Shockwave Issues
-ReLaX
post 23 Nov 2015, 15:52
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12368

Hi guys,

I spoke today with Hunter and he was okay to open such a topic free for discussion.
In here I will post all major issues I have found so far sorted by armies.
Attached you can also find some tables I did to back some points up.
I didn't test every single unit which is quite impossible in a short time, but a few of them.
I am just testing now without looking at the inis.

-----------------------------------------------------

General:

1) More micro-intensive would be to let units and specifically defense structures not shoot through buildings or supplies. taking that back adds micro, which is a nice and small tweak.
2) Bullfrog should be observed in terms of drive speed and build time.
3) USA Spectre gun ship do massive damage even on level 1. Level 1 shouldn't be able to take out 1 supply stash easily. Reduce the seconds in air or weapon a little bit.
4) Decrease build time of all saboteur by a few seconds.
5) China Long range unit (granadier) as T0 unit shouldn't be available for free as it makes the game slower (more defense opportunities). Make them level 3 and descrease build time.

USA:

Airforce:
1) Not able to turn the sound off from the Combat Chinook.
2) Acolyte Drone is indeed anyoing, BUT some weapons are just good to take them down. It's an early game unit and it should stay like this I would say. I would increase to $400 and that's it.

Laser:
1) Laser Stealth Fighter should need gen promotion lvl or strat center.

Armor:
1) Strategy Center does not shoot with bombardement mode.
2) Gathering 1,4 to 1,5 stronger as all other generals. As 3 trucks are optimum for this general the truck income should be $300 instead of $450 to reach the $5500 per minute. [See 1st supply]
3) Gladiator should be strong vs infantry and aircrafts, but it takes long to kill infantry. Is there something wrong with this unit?

SW:
1) Rods from God Strike dealing too much damage.
2) Turret Paradrop can land isnide supplies.
3) Make Philadelphia Rift attackable while moving. Should need gen promotion 3 star.

GLA:

Salvage:
1) The Quad Cannon Tank maybe has an armour problem. It takes 24 shots with an RPG to take it down. 15 is a usual number. As this unit's name is Quad Cannon Tank 18 shots would also be enough. [See Armor and Firepower & here]

Demo:
1) Whenever I use a combat bike I have funny graphic problems.

Stealth:
1) Bikes are now cheaper, thats okay! But keep in mind these guys are stealthed. I recommend to set the firepower a little bit back against vehicles and buildings OR increase the costs to $400 at least. [See here]
2) Stealth was suppost do do sneaky attacks and not to face tanks head to head, therefore increase the cobra price a little by $50 or $100.
3) What's the real purpose of the Mobile Supply Stash?
4) Decrease build time of hijacker by a few seconds and make him available after the army dealer.

Special:
1) Napalm Strike might be too strong. Level 1 kills strat center already.
2) RPG Tropper has signal flares, does it have an effect?

-----------------------------------------------------

We are open to dicuss and back things up with anyything which is appropriate; mostly replays.
Please if you respond on any point name the army and the number to a reference, thanks.

Cheers, ReLaX.

This post has been edited by -ReLaX: 26 Nov 2015, 22:38
Attached File(s)
Attached File  1st_supply.rar ( 9.86K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  Armor_and_Firepower.rar ( 7.52K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 7:43