IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GeneralAziz (GLA) vs Marakar (GLA), Battle of the Quads!
Marakar
post 12 Mar 2016, 20:36
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

NOTE: GAMES ARE PLAYED ON 1.86 WITHOUT RGO

Aziz and I play some GLA Mirrors, revolving around Quads as a main battle unit and other units too!

Before someone points it out, yes, there is a lot of quad spam, but do realize that quads are one of GLA's currently most effective units in terms of overall use, and the other Arms Dealer units have their uses. These games are definitely worth a watch for those who want to look at stepping up their GLA game one level higher, as in both of these games, you can see how different units play out!

Will spoil units used in next comment

This post has been edited by Marakar: 12 Mar 2016, 20:56
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GeneralAziz_Marakar_Replay_Pack__GLA_Mirror_.zip ( 61.32K ) Number of downloads: 23

--------------------

Drop Commander
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 12 Mar 2016, 20:43
Post #2

Group Icon

Spoilers, you have been warned

So here are some of the main things used in these games that were used suprisingly effectively:

Scorpion: A meat shield for quad fire, and allows your quads to deal damage on their units while they dont take damage. Messes up with quad targeting hence why its a very useful meat shield. Marauder fulfills this role too but scorps are cheaper.

Toxin Tractor: Does a suprising amount of damage to everything, but very fragile. Also denies ambush and insurrection mob.

Technical: Techterror (failed in first game, successful in second and kept me in the game) or general harrassment. Worker drop-offs too.

Buggies: Amazing long range unit, but needs lots of micro and open terrain to excel.

Insurrection Mob: Build up can deal massive damage, and is potent even when with small group.

Ambush (Rank3): Incredibly powerful gp to snipe buildings, but does give a lot of cash back if opponent has bounties.

Sabotage: Can deny a sneak attack, or even give you edge over an opponent in combat. Also useful to catch out buggies.

Jarmen: Direct counter to Ambush and Insurrection. Also can snipe workers, Dushka and Stingers.

Sneak Attack: Tunnel anywhere? Yes please!

Emergency Repair: Extra edge over an opponent, or can save a building to allow tunnel pop from it.

Anthrax Bomb: End every ground unit not called a toxin tractor. Extreme Zoning.

Overall, these games were fun, and I hope you enjoy them after you take a look smile.gif

Oh forgot:

Quad: Does this need explanation?

This post has been edited by Marakar: 12 Mar 2016, 20:43

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
Zion
post 13 Mar 2016, 1:25
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10992

Wrong thread marakar, this goes in the strategy section tongue.gif
Lmao thanks for expaining what those units do, i had no idea.

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 13 Mar 2016, 8:15
Post #4

Group Icon

Fair point, will probably make a GLA Mirror In-Depth Strategy Guide soon where i'll go into much more detail. As for the unit explanation, I just have it there to give some hints about what happened in the replays, as some parts were specific and I also just described things within the replay. Don't want to spoil all the replay tongue.gif

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
SqUak
post 13 Mar 2016, 9:23
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10930

hey
uhm. well, a gla mirror revolving about quads is a bad mirror, especially in rotr, because rpgs suck. which makes scorpions way more useful.
unless if scorpions are a T2 unit. i don't really remember if they are in rotr.
i mean vs usa and china you should spam quads but vs GLA i don't think it's the best idea because scorpions would do you a better job.

+Quote Post
M.P
post 13 Mar 2016, 12:00
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (SqUak @ 13 Mar 2016, 11:53) *
hey
uhm. well, a gla mirror revolving about quads is a bad mirror, especially in rotr, because rpgs suck. which makes scorpions way more useful.
i mean vs usa and china you should spam quads but vs GLA i don't think it's the best idea because scorpions would do you a better job.

QUESTION:
Do you even play ROTR?

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 13 Mar 2016, 12:28
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (SqUak @ 13 Mar 2016, 9:23) *
hey

The issue with scorps as the main unit is that their rockets are at t2, and their cannon isnt that strong. They also give quads vet, and unlike zh, quads, veteran and salvage actually work properly, turning them into a death machine if fully scrapped and heroic. Quads also are devestating with AP Bullets, which is in t1. Remember that scorps give vet to quads while not vice versa. Scorps need the rockets to be truly effective. Marauders would've been a better choice in this scenario, but have a long build time and are 1200 in comparison to 700 quads.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 13 Mar 2016, 12:28

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 13 Mar 2016, 12:36
Post #8

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Comrade M.P @ 13 Mar 2016, 13:00) *
QUESTION:
Do you even play ROTR?

Cheers MP,

In games like this scorpions salvage wouldnt really help the little cannon, Its better to see battlebusses and mercs.Once T2 salvage is aquired by both factions however its anyones game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1 June 2024 - 3:04