IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ROTR Recruitment Office Open for business, Public Beta Testing and more!
The_Hunter
post 28 Jan 2013, 19:25
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Greetings SWR Fans and Fanatics!
Since our latest patch did not fix the bigger problems our 1.8 release had and after having read through a lot of feedback from you guys, we did some brainstorming on what to do next.
In responce to this we have decided to start a public beta testing round for EVERYONE registered on this forum smile.gif
Just check out the new "Recruitment Office" sub-forum for all the details.

In addition to all this, some of us now have full-time jobs which means that the amount of work and time we can devote to Rise Of The Reds is somewhat limited now.
Therefore, we are looking for texture artists to help us create new assets for both our factions and maps such as vehicles, civilian structures and landmarks.

We do have some basic requirements if you wish to join our team:
-Able to replicate other texture styles or willing to learn how to do so
-At least a few years of experience with Photoshop or comparable program
-Optional- A sense of humor (we might slap you if you don't have one)
-Optional- Knowledge on how to use modeling programs like Maya or 3DSMax

So if you are that kind of person who has the above requirements (or if you think you'r badass enough without them) drop us a line on our forums, send us a PM on ModDB, or drop an E-mail at hunter649[at]gmail[dot].com

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pizzaturd
post 29 Jan 2013, 6:04
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9688

Hello ROTR. I would love to be able to help you, but I, like many others, have no experience with texture styling or photoshop. All I've ever done is made a crappy map or too. I would love to learn how to do these things, but I know you guys have more important things to do than lead noobs by the hand and guide them through these processes. However, if you could give us links to sites, tools, youtube channels even you guys just recording yourselves doing these, many of us could begin learning how to do these things. I, with many others that have a desire to learn would be able to self teach. Maybe in a month to year, you'd have many new grunts to do work for you. If you do, I will try my hardest to learn, and I will try my best to help. Thank you if you can..... If you cannot, I understand.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 29 Jan 2013, 12:27
Post #3

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Great picture there. Laffed my rear end off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 29 Jan 2013, 21:50
Post #4

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9248

I sent a message to The_Hunter because I didn't know we were posting here, but here goes nothing.

W-illing to learn how to replicate texture Styles
-At least 1 year of experience with Photoshop and a few with paint.net
-Optional- A sense of humor (maybe, that might be too much work)
-Optional- Knowledge on how to use modeling programs Gmax and AutoCAD

I have a good amount of civilian buildings and units I have designed ON PAPER, and I am currently recreating those in Gmax.
I have a large chunk of freetime each weekday I can put towards creating. GMT -6
If you have any questions, or an acceptance or denial, just PM me.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 2 Feb 2013, 2:42
Post #5

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

This would do much better if cloned into the ROTR forums, as more people would see it. No one ever checks this area, and half the people have no idea about this.

Also, to all guests: You must be REGISTERED and LOGGED IN in order to access the beta.

+Quote Post
Nikon
post 2 Feb 2013, 19:02
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9080

Greetings ROTR team...I do not have any experience with high end graphics programs..but what I do have is testing experience...I extensively tested The Forgotten a CNC3 TW mod which I am in the credits..I also am helping the Untitled (a ZH mod) team with map issues.

So where do I sign up for the beta testing???

+Quote Post
Nikon
post 2 Feb 2013, 19:22
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9080

To facilitate testing and not have to re install Zero hour everytime it may get corrupted...I have devised a strategy that may be useful to those who desire to employ it.

1. Install Zero Hour and patch is to 1.04
2. Create a folder to contain the program files
3. Copy the contents of the program files and paste them into the folder from step 2
4. install the test build and test...if gets corrupted..then delete the contents of the Zero Hour program files.
5. Copy and past the clean Zero Hour files back into the program folder and re install test build.

I do this with all my mods and it only takes a short time to reinstate Zero Hour...meaning I just copy and paste the files when I want to play that particular mod.

For example

Folder Name: Zero Hour Mods

Folder Name: Zero Hour Clean
Folder Name: ROTR version x.x(insert version at x.x)
Folder Name: Shockwave 1.1

I think you get the idea...this only takes a few short minutes to make happen.

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 28 Feb 2013, 0:11
Post #8

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9248

QUOTE (StarWaker @ 18 Feb 2013, 20:35) *
I'm sorry if this post was not intended to be here. And also sorry for wasting anyone's time with this. I hope it causes no trouble. Pleas forgive me.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to pray for forgiveness.

+Quote Post
Red Alert
post 28 Feb 2013, 6:46
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9184

In my opinion, if we're going to speed up production for the mod, wouldn't it be better to post what textures you need and have the community work at it? It's crowdsourcing basically. I have photoshop, but I don't know what your "project" requirements (not to be confused with "skill" requirements) are. In fact you can get a photographer on the team for textures. No photoshop skill needed because it still fits the project requirement.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:19