My Many Questions, (hopefully answered)
XoGamer
post 3 Mar 2017, 23:38
Post #1

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12634

To begin, I would like to say that the devs nor anyone else has to answer these questions, especially if they happen to touch 2.0 unrevealed content ground, but I decided to fit all my many questions in one thread to have them all answered rather than having multiple threads ~

1) Since China's advanced artillery, the nuke cannon, is going to be specific to a general in 2.0 does this mean that all the other generals will get another advanced artillery?

2) is MOAB ever coming back? boom8.gif

3) Is China going to get a generic ECM tank and General Jin going to get the "Banshee ECM Tank" (which I suppose is a better version) or is there going to be some other different arrangement?

4) Why can't terrorists ride cars anymore?

5) Can Jarmen Kell stinger-snipe a generals power aircraft or a cargo aircraft?

6) Why can't you re-repair a reinforcement pad like you can oil derricks and refineries, it'd therefore make a bigger presence on the battlefield?

That's all for now I might have more questions later.

(This is NOT supposed to be a fishing thread, I am curious and you don't have to answer any of it - some of these questions are todo with current PB)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 3 Mar 2017, 23:39
Post #2

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

One of these is a duplicate delete it - my comp is laggy

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 3 Mar 2017, 23:51
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

4. Because Terror Cars were pretty much breaking the game (its why ZH has a version of tournament desert with no cars) since they basically acted as free easy snipes on dozers, supply trucks or a power if you combine two of them onto a power plant, and there isn't neccesarily a point to having terror cars now if terrorist on the ground is better in terms of speed and turn rate.

5. Jarmen in the past could do it but it was extremely broken as 1 shotting GP planes was ridiculous, hence he had forgo the ability to target GP planes with his stinger.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 3 Mar 2017, 23:52

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 4 Mar 2017, 0:23
Post #4

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 3 Mar 2017, 23:38) *
1) Since China's advanced artillery, the nuke cannon, is going to be specific to a general in 2.0 does this mean that all the other generals will get another advanced artillery?
3) Is China going to get a generic ECM tank and General Jin going to get the "Banshee ECM Tank" (which I suppose is a better version) or is there going to be some other different arrangement?
6) Why can't you re-repair a reinforcement pad like you can oil derricks and refineries, it'd therefore make a bigger presence on the battlefield?

1) Most likely
2) No
3) Not disclosed yet
4) Because they run like crazy tongue.gif
5) He shouldn't. If he does, it's a bug
6) Because diversity of gameplay.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
8igDaddy8lake
post 4 Mar 2017, 2:04
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10285

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 3 Mar 2017, 17:38) *
2) is MOAB ever coming back?

2. Russian FOAB is basically the MOAB, it would be silly for two different factions to have the exact same rank 5 ability.

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 4 Mar 2017, 8:21
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 4 Mar 2017, 3:38) *
To begin, I would like to say that the devs nor anyone else has to answer these questions, especially if they happen to touch 2.0 unrevealed content ground, but I decided to fit all my many questions in one thread to have them all answered rather than having multiple threads ~

That's all for now I might have more questions later.

(This is NOT supposed to be a fishing thread, I am curious and you don't have to answer any of it - some of these questions are todo with current PB)

4. Because they run faster than each car now
5. It's OP when 1 unit can deny whole GP plane
6. Maybe dev-s will make all tech buildings able to re-build in future, but now there are many other balance and bug problems which are more important

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 4 Mar 2017, 9:25
Post #7

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Sure buddy, your a nice fella we'll help you out.

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 4 Mar 2017, 1:38) *

So then lets begin;

1-)Yes the nuke cannon will be general spesific thus making the others get something else.
2-)Not unless someone wants to mod it in and at this point I wouldnt mind the B-2 getting it back just for the speed aspect, but offically? No and never
3-)The Banshee is only for Jin, the others will have that same thing in other form or ways that have yet to be revealed.
4-)They no longer own the roads, they morely love a crowd. Jokes aside this thing was a huge gimmick that was based on the map you had, previously when they werent Husain bolt on steroids they were a T0 unit.Do I have to tell you how broken it was to see a terrorist with relatively the same damage but at a car speed? Now It could be brought back but the question is; Why? Because theres no garentee theres going to be cars on every map to begin with.Plus your better off disguising battlebusses/bombtrucks/radarvans to them.
5-)I think he could before it was removed in 1.8 the AI definately could anyways and shooting down a rank 5 spectre with a default jarmen doesnt sound that cool for both sides.
6-)Because the toolbox of the guy whos shack you caputure cant be replaced, but undernearth the oil derrick or refinerry the oil there that was to be processed or extracted still remains.

I hope this answers your questions

--------------------

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 4 Mar 2017, 10:10
Post #8

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Alright thanks a ton guys,

Although... (7) Why did conscript's stealth detection go from WB to Barracks? Is it due to everyone else's stealth detection being T0 (apart from GLA that is)? and also, isn't stealth supposed to be Russia's weakness?

and (8) Why fortify your tunnel networks when you can stealth them and no one will know happy.gif ?

9) Can you hijack a disabled vehicle?

10) What is the point of garrisoning tank traps/ What is the point of tank traps anyway sleep.gif

11) Why is Hook Gunship so tough? Doesn't make better sense if it was slightly weaker and cheaper (whilst still being a tough heavy heli) to fit with other GLA units - also they are a pain to kill?

