Closed TopicStart new topic
ROTR Replay Thread [Archived]
WNxMastrefubu
post 10 Oct 2012, 6:59
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Well since we have to upload replays to get a subforum, i thought i'd upload the couple i have

the baghdad game is Me "le fube" (USA) and Flyingtank (USA) vs Knjaz (Russia) and Comeradecamo (China) i think you need the mappack to get the baghdad map

and 1v1v1 is between Me "le fube" (China) Comeradecamo (USA) and InfidelCell (USA)

open to criticism, hopefully more people upload so we can get a battle bunker

Attached File  baghdad.rar ( 57.09K ) Number of downloads: 64

Attached File  1v1v1.rar ( 27.35K ) Number of downloads: 39

This post has been edited by Comr4de: 9 Jan 2013, 18:35
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 10 Oct 2012, 8:22
Post #2

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Those matches were awesome. I need to play with you guys some time, maybe we can get pogie and his buddy in there too for some epic battles.

One thing I noticed, the tactics of US and China greatly varied depending on the map. On the bagdad map, the US had a TON of air force, because the map was so huge, they dominated. I noticed that it is very hard to move tanks and troops around on that map quickly at all. On that small snow map, China was able to overpower the US ground forces relatively quickly because they had little air support. The wide open spaces really helped them out on that part, as the China player was able to spread his tanks out rather than having to put them in fatal funnels on bridges and such.

Would have been neat to watch the final battle between Russia and the 2 US players, RF player had ALOT of units to utilize, and RF can be good in defense.

--------------------

+Quote Post
flyingpancake
post 10 Oct 2012, 8:26
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9311

Im at school now so i can't watch them. flyingtank was my ROTR name before FNG just to clear up confusion. isn't the first match where we almost beat china and then your defensive line on the north gets smashed trough by the russian player?

--------------------

''Commander Flyingpancake of 1st syrup to ground Luftwaffle battalion reporting''

+Quote Post
Septone
post 10 Oct 2012, 11:07
Post #4

The guy who requested for 'Battle Reports'.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9299
Just why are you reading this?

Wow! Le Fube is awesome, WNxMastrefubu is awesome you just destroy InfidelCell base first and then Comeradecamo. I laugh on that nuke cannon part the the nuck cannon destoyed Comeradecamo's units! hahaha! By the I'm gonna watch Baghdad!

Wow the Baghdad Replay was awesome Flyingtank (FNG) is genius to destroy the war factory first! Then Command Center of Generalcamo. Then they (Genralcamo and his partner) surrendered.

But my favorite replay is the Baghdad! it's awesome! And WNxMastrefubu don't forget to put who are you. Put like this Me "Le Fube" (USA) or Me "Le Fube" (China).

This post has been edited by Pogie4: 10 Oct 2012, 11:28

--------------------
"When I heard a new version is coming, I knew that this is the right time to come home. So I'm fricking back, bitches."

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 10 Oct 2012, 12:45
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (ultimentra @ 10 Oct 2012, 10:22) *
Would have been neat to watch the final battle between Russia and the 2 US players, RF player had ALOT of units to utilize, and RF can be good in defense.

Well, I knew it was hopeless, since they got all the oil derricks and alot of supplies. Even my eco couldn't compare to theirs.
If Camo would be moving all his LPs with hackers and eco to my base, when he was making them, it'd be a totally different story, I think. (and I persuaded him to do this in next game)

Here's next game on this map.

Knjaz (Russia), Comradecamo (China) VS. FNG (a.k.a. flyingpancake) (GLA), Dragon (USA).

What we didnt realise first, is that, due to position of oil derricks, it's more like South-East vs North-West kind of map, not N/E vs S/W.

In this config (WvE), West gets a huge advantage due to proximity to oil derricks. (just one Western player ends up with 6 of them). I'll probably ask Evan to make small adjustments to this map, if he'll agree. It's a great map, and very "lore friendly". I wish we had smth like NY/Manhattan, Paris/Moscow etc maps.

USA didn't do that much, but he wasn't completely passive. I was damn lucky to secure north-western corner and strenghten my positions there. Could definitely be more active, though. (thank you Zhao for waking me up in those few 1x1s./2x2s) Main battle was going for ComradeCamo's base. He crashed in the end, unfortunately.

I was heavily using Su-25s on this one.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 11 Oct 2012, 8:54

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 10 Oct 2012, 14:52
Post #6

Group Icon

Few comments on that FFA replay.

Well, first of all: Strategic thinking. I.e., total lack of it on the Cell's and Camo's side. They were 2 weaker players in this game, cause Fubu captured 2/3 of map's oil derricks. Yes, Cell kept mindlessly sending in units at Camo (while, as an economically weakest player, he should've been trying to avoid any losses).

