sep 2013, 12:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10111

Hello, new to the community and to Shockwave and already I have a problem.

Having played ZH for many years and enjoying every bit of it I have become bored of the normal play and decided to get a new mod, so after doing some searching I came across Shockwave and downloaded it.
Now once it was downloaded I extracted the file and opened up the installer and the mod was installed without any problems so after that I tested it out and liked what I saw however, about halfway through a skirmish round on a 2 player map my anti virus started singing and a popup came up telling me that shw_nor.exe was infected with a trojan.

Okay, so I decided to remove the file but for whatever reason AVG failed to remove it...Or had it? After checking the ZH folder there was no such file in there. Good I thought...I'll try re-installing the mod to see if that fixes things and nope, another popup came up saying there are behavioral changes from the shw_11.exe so I had to remove that as well.

I had downloaded the mod through MODDB/Gamefront.

I recommend everyone should scan the .exe before installing the mod.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Abertawe
post 4 Sep 2013, 11:41
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10111

Sorry for the double post.
After downloading SHW mod again, re-scanning with AVG found no threats. After this I started doing a full scan of the pc and opened up the SHW launcher, clicked on start and the game started however due to a lot of lag I had ended the process and not five minutes after that an AVG popup window was shown on screen with the same message as I had yesterday.
IDP.Trojan.512A4614

It seems that such a threat keeps originating with the shw_nor.exe and also infects the Shw_11.exe...
I am wondering if anyone has a non-infected shw_nor.exe or the installer?

This post has been edited by Abertawe: 4 Sep 2013, 11:49

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 4 Sep 2013, 18:21
Post #3

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

I'm pretty sure that Shockwave isn't infected by a Trojan and you security system just thinks that it is I also have AVG and it thinks the same thing and I've disregarded it and let Shockwave run and have yet to encounter any problems

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 4 Sep 2013, 20:13
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

antivirus sometimes detected exe files that aren't dangerous has dangerous.i haven't have any problem qith shockwave

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 6 Sep 2013, 2:30
Post #5

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

AVG is just a bit trigger-happy with the virus detection.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 14:08