IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
ShockWave is now officialy 10 years old!
The_Hunter
post 16 Mar 2015, 11:10
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Today exactly 10 years ago i publicly released the very first version of ShockWave namely version 0.8
To this present day its played by many and become pretty much a cult classic at this point.

A lot has happened during the past 10 years people have come and gone and ShockWave also officially stopped to be actively developed by us in 2011.
Well as of today i'm pleased to announce we will do one more major update to this mod to address some of the issues that have become obvious over the time since our last official release.

We've already been doing some preparations on this and our anniversary release will include a completely reworked generals challenge, bug fixes and some necessary balance tweaks.
Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we will announce more details on this development smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Basilisx
post 16 Mar 2015, 12:06
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9682

Wow, that came pretty unexpected that you are giving away one more update to shockwave. That is totally awesome biggrin.gif
Didn't know that Shockwave and you share the same birthday tongue.gif

Looking forward to the new update.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikitazero678
post 16 Mar 2015, 12:30
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10536

Well, this is a good news for ShW fans. However, this also means that I may have to suspend the development of my fan patch to wait for the update.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 16 Mar 2015, 17:47
Post #4

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

It begins...

+Quote Post
Alias
post 16 Mar 2015, 18:42
Post #5

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Nice to see this finally being formally announced!

Shockwave really does deserve some attention one last time, I've been following this mod for more than 9 years now, quite amazing how time flies...

QUOTE (Basilisx @ 16 Mar 2015, 21:06) *
Didn't know that Shockwave and you share the same birthday tongue.gif
Hunter's birthday was actually one of the most common release dates back in the day. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 16 Mar 2015, 20:10
Post #6

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

Oooh, awesome! I'm curious to see what this will bring! I just hope I won't have to uninstall 1.1 first ... ><

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 16 Mar 2015, 20:17
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

Happy Birthday Hunter. Shockwave is how I discovered ROTR so I'm happy my favorite mod is getting an update.

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 16 Mar 2015, 22:03
Post #8

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

Ah 10 years, it was good of year and bring back good old memories I8.gif

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Angel
post 16 Mar 2015, 22:25
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 713

It's a nice news, I hope there will be fixed all the cheats. It will allow me to fight better against some strong, but unfair gamers. smile.gif I basically never use cheats units. And I also hope that with this update there will be more players in this great mod. Also, if you need my help with balance advices, just ask me, I will help with pleasure.

This post has been edited by Angel: 16 Mar 2015, 22:27

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 16 Mar 2015, 22:44
Post #10

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (Angel @ 16 Mar 2015, 17:25) *
It's a nice news, I hope there will be fixed all the cheats. It will allow me to fight better against some strong, but unfair gamers. smile.gif I basically never use cheats units. And I also hope that with this update there will be more players in this great mod. Also, if you need my help with balance advices, just ask me, I will help with pleasure.

Cheats? What do you mean?

By the way, I'm allowed to confirm that I am working on this project as well.

+Quote Post
nouamane_air
post 17 Mar 2015, 0:25
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 10672

I'm so happy for this epic news, thanks a lot SWR for making these awesome stuff.
I'm just so excited!!

+Quote Post
Edsato82
post 17 Mar 2015, 1:51
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 142

Could not be left behind this wonderful MOD. Good to read this wonderful news.

Undoubtedly SW and ROTR are the best of the best.

Happy anniversary for this great MOD smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Alert
post 17 Mar 2015, 7:21
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9184

After so many months of just lurking around on the forums, I decided to log-in to say how excited I am for this update (and RoTR of course).

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 16 Mar 2015, 15:44) *
Cheats? What do you mean?

By the way, I'm allowed to confirm that I am working on this project as well.

He probably means units that are overpowered. Salvage general comes to mind. I look forward to the balance tweaks the most. I hope the quality and hard work from RotR is carried over into ShW as well.

Now then, about the mod.

I have to make one comment about the Railgun Artillery. The thing that bothers me about it is its effectiveness against fast moving targets with no apparent weaknesses or trade-offs (shot down by PDL, slow moving projectile, non-homing, and/or lower damage, etc). It's like a Howitzer with its weaponspeed set to 99999. Of course you can nerf the stats (rate of fire and/or damage), but that would be cheap and bland. I would like to use the Beam Cannon concept from CnC3 to add uniqueness for this general (replace the prism tank's voices with that). The front designator can relay data (special ability) to other close-by Beam Cannons to fire at a target (the same way with tomahawk waypoint). There are relay voice scripts available for use in CnC3 that you can use. To keep it unique from other artillery-type units, I propose less damage (trade-off for being able to hit its target 100% instantly) with a sustained (1-2 seconds) burst of laser. They are more effective when in groups, and thus are cheaper and quicker to produce relative to other artilleries. To add additional uniqueness to this unit, the Beam Cannon can charge up (delayed fire) and fire a super-charged beam, but will either disable and/or slowly damage the vehicle itself. The reasoning behind this is that they are never meant to be effective when in small numbers, and in these situations, you may find it necessary to use that special ability knowing full well what the cons of doing so are. Another reason is that they are cheap and quick to produce (relative to other artilleries) and for this reason should not incentivize players from spamming them. Since only one weaponset_upgrade is allowed, you have the option of either enabling super-charge shot ability by purchasing the Focusing Crystals upgrade (does not upgrade primary weapon however) or waypoint targeting ability by purchasing the Waypoint Targeting upgrade. All in all, faction diversity is key.