FFA's map are usually about strategic/macro, other then tactical/micro thinking. You cannot just rush in against random player without any kind of understanding how exactly your actions affect the flow of the game. You actions should be cost-efficient in both short and long runs.

If you see 2 other players fighting - don't interfere, let them kill each other. If you want to interfere, do it on the side of the weakest. If you see someone losing badly - help him to survive. It'll take way less $$$ to help the weaker/half dead player to survive, then deal with the winner afterwards, when he'll be able to concentrate all of his resorces on you.

On this map, middle is not that strategically important on that map and won't change your fate if you lose it. Most often, it's easy to just demolish all buildings there with artillery/air strikes and be done with it, instead of trying to hold it against other 2 players.

Also, on this map, try to concentrate on grabbing oil derricks in all directions. It helps.
================================

ComradeCamo - serious lack of map awareness in the northern sector. How you could not to feel uneasy about fog of war reaching the border of your own base? I mean, I'd be damn panicking and imagining enemy horde appearing out of there and kicking me hard until I'd have resolved this by placing few scout units.

Cell - same, + when you're economically weakest, you do not simply rush the "mid-strenght" player when you have a waaay higher threat. You have basically been playing in suicide mode, helping strongest player to deal with second strongest. (goes for both of you)

Le Fube - well played. You gave me an idea on how to improve own build order on Snow Triangle (I usually go with early barracks as well, but slightly different) smile.gif
Could have used your resources faster. 20k in mid game feel better in secondary eco/units/buildings/defenses, then in bank. Although, since you were winning anyway, it's unnecessary.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 10 Oct 2012, 14:56

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 10 Oct 2012, 18:45
Post #7

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 10 Oct 2012, 4:45) *
Well, I knew it was hopeless, since they got all the oil derricks and alot of supplies. Even my eco couldn't compare to theirs.
If Camo would be moving all his LPs with hackers and eco to my base, when he was making them, it'd be a totally different story, I think. (and I persuaded him to do this in next game)

Knjaz (Russia), Comradecamo (China) VS. FNG (a.k.a. theflyingpancake) (GLA), Dragon (USA).

What we didnt realise first, is that, due to position of oil derricks, it's more like South-East vs North-West kind of map, not N/E vs S/W.

In this config (WvE), West gets a huge advantage due to proximity to oil derricks. (just one Western player ends up with 6 of them). I'll probably ask Evan to make small adjustments to this map, if he'll agree. It's a great map, and very "lore friendly". I wish we had smth like NY/Manhattan, Paris/Moscow etc maps.

USA didn't do that much, but he wasn't completely passive. I was damn lucky to secure north-western corner and strenghten my positions there. Could definitely be more active, though. (thank you Zhao for waking me up in those few 1x1s./2x2s) Main battle was going for ComradeCamo's base. He crashed in the end, unfortunately.

COMRADE KNJAZ, TEACH ME YOUR WAYS.

Seriously though, RF dominated this game. Loved it. Loved every minute of it.

Overall I would say both sides played very well, only thing that left me confused was that USA went War Factory first even though he was surrounded by city. I feel like if he had on Airfields first he could have done more.

I love your use of storm troopers, especially in taking that northernmost outpost from USA and in your initial attacks against the USA base. And then the MI-40s all loaded with them at the end... my jaw just dropped at how effective that tactic was. It was awesome to watch. It's like I was watching exactly the intended synergy of those two units put together and use to their full potential. ROTR-lore level awesomeness. Reminds me of the lore from the Brazil update, with the stormtroopers in the Mi40.

China and Russia worked very well together, hand in hand battle brothers this time around, good show. China wasn't totally helpless though, as he contributed a great deal to the USA base destruction, loved the use of volunteer groups.

I have to say I cringed when I saw the microwave tank VS volunteer group blob, even though the graphics of this game aren't that good, it was still kinda horrifying in a holy crap thats messed up but awesome kind of way. Kind of scares me a bit that such technology exists today. Talk about FRIED KUNG POW CHICKEN?! aw.gif

GLA player did what GLA does best, and thus was the end of China. Hit and run tactics, sneaky bastard ph34r.gif Especially the troops at those oil derricks, He just seems to pop up in the most inconvenient places!

There is alot going on in this game all at once, I have to say all players had some really good plays in this one and it must have been hell to try and manage all of different fronts a multi-front battle all at once. Good show.

This post has been edited by ultimentra: 10 Oct 2012, 18:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
WNxMastrefubu
post 10 Oct 2012, 20:35
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Pogie4 @ 10 Oct 2012, 6:07) *
Wow! Le Fube is awesome, WNxMastrefubu is awesome you just destroy InfidelCell base first and then Comeradecamo. I laugh on that nuke cannon part the the nuck cannon destoyed Comeradecamo's units! hahaha! By the I'm gonna watch Baghdad!

