Serialkillerwhal...
post 23 Apr 2013, 0:00
Post #1

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

So, Considering equal amounts of resource and time to build the amount of tanks used. Which side would win?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 23 Apr 2013, 9:13
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Are you serious?

Go read some Codexes.....The Baneblade is UNBEATABLE in tank battles...Gaming aside, The baneblade is a clear winer, no doubht....
(Where the baneblade was fitted for Infantry warfare and the land raider was anti tank so it could beat the baneblade)

Oh and let me just drop this off;
IT IS THE BANEBLADE!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 23 Apr 2013, 9:41
Post #3

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

WHAT THE FUCK!!! omfg.gif

What did that Mammoth do to you, seriously this deserves a Vlad Stepes(or a Bolostomp award) award straight from Spacebattles, The Baneblade has ELEVEN BARRELS of overkill.
Here's the SB link for this:Mammoth v. Baneblade

Here's a Baneblade poster

This post has been edited by Warpath: 23 Apr 2013, 9:56

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
Alias
post 23 Apr 2013, 9:58
Post #4

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Hardly matters, they both evaporate to a Monolith. I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 23 Apr 2013, 10:43
Post #5

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

You seriously haven't thought that through have you?
The baneblade hasn't been tested in real armored combat and is the result of outdated world war II-esque doctrine, it's so called "11 barrels" are almost completely front mounted, the thing's as maneuverable as it is aerodynamic and the thing has more shell traps than a turtle trapper's house.

I just look at it and I see basically nothing more than a hodgepodge of guns hastily attached to a armored chassis and called a tank.

EDIT: About that link, it's an idiot post with people who really don't know what they're talking about, from what we've seen of the Mammoth Mk. III, it's gun can shred through most anything, especially the baneblade's failed armor design, while the baneblade's imprecise blunt force weapons would rarely even hit, let alone damage the heavy-duty armor of the Mk. III

Lets just think about the armor, the Mammoth is said to use "Hexagonal composite" which i'll just guess to mean 6 layers of composite armor, and is shown to be able to A: absorb the impact of an entire tank's arsenal of shells cooking off under it with no harm. The baneblade on the other hand, i'm suprised it got past design stage.

Yea verily, though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of fuck you

In total, House sized mass of FUCK YOU beats 11 barrels of fail.

I'll further exploiate.

Weapons: The Baneblade's main tank-to tank weapon is a large piece of crap really, it's a "APHE" armor-penetrating High explosive. You know what the real world calls that? Failure. It needs to be able to do something other than split into pieces when the shell hits, which means alot of the shell needs to be solid metal, which makes the whole "High explosive" problem fall apart, without games workshop's breakdown plot armor, the Baneblade would suffer massive failures from their shells breaking appart on contact. That and it's low LOW LOW amount of ammo while supposedly being a fast-firing weapon means "Two seconds of firepower followed by useless dead weight".
The Mammoth's main weapons are Twin 150mm Railguns capable of firing at an extreme speed, It's recoil suggest a chemical propellant starts the shell down the barrel, after which the railgun accelerates it to hyper-sonic velocities whereupon the shell exits the barrel and goes off to kill some Nod goon. It apears to rely on kinetic energy.

Simply put, the Imperium has never fought a real serious armored foe, and is using outdated tactics. I'm just taking the time to disassemble this whole imperium crap.

EDIT2: To be honest, i only made this as an excuse to scientifically disprove the Baneblade and really, calling it the Mammoth's equal isn't fair, the thing costs as much as a MARV and ends up giving you a Mammoth's performance.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 23 Apr 2013, 11:21

--------------------

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 23 Apr 2013, 11:39
Post #6

Group Icon

Have you read ANY of the Codexes or at least Lexicanum, if so please read it before saying/posting anything else.

Real combat? The Baneblade's been in service for more that 10,000 years right up to the Dark Age of Technology, it faced of along with the Guard faced against the Necrons, Tau, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Chaos, Tyranids and even Space Marines if you count the Dawn of War games, Hexagonal armor? Meet Demolisher Cannon, below is its capability

The Demolisher fires special ammunition much larger than that used in the Battle Cannon, allowing it to punch through layers of concrete and plasteel alike. A Demolisher shell is constructed with an outer layer of standard high explosive and shrapnel, which surrounds a chemical core. Upon impact, the explosive layer detonates, punching a hole in the enemy's armour and spreading shrapnel over a wide area. It also starts a chemical reaction in the core, causing it to super-heat into a jet of plasma, which lances through the compromised armour, spreading molten death over a wide area and literally ripping the target from the inside out.

