The_Hunter
post 5 Jul 2014, 22:20
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

As of Version 1.85, ECA Supply Tracks can be individually refitted into Munitions Tracks at Tier 1. Doing so will permanently remove their gathering ability and allow them to confer a firepower buff to surrounding vehicles as well as deploy chaff grenades on manual command, which will deflect incoming missiles for a short period of time. Do note that the vehicle's volatile cargo does not react well to being fired upon, resulting in a dangerous explosion upon its destruction.

Now, on to the main meat of this update. Today, we are proud to announce a new faction mechanic for the GLA: Reverse engineering of nuclear components.

By the year 2040, political experts around the world agreed that, aside from the increasingly catastrophic effects of climate change, dwindling resources and widespread socio-economic unheavel, the uncontrolled proliferation of nuclear materials would be one of the greatest threats to peace and stability for the foreseeable future. The Global War on Terror, as well as various other conflicts of the 2020s and 30s such as the Great Middle Eastern War and the Korean Reunification War, created a climate of chaos that hadn't been seen since the collapse of the Soviet Union, resulting in the outright failure of entire nation states, the dissolution of their militaries and an unparallelled influx of illegal goods and skilled professionals of a 'morally flexible' nature on the global black market.

More specifically, the destruction and annexation of North Korea and the violent creation of the Persian Republic out of what used to be Iran put many high-ranking nuclear scientists from these now defunct countries out of their job. Many of them provided their expertise to shortlived rogue states, tinpot autocracies and terrorist organisations, most prominently of all the Global Liberation Army. After two decades in hibernation since the infamous European insurrection of 2028, the new GLA of the late 2040s has once again become a force to be reckoned with. The consolidation of its Central African territories has provided the GLA with a permanent refuge and a crude industrial base for the first time in its history and it is presumed that its paramount leader, the infamous Warlord Anwar Sulaymaan, has amassed between two and five billion dollars worth of black funds and commodities through his conquests and illegal business operations. Worse yet, the GLA is now also considered a de facto nuclear power by several governments, due to its easy access to the necessary knowledge and weapons-grade materials. Whether it is only imaginary or not, the GLA's enigmatic nuclear stockpile has already served its purpose as a deterrent in 2046, when the landmark proposal of a combined military invasion by the African Union was dropped on behalf of several member states for fear of a nuclear response.

The arsenal, while only measured in the double digits, is expected to include crude radiological weapons like the so-called 'dirty bombs' which release radioactive particles by means of a conventional explosion, but also low-yield tactical fission warheads whose destructive potential could prove catastrophic if used against a vulnerable civilian target such as a city, an airport or a powerplant. The fact that none of these weapons have so far been used in or even outside the African theatre can only be marked down to persistent reports of infighting and disunity amidst the higher tiers of the GLA leadership, particularly a long-documented feud between Warlord Sulaymaan, who appears to be more interested in protecting the spoils of his conquests, and the extremist cleric Abdul bin Yusuuf, whose Brotherhood of the White Falcon still accounts for a sizeable fraction of the GLA's original powerbase. It is widely believed - and feared - that the GLA might awaken from its relative inertia in the event that Yusuuf and his followers manage to further consolidate their influence in the wake of the Third World War.

As of Version 1.85, certain units and buildings have a chance to leave behind a stockpile of nuclear materials upon their destruction. Any GLA Bomb Truck can pick these up and be instantly outfitted with a different nuclear weapon based on the source. Upgraded Chinese vehicles, Nuke Cannons and powerplants will produce material for a simple dirty nuke (first truck on the left), a conventional bomb with a nuclear component that spreads radioactive fallout upon detonation without triggering an actual chain reaction with devastating effect. A Breeder Reactor or Nuclear Missile Silo may produce a stronger tactical nuclear warhead (second truck) as could a Russian Topol Launcher or Missile Silo (third truck). Finally, European Pandora cannons and R&D Compounds outfitted with the Pandora protocol may even grant you a lethal neutron bomb (fourth truck).