Wow the Baghdad Replay was awesome Flyingtank (FNG) is genius to destroy the war factory first! Then Command Center of Generalcamo. Then they (Genralcamo and his partner) surrendered.

But my favorite replay is the Baghdad! it's awesome! And WNxMastrefubu don't forget to put who are you. Put like this Me "Le Fube" (USA) or Me "Le Fube" (China).

thank you, i made those edits

+Quote Post
Septone
post 11 Oct 2012, 0:38
Post #9

The guy who requested for 'Battle Reports'.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9299
Just why are you reading this?

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 10 Oct 2012, 19:45) *

Knjaz (Russia), Comradecamo (China) VS. FNG (a.k.a. theflyingpancake) (GLA), Dragon (USA).

Hey Knjaz, sorry about yesterday I surrendered hahaha. Anyway I'll watch this later and by the way FNG is fyingpancake not theflyingpancake.

--------------------
"When I heard a new version is coming, I knew that this is the right time to come home. So I'm fricking back, bitches."

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 11 Oct 2012, 8:55
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pogie4 @ 11 Oct 2012, 2:38) *
Hey Knjaz, sorry about yesterday I surrendered hahaha. Anyway I'll watch this later and by the way FNG is fyingpancake not theflyingpancake.

Thank you, fixed smile.gif
And no, it was fine. I just felt a bit more rushy then usually.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 11 Oct 2012, 11:20
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 10 Oct 2012, 17:45) *

Knjaz (Russia), Comradecamo (China) VS. FNG (a.k.a. flyingpancake) (GLA), Dragon (USA).

Great game. But gotta say it would've been even more interesting if Knjaz and Comradecamo started in each other's positions.

And did the GLA player leave one of the oil derricks uncaptured for some reason in the southern derricks?

+Quote Post
Shock
post 11 Oct 2012, 11:21
Post #12

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Post your ROTR replays here.

I will start with a couple.

Badlands is a replay of me as China vs Knjaz as Russia. We end up on a base trade but because he did not forget to build up his secondary econ, I have no way to really win, while I did manage some early game advantage at some point but didnt press it on when I could.

Camo is me vs Camo, same matchup. China's spam for the win.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Replays.rar ( 51.09K ) Number of downloads: 21

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 11 Oct 2012, 11:34
Post #13

Group Icon

Here's some CompStomping vs 2 Brutals on Battle for Baghdad, if you're bored and want something to watch. (and have a strong PC to fast forward it)

Knjaz (Russia) & Nikolai (GLA), vs 2 Brutal GLAs (unallied, since I wasnt sure of my ally's knowledge of the game)

10.000$ starting cash.

I've put my ally into the north-eastern sector, started myself in the city. That place is HELLUVA HARD to defend with Sentinels. Not much space to build, either.

When I was in the process of finishing off first Brutal, my ally lost connection and I had 2 Sentinels, few mstas and conscripts holding the whole northern flank, where my eco was developing (Russian eco development sucks balls btw, don't believe anyone who'll tell you otherwise.)

Oil derricks saved me this game. Would be impossible to win without those. Still, I was constantly low on cash. Russia is always low on cash, but this time especially.

In the end I bruteforced second AI with a 3 front attack.

+Quote Post
Evan
post 11 Oct 2012, 15:24
Post #14

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

Going to go ahead and suggest there be proper naming of your replays, having them named Replay.replayed.rep is not awesome.

So what about a system like PVP_2v2_MapName.Rep

--------------------

+Quote Post
flyingpancake
post 11 Oct 2012, 15:59
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 11 Oct 2012, 12:20) *
Great game. But gotta say it would've been even more interesting if Knjaz and Comradecamo started in each other's positions.

And did the GLA player leave one of the oil derricks uncaptured for some reason in the southern derricks?

I somehow thought i already got the oil derrick so that's a fail.

--------------------

''Commander Flyingpancake of 1st syrup to ground Luftwaffle battalion reporting''

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 11 Oct 2012, 16:48
Post #16

Group Icon

A 3v2 on Supply Lines.

Me (Russia), Bruce (USA) vs Shock (USA), asdasood-TOS (Russia), mystique (USA).

Latter two were new players, so we decided it'd be possible to handle.

Shock shouldn't have started at the frontline, though, as the most skilled player. (since he would be able to get most out of his economy, if it'd be untouched by rush).

