IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Have a lot of digital manga you want to read?, How to download and read them conviniently
Shiro
post 4 Apr 2010, 17:27
Post #1

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I asked several people and they asked me, how is it possible to download translated manga from sites such as One Manga and then read them without the hattle of the standard Microsoft Windows picture viewer?
A friend of me found a solution and he thought I should share as well.
1. Get DomDomSoft's Manga downloader. An almost fully working version of it is available for free, with only a few options disabled in the freeware version: http://domdomsoft.com/home/category/manga-downloader/
2. Then get CDisplay. This viewer is compact, very fast and full screen by default (also without any UI unless you order it to). CDisplay can read the generic picture formats as well as .zip (renamed to .cbz) and .rar (renamed to .cbr) files.
3. Activate the downloader, set your site and search for the manga you want, doubleclick on it to open a window with information about it. Check the manga chapters you want, transfer them to download and get loading.
4. When finished, open CDisplay, in it right-click and browse for the Manga folder and open the file(s).

This is how it looks: www.freewaregenius.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/cdisplay-screeenshot.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
partyzanPaulZy
post 4 Apr 2010, 18:58
Post #2

"quarawr!"
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 149
busy with uni projects and exams

I would recommend IrfanView (pretty good viewer with some editation tools, slideshow, batch conversion (including edit), video and mp3 support),
GonVisor (JPG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, CBR, CBZ, CBA, ZIP, RAR, ACE) and yBook (.txt, .html, .pdb, .prc and .rtf).

Also it's good to use some batch renaming tools in Altap Salamander, Total Commander or other disc managers (Far, Midnight Commander, similar to old Volkov Commander 8Isov.gif ).

This post has been edited by partyzanPaulZy: 4 Apr 2010, 19:02

--------------------

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in first case.
Elections: It doesn't matter who wins, you always lose!

+Quote Post
Alias
post 4 Apr 2010, 19:09
Post #3

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

I personally prefer Comical, but I guess it's whatever floats your boat. Comical does dual-page really well, so it's great for widescreen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 4 Apr 2010, 19:46
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I tried IrfanView but did not like it. I did not try Comical, but so far I am pleased with CDisplay. Maybe later.

+Quote Post
Waris
post 4 Apr 2010, 22:47
Post #5

7-tan
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 24
Headphone Addict

Dedicated comic/manga reader is always superior.

This post has been edited by Waris: 4 Apr 2010, 22:55

--------------------
[Sources] CARAT HD-1, Sony E445, Cowon S9
[Amplifiers] PA2V2, Corda XXS, Corda Arietta
[Headphones] Audio Technica ATH-AD900, Beyer DT250-80, Head-Direct RE0, Soundmagic PL50, Koss PortaPro
http://www.last.fm/user/warisz00r
JOIN SWR FORUMS LAST.FM GROUP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 2:48