Next up are two easter eggs in World Builder. The submarine and Executioner. They don't have voices and the submarine doesn't have a cameo (uses battlemaster cameo). There are plenty of submarine voices in the Red Alert universe but the Boomer submarine from RA2:YR is probably the best fit as it's the only one that has sea-to-land attack voices. The Executioner can use the Future Tank X-1 from RA3.

Sky Crane needs "cannot build here" voice scripts.

Several years ago I was the one who came up with the neutron cluster mine that made its way into the game. I should have been more specific that it was meant for the Nuke general, while everyone else got the EMP cluster mine. That was a terrible mistake on my part for not communicating that part clearly.

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 17 Mar 2015, 12:05
Post #14

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Ten years ago huh, and to think I actually started lurking around the old forum back in 2007 before joining in 2009 thanks to this mod, time is a really amusing thing (and I'm not even out of high school yet)

Looking forward to it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 17 Mar 2015, 12:06
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

ShW 1.1 just have overpowered units such as Katyusha. I haven't found any bugs yet

BTW, a new version sounds very exciting, I hope I get into Dev. team which is completely impossible tongue.gif

This post has been edited by MPGM: 4 May 2015, 11:13

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 17 Mar 2015, 14:21
Post #16

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

This is Awesome. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angel
post 17 Mar 2015, 16:04
Post #17

Group Icon

Actually I think there was wrong decision to do bet on ROTR, my opinion shockwave is more better and more important, than ROTR

+Quote Post
strikershockwave
post 17 Mar 2015, 17:07
Post #18

-Mr.$TriKeR^
Group Icon

Member No.: 10843
Here is a good place for the meeting of generals and sharing tips and experiences about the game and to help newcomers to resolve any issues regarding the mods!

It is a generation of C&C Shockwave players!!!
For example, I play shockwave online through the gameranger almost a year! I hope to come more and more players for this mod!

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 18 Mar 2015, 1:17
Post #19

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Damn, time has flown past by, I recall following Shockwave and the SWR team (in its E-Studios days, BTW I loved that forum banner but too bad it is probably lost sad.gif) since 2005. Its been an amazing decade following you lot biggrin.gif.

One question will that online service in RotR 1.85 be available in this release?

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 18 Mar 2015, 2:17
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

10 years, wow.

An update though! YES!

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 18 Mar 2015, 3:10
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Dangerman @ 18 Mar 2015, 2:17) *
One question will that online service in RotR 1.85 be available in this release?

We've allready stated before that depending on how well it will run for Rise of the reds we would probably also port it over for ShockWave smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 18 Mar 2015, 9:25
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (Angel @ 17 Mar 2015, 18:34) *
Actually I think there was wrong decision to do bet on ROTR, my opinion shockwave is more better and more important, than ROTR

WTF?!?!?!?! o_0

ShW is more important??????!?!?!?

+Quote Post
Renmazuo9
post 19 Mar 2015, 0:35
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 10768

QUOTE (Angel @ 17 Mar 2015, 11:04) *
Actually I think there was a wrong decision to do better with ROTR, my opinion Shockwave is better and more important, than ROTR

1. - I have updated your statement for clarity.

2. - It is my opinion that Shockwave was very important, as a stepping stone in the path of testing and evolving the skills and capabilities of the SWR Productions team, as a whole. Because of the things that Hunter and the rest of the wonderful and talented people that make up SWR learned from working on Shockwave for so long, it allowed them to push themselves further and create something even more ambitious, incredible and amazing and push the limits on what the SAGE Engine can do. ROTR is a incredible mod and a testament to the dedication and conviction of the SWR team and the best part, is that they aren't even finished with it, so many incredible and awesome things that we haven't even seen yet and have to look forward to.

That's not to say Shockwave isn't awesome, because it most certainly is, Shockwave and ROTR are, imo, the 2 best mods that you could ever have for Generals/Zero Hour.

This post has been edited by Renmazuo9: 19 Mar 2015, 0:39

+Quote Post
Angel
post 19 Mar 2015, 1:22
Post #24

Group Icon

If Shockwave does not exist, perhaps I would have played ROTR, and of course ROTR would be the best mod but my heart forever given Shockwave

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 19 Mar 2015, 1:48
Post #25

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Everyone has their own opinion. Honestly, ROTR is not for everyone. Shockwave seems to appeal better to the "pro" scene (though this may change with the amount of time taken to balance 1.85), while ROTR seems to appeal better for casuals. ROTR also feels unfinished in certain aspects, mainly because of the fact that a few things were designed for 2.0 in mind.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 9:37