Even if it survives that there's still the Autocannon ,Lascannon ( in the sides of the main turret ) and Heavy Bolter turrets ( also in the sides ) each can turn to a 180 degrees depending on its sides along with its, the main gun can rotate 360 degrees.

The Mammoth is fighting NOD tanks, their built for speed, it has relatively light armor and the Srin they encountered is just a mining force, they not military so there not as well armed of armored as their military counterparts.

We don't know what Baneblade armor even is, for all we know that thing has Adamantine for armor.

Here's the Baneblade's Specs

Technical Specifications v • d • e
Vehicle Name: Baneblade Main Armament: Battle Cannon, Demolisher Cannon
Forge World of Origin: Mars
Secondary Armament: Autocannon, 2 Lascannons, 6 Heavy Bolters
Known Patterns: I-X
Traverse: 360 degrees and 6 degrees
Crew: Commander, Driver, 3 Gunners, 3 Loaders, Comms-Operator, Engineer
Elevation: From -2 to 28 degrees
Powerplant: MR507 v18 p4 multi-fuel
Main Ammunition: 22 rounds and 18 rounds
Weight: 316 tonnes
Secondary Ammunition: 300 rounds and 4000 rounds
Length: 13.5m Armour
Width: 8.4m
Height: 6.3m Superstructure: 200mm
Ground Clearance: 1.2m Hull: 180mm
Max Speed - on road 25kph Gun Mantlet 180mm
Max Speed - off road: 18kph
Vehicle Designation: 0427-658-0430-BB010
Transport Capacity: None Firing Ports: n/a
Access Points: n/a Turret: 220mm

The Mammoth is overwhelmingly outgunned By the Baneblade, the weakest part of that tank is the rear engine compartment

This post has been edited by Warpath: 23 Apr 2013, 12:54

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 23 Apr 2013, 13:11
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

The Baneblade seems to be an Uber-over-ultra-god Tank, probably in a direct confrontation easily destroy the Mammoth, however what is technologically advanced plus? Apparently the Mammoth...

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 23 Apr 2013, 15:57
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

Being fare the baneblade would lose against the mammoth,but it is much more cooler.the mammoth mk 3 is an ugly desing,with the barrels being outside the tank.i like much more the ra apocalypse tanks.horewer the baneable is a great "bigger is better tank"
The two of then doesn't have a chance against the rattle mindfuck.gif http://qualityweapon.com/tank/landkreuzer-p-1000-ratte/

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 23 Apr 2013, 19:31
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 123

Mammoth vs. Baneblade ... an interesting question.

Lets try it out:

Mammoth wins tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 23 Apr 2013, 20:39
Post #10

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

A: The demolishor's key is SHORT RANGED
B: I already shown you how the battle cannon and megacannon shells just fall apart on impact
Oh and go ahead and call the Avatar Warmech fast, i'll be here laughing.

Oh and btw, there's a huge gapping weakness in the front of the Baneblade, it's the demolishor cannon, that thing's big enough for modern targeting systems to put shells in, and I really doubt the Baneblade's crew would like having their biggass cannon blow up in their face.

EDIT :
QUOTE (Stalker @ 23 Apr 2013, 11:31) *
Mammoth vs. Baneblade ... an interesting question.

Lets try it out:

Mammoth wins tongue.gif

Lol nice.
The Mammoth is fighting NOD tanks, their built for speed, it has relatively light armor and the Srin they encountered is just a mining force, they not military so there not as well armed of armored as their military counterparts.

A: Avatar warmech, and B: The scrin always brought their entire military tech to everywhere. They were expecting massive amounts of Visceroids and other tiberium mutants which would have taken over the life on those planets. Oh and btw, earth was apparently hit by the most violentest group of scrin, Reaper-17.

Have you read ANY of the Codexes or at least Lexicanum, if so please read it before saying/posting anything else.
Yes. Where else would i get the info about "APHE" shells for the Megacannon?

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 23 Apr 2013, 20:50

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 23 Apr 2013, 22:07
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Good job, just wonderful!!! ohmy.gif Amazing how you did it so fast Stalker! The best model of a Mammoth I've ever seen, and the Baneblade was wonderful in GLA style combines with the style of faction and is infinitely more beautiful than the Marauder for example.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 24 Apr 2013, 2:30
Post #12

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Waitaminute. Don't you already have a model for the mammoth in shockwave?