Bruce as always dominates the sky and kills stuff with his backdoor ranger drop.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 11 Oct 2012, 17:39

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 12 Oct 2012, 1:25
Post #17

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

That 1v1v1 is pretty embarrasing XD

EDIT: For me... anyways xd

This post has been edited by InsurgentCell: 12 Oct 2012, 21:19

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 12 Oct 2012, 9:51
Post #18

Forum Green
Group Icon

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 11 Oct 2012, 17:48) *
A 3v2 on Supply Lines.

Well yeah it was pretty bad that I only had one supply dock which was easily harassable (Grumbles could basically hit the Ospreys from within Knjaz's base). I didnt know the map so I didnt know the front position would be so unfavorable, or I would have made a different choice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 13 Oct 2012, 14:22
Post #19

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

hmm i tried to upload a replay file here but it said "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 13 Oct 2012, 16:31
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (InsurgentCell @ 13 Oct 2012, 16:22) *
hmm i tried to upload a replay file here but it said "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file"

Put it into archive.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 13 Oct 2012, 16:53
Post #21

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Here's me and Knjaz VS 3 in supply lines and another involgin me, Knjaz and Bruce VS 3 in another match on Hostile Dawn, couldn't help Knjaz sadly but eventually pulled a win with bomb truck spam and US airforce superoity and took over/nearly an hour.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 13 Oct 2012, 16:53
Attached File(s)
Attached File  2_VS_3_supply_lines_me___knjaz.rar ( 73.46K ) Number of downloads: 16
Attached File  3_Vs_3_Hostile_dawn.rar ( 160.96K ) Number of downloads: 20

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 14 Oct 2012, 20:55
Post #22

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Ahh yes. It's about time this type of thread was started.

I am ComradeCamo by the way, I use Generalcamo for Shockwave matches. I will post some replays as soon as I figure out where GenTool stores all of my replays...

+Quote Post
Shock
post 17 Oct 2012, 0:28
Post #23

Forum Green
Group Icon

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 13 Oct 2012, 17:53) *
Here's me and Knjaz VS 3 in supply lines and another involgin me, Knjaz and Bruce VS 3 in another match on Hostile Dawn, couldn't help Knjaz sadly but eventually pulled a win with bomb truck spam and US airforce superoity and took over/nearly an hour.

I suggest everyone watch that 3v3 Hostile dawn match. It's a bit awkward due to wrong starting positions (poor hanter, I felt for him), but then gal-licious or whats his name shows how to play ROTR GLA. He has nearly twice the supplies of everyone else due to extreme agression and still manages to not flood anything at all, playing as what can be described as a brutal army with smarts. His high losses don't matter much against all the cash bounty he receives, and Knjaz just can't keep up.

In the end his macro-heavy style is used against him profitably by dangerman and Bruce, as he doesnt look out well for bomb trucks and always goes in the front door instead of choosing another way.

A Sentinel can one shot 2 bikes, but it still loses when it has to face 10...

--------------------

+Quote Post
flyingpancake
post 18 Oct 2012, 22:05
Post #24

Group Icon

Here is a replay of me and Krakenz. any tips, criticism and praise are welcome.
I lost because i didn't notice that my command van(or whatever it's called) was destroyed. Because if that woudn't have happend i could have used my sneak atacks to take out his scattered bases. however i was stupid this match and bested me fair and square.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Close_call.rar ( 53.75K ) Number of downloads: 14

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 19 Oct 2012, 10:31
Post #25

Forum Green
Group Icon

QUOTE (flyingpancake @ 18 Oct 2012, 23:05) *
Here is a replay of me and Krakenz. any tips, criticism and praise are welcome.
I lost because i didn't notice that my command van(or whatever it's called) was destroyed. Because if that woudn't have happend i could have used my sneak atacks to take out his scattered bases. however i was stupid this match and bested me fair and square.

Few notes:
Generally: build more tunnels. You had only one tunnel at the bottom supply but it didnt connect to anything, so how can you hope to defend that spot when your units are everywhere else. When he goes to attack your top base, you didnt have a tunnel so you went to run all your units at him in a train to be destroyed one at a time. That looks quite silly when you are GLA and can put stealthed tunnels everywhere. A little scenario, what if you did have a stealthed tunnel up top and you had a bomb truck?

And then, with the Grads and rocket buggies that you casually run down the bottom, to get them harassed at by an artillery platform, while you were smart enough to build a tunnel right next to it! Why not build some terrorists, get them out under the arties minimum range and destroy it, or even just capture it?

You had a tunnel down the bottom the whole time and it was inches away from an undefended supply center, yet you did not use your units to kill it. When he attacked your top base, use the momentum to attack his bottom. Then with a tunnel you can be back at your base easily before he proceeds to attack anything else. This is the advantage of GLA, and it is worth much more than spamming lots of Stinger Sites.

Not having Sneak Attacks making you lose is simply a result of you not having enough normal tunnels in the first place.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 10:36