And as always i would like to remind all of you out there that there will be an other stream on this Sunday:

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 5 Jul 2014, 22:27
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9986

THAT IS AWESOME, i keep saying SWR won't have anything for the next version interesting but damn, i think i will start asking when will 1.85 be released tongue.gif

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 5 Jul 2014, 22:36
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Wasn't the recycler mechanic supposed to be much bigger? Was something uncodeable? Anyway, really interesting idea there, SWR. You keep suprising me with every update!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 5 Jul 2014, 22:56
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 6 Jul 2014, 0:36) *
Wasn't the recycler mechanic supposed to be much bigger? Was something uncodeable? Anyway, really interesting idea there, SWR. You keep suprising me with every update!

I believe we are seeing only the first fruits of this new mechanic. Glory to SWR!

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 5 Jul 2014, 22:58
Post #5

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Those look intereszting but likely hard to acquire for the GLA, will they be powerful. But I am concerned that this may be all of the recycle mechanic of the GLA (I want to see Tesla Trucks!).

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 5 Jul 2014, 23:08
Post #6

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Can't wait to see the explosions 8trap.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 5 Jul 2014, 23:17
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

I'm a little unfamiliar of the salvage mechinic so this may seem dumb ,but if you destroy say your Pandora before the GLA does does that still produce a nuclear stockpile?

Edit: Should the poster say the sixth not the seventh of July?

This post has been edited by Admiral*Alex: 5 Jul 2014, 23:29

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 5 Jul 2014, 23:17
Post #8

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

Interesting. So the recycling stuff seems to be bigger than just the recycler truck. Can't wait to see what's next

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 6 Jul 2014, 0:42
Post #9

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

QUOTE (Dangerman @ 5 Jul 2014, 17:58) *
But I am concerned that this may be all of the recycle mechanic of the GLA (I want to see Tesla Trucks!).

Not just a Recycle truck, Scorpion Tank and Marauder Tank as well.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 6 Jul 2014, 0:50
Post #10

NProductions
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9747

A note. Sunday is 6th of July, not 7th.

And the various nuclear variants for Bomb Trucks, I seen the stream today (Youtube), and while it is something you cant count on, it is defintiely something that you shall be vary when dealing with Bomb Trucks. The only ones that are safe of this is USA biggrin.gif

--------------------

It is so true that its funny and sad at the same time.

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 6 Jul 2014, 0:54
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (V.Metalic @ 6 Jul 2014, 2:50) *
A note. Sunday is 6th of July, not 7th.

And the various nuclear variants for Bomb Trucks, I seen the stream today (Youtube), and while it is something you cant count on, it is defintiely something that you shall be vary when dealing with Bomb Trucks. The only ones that are safe of this is USA biggrin.gif

I guess there is something from each faction that GLA can make use of. Interestingly, will there be something from GLA for the recycling (at least on faction level)?

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 6 Jul 2014, 1:03
Post #12

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

No-one is expecting the neutron truck...
Ultimate vehicle rape anybody?

Can't wait to use these when 1.85 comes out. I'll make quite liberal use of them, I assure you...

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 6 Jul 2014, 1:37
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 10072

this is why I like ROTR, the little things and its systems

This post has been edited by Oliver: 6 Jul 2014, 1:38

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 6 Jul 2014, 1:56
Post #14

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Do the crates conflict with or work with the High Explosive and Chemical Bomb upgrades?

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 6 Jul 2014, 5:31
Post #15

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 5 Jul 2014, 23:36) *
Wasn't the recycler mechanic supposed to be much bigger? Was something uncodeable?

QUOTE (Dangerman @ 5 Jul 2014, 23:58) *
But I am concerned that this may be all of the recycle mechanic of the GLA

Looks like someone didn't read the fine print again. screwyou.gif

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 6 Jul 2014, 2:56) *
Do the crates conflict with or work with the High Explosive and Chemical Bomb upgrades?

They don't conflict with each other.

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 6 Jul 2014, 0:17) *
if you destroy say your Pandora before the GLA does does that still produce a nuclear stockpile?