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 24 Apr 2013, 5:12
Post #13

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

That is not shockwave mammoth, as the shockwave mammoth is the mammoth from cnc 3. And that is definitely not this.

Wonderful model.

BTW, I don't think a mammoth could win. In fact, a single baneblade can beat many mammoths at once. It is what the MARV is in cnc, the mammoth is not a comparable vehicle.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 24 Apr 2013, 5:14

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 24 Apr 2013, 6:44
Post #14

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

The Mammoth Mk.III is the cnc3 mammoth, the mk.I being the tiberian sun one, the mk.II being the hugeass walker and the mk.IV being the cnc4 model

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 24 Apr 2013, 7:42
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 123

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 23 Apr 2013, 23:07) *
Good job, just wonderful!!! ohmy.gif Amazing how you did it so fast Stalker! The best model of a Mammoth I've ever seen, and the Baneblade was wonderful in GLA style combines with the style of faction and is infinitely more beautiful than the Marauder for example.

Thanks
I had both models already done/ingame anyway.

Well, actually the Baneblades should have been stronger, but they were AI controlled and didn't really respond well to my attacks.
And this is not exactly a Mammoth MK3, but my own variation.

Back to Topic:
I don't think this comparison makes much sense. I'm not familiar with the W40K codex stuff, but is it known, how thick the armor is, which material, etc ? Or the actual per-unit costs.
And for the Mammoth, we don't know shit as well. Even if we knew all those values, is it even possible to determine which Tank would win in a fight?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 24 Apr 2013, 9:47
Post #16

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I dont find how a tank that can endure orbital bombarment can be defeated by a weak tank that can be blown up by twenty millitamen with rockets.

Seriously, The baneblade is unstopable and nearly unbeatable if It has the range....I doubt even Mammoths would be able to puncture its armour cause well;

Tau and Eldar use simmular was of railguns and even thier heavy armour or heavy weapons have a problem destroying it.
"It is crude technology but it is effecitve" Eldar saying about the Baneblade itself

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 24 Apr 2013, 13:12
Post #17

Guardsman
Group Icon

Bring the huge Mammoth MK2 walker, MARV or a Redeemer then and they might have a chance against a Baneblade. Mammoth tank is just simply no.

The baneblade is much bigger and have alots more than 1 anti tank weapons, after all.

Though the mammoth tank can take 1 hit from the Obelisk and move on.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 24 Apr 2013, 13:15

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 24 Apr 2013, 16:11
Post #18

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Baneblade wins period.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 24 Apr 2013, 20:33
Post #19

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

The baneblade's armor can be compared to the WWII "Maus" heavy tank.

That is to say, the maus has more armor.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 24 Apr 2013, 20:35

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 25 Apr 2013, 4:04
Post #20

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

Cool story bro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 25 Apr 2013, 4:26
Post #21

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Orly? Lexicanum states the Baneblade has 220mm armor on the turret, and 190mm on the hull, the Maus tank (A world war II relic btw) had 240mm turret armor, 220mm hull armor.

EDIT: and that is forgetting the fact that the baneblade has a huge gapping hole in front of it (The demolishor cannon) with a large explosive in it.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 25 Apr 2013, 4:27

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 25 Apr 2013, 5:39
Post #22

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

Whatever bro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 25 Apr 2013, 7:14
Post #23

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Da nile's not just a river.

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Apr 2013, 7:58
Post #24

Guardsman
Group Icon

The cannon of the lemanrush is alots bigger than a modern tank cannon while the Tau hammerhead use a big railgun, and the baneblade can srug off a direct hit from those things like nothing.

Oh yes, i found it's funny that you think it's armor is weaker than a WW2 relic.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 25 Apr 2013, 7:59

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 25 Apr 2013, 12:37
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 25 Apr 2013, 5:26) *
Orly? Lexicanum states the Baneblade has 220mm armor on the turret, and 190mm on the hull, the Maus tank (A world war II relic btw) had 240mm turret armor, 220mm hull armor.

EDIT: and that is forgetting the fact that the baneblade has a huge gapping hole in front of it (The demolishor cannon) with a large explosive in it.

Serial, we don't KNOW what the Imperium uses for Baneblade armor, how the hell would it take on the crap every one else uses without being one hit K.O.'ed and stop comparing it to a WW2 tanks, it might look like one but there a whole other beast.

Random Trivia: Most Imperial tanks have actually thinner armor that modern tanks but can still take on a decent amount of punishment.

--------------------
- George S. Patton

- The Neconomicon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 8:06