IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The 'Call of Duty' Thread, Can be used to discuss various games as the series goes on
MARS
post 2 May 2013, 10:37
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Ever since BO2, I'm kinda operating under a 'if the SP looks somewhat interesting, ask my mates to get the game as a birthday present instead of buying it' mindset. This being a teaser, there's literally no solid information to be taken away from this other than the game likely being about faceless tacticool operators once again...and that masks might be some sort of stylistic motif.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 2 May 2013, 16:58
Post #52

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (MARS @ 2 May 2013, 11:37) *
Ever since BO2, I'm kinda operating under a 'if the SP looks somewhat interesting, ask my mates to get the game as a birthday present instead of buying it' mindset. This being a teaser, there's literally no solid information to be taken away from this other than the game likely being about faceless tacticool operators once again...and that masks might be some sort of stylistic motif.

Or maybe that the game is about some sort of rebel force? Notice the rubbled surroundings, maybe after a war or something...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 3 May 2013, 8:08
Post #53

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 123

From official sources (Infinity Ward) it has been confirmed that this game will run on a new engine (they mentioned destructable environment) and will also be released for PS4. (and most likely the new XBOX)

It is also certain that Sledgehammer Games is NOT working on this one. (They said via twitter that they are instead working on a new project)
So I guess this will be mostly done by new developers again, since I don't think there were enough original IW devs left.

The new engine sounds promising, I just hope they focus on the technical part (proper netcode, etc.). As for visuals, BO2 didn't look bad, but better graphics are always welcome.

+Quote Post
tgn89
post 3 May 2013, 15:47
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 9109

I AM SİCK OF COD ALLRİGHT DAMN why cant we have the old ten weapon limit and non regenerating health back nowadays games of fps seriously SUCK I HATE MODERN GAMES

also we defienetly need the old DOOM or half life games BACK B-A-C-K

--------------------
DOZER move aside !

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 3 May 2013, 16:09
Post #55

Group Icon

QUOTE (tgn89 @ 3 May 2013, 16:47) *
I AM SİCK OF COD ALLRİGHT DAMN why cant we have the old ten weapon limit and non regenerating health back nowadays games of fps seriously SUCK I HATE MODERN GAMES

also we defienetly need the old DOOM or half life games BACK B-A-C-K

Some new Oldschool FPS would be a nice again. But TBH they were never that great in online Multiplayer. And also I don't think it is CoDs fault that no game developer manages to creat a decent Quake-Style multiplayer FPS.

AND I AM SICK OF CAPSLOCK

+Quote Post
tgn89
post 3 May 2013, 16:12
Post #56

Group Icon

alright chief i get the picture sorry i was just raging a bit happens usualy my fault
(oh god theres a whole topic i raged about my apologies to everyone for the overuse im sorry)

but honestly i do think we need the old formula back i mean seriously regen health , 2 weapon limit,no fun weapons and well no awesome music huh if thats an fps

then adios gents

This post has been edited by tgn89: 3 May 2013, 16:13

--------------------
DOZER move aside !

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 3 May 2013, 16:26
Post #57

Group Icon

Ever heard the soundtrack of the Modern Warfare games?

And who needs music in Multiplayer?

And yes, the CoD formula becomes boring after some time, but it didn't replace the Old formula for no reason. People prefer it this way. I'm sure at one point Old-School FPS games will be mainstream again, and when that happens, people will want CoD back.
From what you are saying, it seams that you are mostly talking about Single Player. In that case.. aren't there enough games available? It's not that you are forced to play CoD if you don't like it.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 3 May 2013, 18:15
Post #58

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

I just read that a team made up of ex-infinity ward employers are going to present a game on the 21 of may

Seem that this year CoD,Bf and this game are going to compete for players

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 3 May 2013, 18:21
Post #59

Group Icon

I know why Call of Duty keeps selling. Because CoD is CoD. It has a formula they're gonna keep. And as long as the community likes it it doesn't matter how stupid it looks to us, because if they like it with a new coat of paint on, they're gonna buy it. A little variation, but no major change. Take for example the earlier C&C games. They kept the same formula: gather resources, build your army and destroy the enemy, with a new coat of paint on them, and they sold.

(I am 90% positive Anubis is gonna rage on this comment)

This post has been edited by swedishplayer-97: 3 May 2013, 18:22

--------------------

+Quote Post
tgn89
post 3 May 2013, 18:22
Post #60

Group Icon

QUOTE (Stalker @ 3 May 2013, 17:26) *
Ever heard the soundtrack of the Modern Warfare games?

And who needs music in Multiplayer?

And yes, the CoD formula becomes boring after some time, but it didn't replace the Old formula for no reason. People prefer it this way. I'm sure at one point Old-School FPS games will be mainstream again, and when that happens, people will want CoD back.
From what you are saying, it seams that you are mostly talking about Single Player. In that case.. aren't there enough games available? It's not that you are forced to play CoD if you don't like it.

i think you misunderstanded me here i didnt say it needed music in MP im just saying that we SHOULD have the old formula back and i do think that music would be awesome in mp or coop

you are right bout that see the thing is what makes these old school type FPS games so special is that they come in PERFECTLY in the right time where people are bored they come in. im not sayyin"oh we must do this bring it back bla bla "

but dont you guys think its the time we need these kinds of games

This post has been edited by tgn89: 3 May 2013, 18:23

--------------------
DOZER move aside !