If you are smart enough you'll never let the GLA get your tech, this includes destroying your own Pandora before they can get it.

8llaniflip.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.gifav-7.gif

To clear this up, the Nuclear Exchange Program (henceforth NEP) is only a part of the new recycle mechanic. You kill nuclear stuff, you receive cool salvage crates to turn your Bomb Trucks into nuclear weapons. Any warhead they had before will be overwritten, so make sure you really want the warhead on that particular Bomb Truck. The NEP does not work when you kill your own stuff. The NEP does not work when your ally kills your stuff. The NEP does not work when you kill your ally's stuff. The NEP only works when enemies kill each others stuff, just like the conventional salvage system. Things like China and GLA allying up, then deliberately destroying Nuclear Reactors so that the GLA player can get nuclear salvage does not work.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 6 Jul 2014, 13:23
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Wow! This new mechanic is pretty cool; will add high doses of fun and additional strategy to the game. mindfuck.gif

About the lore I missed the events of Dragon Parade to be mentioned - the explosion of a nuclear warhead in Beijing - and also the fact that a renegade Chinese general have smuggled the weapons for the GLA - undoubtedly the experience of the faction with nuclear weapons began long before 2040. However, a very good lore. smile.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 6 Jul 2014, 16:18
Post #17

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

Very interesting I'm assuming that the last three are going to be pretty power full considering how hard it is to get them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 6 Jul 2014, 16:20
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

QUOTE (SorataZ @ 6 Jul 2014, 0:31) *
Looks like someone didn't read the fine print again. screwyou.gif

They don't conflict with each other.

If you are smart enough you'll never let the GLA get your tech, this includes destroying your own Pandora before they can get it.

8llaniflip.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.gifav-7.gif

To clear this up, the Nuclear Exchange Program (henceforth NEP) is only a part of the new recycle mechanic. You kill nuclear stuff, you receive cool salvage crates to turn your Bomb Trucks into nuclear weapons. Any warhead they had before will be overwritten, so make sure you really want the warhead on that particular Bomb Truck. The NEP does not work when you kill your own stuff. The NEP does not work when your ally kills your stuff. The NEP does not work when you kill your ally's stuff. The NEP only works when enemies kill each others stuff, just like the conventional salvage system. Things like China and GLA allying up, then deliberately destroying Nuclear Reactors so that the GLA player can get nuclear salvage does not work.

Thank You for clearing that up.

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 6 Jul 2014, 18:17
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 10072

Does it matter if the Silo missile or the Topol aren't loaded?

This post has been edited by Oliver: 6 Jul 2014, 18:17

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 6 Jul 2014, 18:56
Post #20

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Oliver @ 6 Jul 2014, 19:17) *
Does it matter if the Silo missile or the Topol aren't loaded?

Yes. Unloaded ones don't spawn crates.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 6 Jul 2014, 18:58
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

Imagine your enemy bringing you all his tanks and just a whole lot of tank blob thinking he's going to win and BOOM! Neutron truck, Hehehehehe...

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 6 Jul 2014, 19:05
Post #22

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

As demonstrated on the stream today, this quickly falls apart with stealth detectors or simply an attentive player.

+Quote Post
The General
post 6 Jul 2014, 19:21
Post #23

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

Nuke suicide trucks, very interasting.

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 8 Jul 2014, 4:47
Post #24

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

I like the new mechanic very much, though i am curious as to why the fusion reactor and solar reactor do not leave nuclear waste as they are nuclear/radiation based technologies, am i not correct?

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 8 Jul 2014, 14:54
Post #25

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

The Supply Tracks can now boost attack. Interesting. I bet they can also be makeshift bomb trucks if all else fails.

And those nuclear Bomb Trucks, only two things can be said:

"The glow, THE WONDERFUL GLOW!! Can you not see it, General?" -ex-General Tsing Shi Tao "The Nuke"

"...You're gonna like this General. Oh wait, no you won't." -ex-General Tsing Shi Tao "The Nuke", shared with the very late Doctor Thrax

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 7:12