Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Messing with Shockwave 1.1 !Shw_ini.gib file
Fee Fie Foe Fum!
post 7 Feb 2015, 3:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10854

I hope its alright if i modify your mod. I do and use it for my own to learn about modding cnc generals

i tried modding it directly using FinalBIG, the problem of this is its lack of undo/redo feature in its text-editor. Although there is a ReleaseCrashInfo.txt and SHW Worldbuilder that helps me whenever i've made a mistake as it shows what string line that causes error, here comes a crash log that i can't do anything about:

Release Crash at Fri Feb 06 19:56:08 2015
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Last error:
Exception is access violation
WinMain at 401700
Error code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Description: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Access address:00000008 was read from.

this crash happens after the "You are Victorious" pops out in the game and now i'm back from scratch.

I tried using TibEd, make a new project using this file but this doesn't show the new generals added in the mod not to mention that it hangs if i reopen the project.

Are .gib and .big files the same? i don't see any error message when i open it with TibEd and FinalBig

Are there any more convenient ways of modding that i do not have to modify the original shockwave mod files?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Fee Fie Foe Fum!
post 7 Feb 2015, 14:53
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10854

Tried this and my changes works in shockwave mod. Thanks to this info, I thought shockwave launcher only uses .gib files and ignore whatever in ZH data folder. Things are a bit more convenient now smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 16:23