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 3 May 2013, 18:39
Post #61

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 3 May 2013, 20:21) *
I know why Call of Duty keeps selling. Because CoD is CoD. It has a formula they're gonna keep. And as long as the community likes it it doesn't matter how stupid it looks to us, because if they like it with a new coat of paint on, they're gonna buy it. A little variation, but no major change. Take for example the earlier C&C games. They kept the same formula: gather resources, build your army and destroy the enemy, with a new coat of paint on them, and they sold.

(I am 90% positive Anubis is gonna rage on this comment)

Actually Anubis will not rage - if you followed my latest answers, you'd know that i don't blame the companies for the acts of the community. As a company their only interest is to make money. If a game is bad or not, as long as there's enough people buying it, that company will continue on that style, no matter how much people rant AFTER they buy it. What people fail to understand is that no one gives a shit about their rant after they already payed.

I consider people who rant against companies or games as a general to be - well just so i don't insult anyone - not the brightest stars.

Do i consider CoD bad - ofc i do. I dislike it, i wouldn't play it if it was free (which is exactly how i tested it anyway). But do i buy it - ofc not. I live in a world where even though greedy companies no longer release demo versions (so people dunno wtf they buy), i can just download a game see if i like it and only then decide if i buy it or not. This sadly is what most of the ranters fail to do - USE THEIR BRAINS. We control the market, not companies. So as long as there's enough sheep there will always be a smart wolf.

+Quote Post
tgn89
post 3 May 2013, 18:55
Post #62

Group Icon

^anubis you just said what ive always wanted to " This sadly is what most of the ranters fail to do - USE THEIR BRAINS. We control the market, not companies. So as long as there's enough sheep there will always be a smart wolf."

i salute you

--------------------
DOZER move aside !

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 5 May 2013, 8:21
Post #63

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

I never buy games on release date. Never. Why? Because they could possibly be a disappointing failure. Like CNC4, or, Red Alert 3. I wait till the reviews come out, then I make up my mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 22 May 2013, 1:13
Post #64

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Just a bump. The trailer has been shown.

Looks really interesting if you ask me. I really want to see the full power of that new engine they have. And that story, don't let that dog die, seriously 8Ip.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 22 May 2013, 6:47
Post #65

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

What I feel about this trailer;

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 May 2013, 9:28
Post #66

Group Icon

The opening shots suggest that the game might be set after some kind of cataclysmic event but even though a speculative premise like that should be inherently interesting by definition, I honestly can't muster any interest or curiosity at this point. Just barely enough that I would eventually read a plot synopsis on the internet but good lord, they're taking this absurd fetishism of ultra-covert operators to the point of unintentional self-parody. Even the bloody dog is tacticool and I can already see how it's gonna have some badass nickname like K9, Jaws or Cerberus and how there's gonna be a part where it guides you through a scripted stealth segment and at least three set-pieces where it rips out a bloke's throat out in a really 'cool' way.

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 22 May 2013, 11:34
Post #67

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Immaturity Incarnate

I agree that the whole tacticool look gets kind of silly now, but hey, at least we aren't fighting Russians or some terrorists in the Middle East.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 22 May 2013, 11:54
Post #68

Group Icon

The story doesn't seem to be really interesting, but I agree with GDIZOCOM, at least it's something new.

And yes, I really wished they would reduce the tacticool stuff and go back to an actual war game. CoD4 had a nice mix of war scenario (Middle East - USMC levels) and stealth missions (SAS levels), but after that it has always been a squad of super tactical elite soldiers of doom vs. millions of Russians, terrorists .. and Russian terrorists.

As for MP they are working on dynamic maps (aka 1 scripted event per map that gets annoying after the 2nd time you see it) and customization (look at me, I wear a stupid hat) which are both features that are not really needed.

And last but not least: the "new" engine. TBH, other than that moving plants (which could be a fixed animation after all), I haven't seen anything that would seem impossible in Black Ops 2. Of course it look a bit better, but looks more like an upgraded engine (like they did the years before) and not like something new.

I guess I'll have to wait for an actual Multiplayer reveal, to get any important imformation.

EDIT: After watching some more footage, and looking more closely, I'd say the new engine is indeed a major improvement.

This post has been edited by Stalker: 22 May 2013, 13:28

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 22 May 2013, 13:30
Post #69

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

An apocalyptic disaster as the background is a good idea for the game, allows developers to create many cool things in a "brave new world" without law - I imagine groups of mercenaries, urban guerrillas, extremists and criminals prowl for a victim.