I bet you guys thinking:

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 4 Mar 2017, 10:30
Post #9

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

(8) Why fortify your tunnel networks when you can stealth them and no one will know

Tunnel Network HP was nerfed during 1.87 development, it's alot easier to kill. Fortifying it effectively gave it double the HP it normally have. In some situations, you'd want to baid enemies into trying to kill a fortified tunnels while there are 2 stealthed ones behind, popping out your grads and wrecking havoc, playing mind games on them. This is PvP centered tactics however.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 4 Mar 2017, 10:32

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 4 Mar 2017, 11:16
Post #10

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 4 Mar 2017, 12:10) *
Although... (7) Why did conscript's stealth detection go from WB to Barracks? Is it due to everyone else's stealth detection being T0 (apart from GLA that is)? and also, isn't stealth supposed to be Russia's weakness?
and (8) Why fortify your tunnel networks when you can stealth them and no one will know happy.gif ?
9) Can you hijack a disabled vehicle?
10) What is the point of garrisoning tank traps/ What is the point of tank traps anyway sleep.gif
11) Why is Hook Gunship so tough? Doesn't make better sense if it was slightly weaker and cheaper (whilst still being a tough heavy heli) to fit with other GLA units - also they are a pain to kill?

Round two!

7-)Because everyone else needed to get stealth detection or a way to deal with demotraps and other stealthy explosives.Russia is ment to have no real weakness just slow mobility and high cost.
8-)Becaue when theres a napalm strike or heavy bombardment you still need to rely on them.
9-)Which type of disable? I think you cant hijack the jarmen disables, EMP bombs or hacking you can but the duration doesnt reset, same with termites but Im not sure if you can capture a microwave disabled tank.I'd say no just to be sure.
10-)Tank traps give free garrison bonus and they provide something to shoot at before the fortification.So a medical fortification full of panzerfausts with two tank traps full of felins gives you a basic anti everything defence early on.
11-) Well GLA is supposed to have a warlord general that can brute force people other then Aleks and Bradley (Sounds barely usefull I know) This follows his theme and It was at first ment to be a way to transport workers over inpassable terrain and bikes had no slots.Then the gunship feture was added and now its heavy fire support.Think of it as a commanche with a speed slower then the hind.Oh and minus the agility

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 4 Mar 2017, 11:57
Post #11

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 4 Mar 2017, 10:10) *

Well, others answered it before, but I'd just like to add that you need to spend 3 GPs on it. So it should be worth it.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 4 Mar 2017, 12:41
Post #12

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 4 Mar 2017, 10:16) *
Russia is ment to have no real weakness

Balance at it's finest laugh.gif

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 4 Mar 2017, 10:57) *
Well, others answered it before, but I'd just like to add that you need to spend 3 GPs on it. So it should be worth it.

Good point.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 4 Mar 2017, 14:41
Post #13

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 4 Mar 2017, 11:16) *
7-)Because everyone else needed to get stealth detection or a way to deal with demotraps and other stealthy explosives.Russia is ment to have no real weakness just slow mobility and high cost.

Well, kind of. Russia's relation to stealth isn't so much "must be weak to stealth" as it is "doesn't have many stealth options".

That was actually the original plan (weak swarm helicopter), but then it was decided otherwise. Mainly because the GLA already has a weak swarm helicopter and also because the Hook was not only easier to make (the model is a modification of the Russian Hind since they have a similar hull, saving lots of work), but the sheer effect of having this huge helicopter equipped to the teeth with guns and rockets just looks plane fantastic and underlines the crazy awesomeness factor of the GLA.

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 24 Mar 2017, 8:39
Post #14

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

12) Does putting hackers in hacker vans make any difference in comparison of just getting them to hack w/out van in terms of money they make (I know that in van you can move it and still make money but is there any difference)?

13) Why does GLA have no amphibious units, will they have some in the future biggrin.gif?

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 24 Mar 2017, 8:50
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 24 Mar 2017, 9:39) *
12) Does putting hackers in hacker vans make any difference in comparison of just getting them to hack w/out van in terms of money they make (I know that in van you can move it and still make money but is there any difference)?

2000ms ticks when ungarrisoned, 1600ms ticks when garrisoned.

This post has been edited by Hanfield: 24 Mar 2017, 8:53

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 24 Mar 2017, 8:51
Post #16

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

12) yes, they will hack faster in a net centre and hack van

13) Unknown

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 24 Mar 2017, 8:55
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 24 Mar 2017, 9:39) *
13) Why does GLA have no amphibious units, will they have some in the future biggrin.gif?

They have the tank hover drives after T1 USA salvage :V

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 25 Mar 2017, 6:48
Post #18

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

The gla don't swim, they tunnel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 25 Mar 2017, 9:59
Post #19

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

It'd be pretty cool if every faction had amphibious transports and then we could have maps with islands that have oil derricks on 'em then everyone would race to get the transports so they could get oil derricks...

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 25 Mar 2017, 19:21
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

That sort of map will basically force airplay, which will favor US massively since they have t0 Airfields, and then Harriers/Helicopters will reign supreme in T1. Naval play itself is very hard to balance in ROTR too, especially since the idea is scrapped and the current unit roster wouldn't cut it for balanced naval maps.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 25 Mar 2017, 19:21

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 17:35