But I have not seen any major evolution in graphs. What seems certain is that the game will be much more cinematographic and the realism will diminish considerably...I was curious to see how all this will end.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 22 May 2013, 14:01
Post #70

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Immaturity Incarnate

I will be completely honest about this, I just want this game to be good in terms of gameplay and story. I don't mind the graphics now, for me Call of Duty was NEVER about that in the first place. It was more of the fun gameplay eveyone's familiar with. I'm kind of annoyed with people screaming out "ZOMG TEH GRAPHICS SUCK !!111" geez just go play Battlefield already and go shoot some Russians duhsov.png

Before I write a full rant or opinion I'll just wait for E3.

On a side note, I found this while browsing through some pages about the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 22 May 2013, 14:13
Post #71

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (GDIZOCOM @ 22 May 2013, 10:01) *
I will be completely honest about this, I just want this game to be good in terms of gameplay and story. I don't mind the graphics now, for me Call of Duty was NEVER about that in the first place. It was more of the fun gameplay eveyone's familiar with. I'm kind of annoyed with people screaming out "ZOMG TEH GRAPHICS SUCK !!111" geez just go play Battlefield already and go shoot some Russians duhsov.png

You have reason, I also think the graphics in CoD4 are impressive (at least to me), and I do not see a reason to create something on a higher level, however EA has created an expectation on it unnecessarily promising things fantastic on the graphs.

I still play DOOM so then I do not really care about graphs. wink.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 22 May 2013, 15:31
Post #72

Group Icon

I do really hope you get to play as a female soldier this time. Seriously, I have NEVER played as a female soldier in CoD, and I want to do that. Sexist, is what the franchise is.

This customization thing is just what I wanted, and I hope that the apparel you can wear actually has some form of advantage, for example: equipping a sniper rifle doesn't give you a ghillie suit, you have to use it as apparel. The same goes for gasmasks, flak jackets etc. etc.

Now, the new engine looks cool(er than before?). I hope with what they mean with "dynamic maps" are destructible environments, trees that can get cut down and stuff like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
swVen
post 23 May 2013, 0:48
Post #73

Group Icon

Member No.: 9322

If I remember correctly, from WAAY back then, CoD: Finest Hour you could play as a female sniper "Tanya Pavelovna" that paid homage to "Lyudmila Pavlichenko".

MoH Underground iirc was entirely a female character campagin, with a few males here and there.
I thoroughly enjoyed MoH Underground,nice perspective on another side to WWII.

Now, my CoD Ghosts thoughts.
"Well shit, they finally went another route".
It's nice they're doing a refresher, and the graphics are a tad bit bumped up, but, nothing I should weigh my opinion on.
I say this, "Nice on paper, terrible in practicality".

If you put on the hypothetical piece of paper this great new idea, but still attach the CoD family tree to it, we'll still expect it to still flow with the formula.
As MARS previously said, pretty much, yup, a nice little birthday present.,nothing I'd invest in.

Plot wise, it's new. Of course..Spec ops.
Good lord, what is with this Spec ops Fad!?

For the love of God, when I even volunteered at the public library for community service hours mandatory for graduation, I had to help sort romance novels once and while, and there were so many damn spec ops titles.
Not to mention the Tom Clancy novels being pumped out, following Ubisoft's Ghost Recon Franchise and such.

My two cousins, (one with 75th, another with USMC Recon), do get a laugh out of the Spec ops. But really? Is it because of the sensationalism?

Okay, back to plot. If I recalled from a commentator on Youtube a bit back, he did tell his viewers about some details from someone he knew that leaked a few details. Nothing big, but general info.

Basically apparently some conflict caused a trigger between nations, with the US of course being in it, all the major stuff.
And some mass EMP strike or whatever had completely crippled military force capability, effectively shutting the US down, and the other govt victorious in aims of occupation, with US forces scrambling to fight back.

Something along the lines of that.

Eh. Movement feature wise, it's nice and all, but really seems like it's nicking off of BF as much as it can with the movements (unless I may have forgotten a previous video game that implemented that feature, then I will retract my statement on that)>
And of course, online there will be some raging when someone figures out the best way to use the movement features to exploit the game.

Meh. I'll just enjoy ArmA 3 and be the black sheep at my school....

+Quote Post
MARS
post 23 May 2013, 5:32
Post #74

Group Icon

QUOTE (swVen @ 23 May 2013, 1:48) *
Basically apparently some conflict caused a trigger between nations, with the US of course being in it, all the major stuff.
And some mass EMP strike or whatever had completely crippled military force capability, effectively shutting the US down, and the other govt victorious in aims of occupation, with US forces scrambling to fight back.

Wait, so this is basically Homefront except with a yet to be disclosed faction taking the part of the implausibly wanked up DPRK?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 23 May 2013, 5:35
Post #75

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I still hope we can actualy snipe in maps, and not be encounterd with stuff like

Quickscope 360s spriting around while someone with a MP5-7-wtv waits in the corner....

There should be a mommentum kinda thing wich doesnt let smgs and rifles camp but gives advantages to snipers.. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 15:01