IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Multiplayer Not Functional, I'm the only one in lobby despite other players being online
TankCommanderT55
post 27 Jan 2018, 4:49
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 16778

So a friend and myself have been trying to play Shockwave for a while now, last time we gave up but this time I want to try and find a fix so we can play together. When I launch shockwave with SWR.net enabled I see only myself in the lobby and nobody else, and no games running whatsoever even though there are other players online in the launcher. My friend can see all the other games players. I have tried with and without direct connect, we've tried running without swr.net using Evolve and that doesn't work. I have run swr.net enabled with all firewalls disabled and still no joy. I'm not sure what to try at the moment but I have attached my swr.net log after converting it to a text file. I'm running the Origin version of Generals.

Dunno if it's worth mentioning but in-case it's something ISP related I'm in Australia with Telstra and my friend has no trouble however he's in the US.

Any help greatly appreciated thankyou

This post has been edited by TankCommanderT55: 27 Jan 2018, 4:51
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SWR.net.txt ( 4.33K ) Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 27 Jan 2018, 12:37
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

when you start the game with swrnet on whats the IP address in the options menu? it needs to be 10.X
also make sure the adapter has installed. in your network adapters in control panel there will be one called swrnet2 (tap 9 adapter) if its not there u need to reinstall it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TankCommanderT55
post 27 Jan 2018, 12:48
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Skitt @ 27 Jan 2018, 13:37) *
when you start the game with swrnet on whats the IP address in the options menu? it needs to be 10.X
also make sure the adapter has installed. in your network adapters in control panel there will be one called swrnet2 (tap 9 adapter) if its not there u need to reinstall it.

My ingame IP is 10.0.0.80 and in the dropdown I have 10.1.0.192. I have a tap 9 adapter that is classed as connected when shockwave is open with SWR.net open however it's not called swrnet2.

+Quote Post
TankCommanderT55
post 28 Jan 2018, 6:06
Post #4

Group Icon

Don't worry about it, got Evolve to work with 1.201 so we'll just use that instead because it works well

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 8 Apr 2018, 19:17
Post #5

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12634

swr.net will likely be less laggy - you might have direct connect on, some computers can only access SWRnet without it.

+Quote Post
TankCommanderT55
post 9 Apr 2018, 7:29
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (XoGamer @ 8 Apr 2018, 20:17) *
swr.net will likely be less laggy - you might have direct connect on, some computers can only access SWRnet without it.

Tried with and without direct connect but to no avail. Evolve works and without issue, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 9 Apr 2018, 7:50
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

did you mess with your router ports? direct connect wont work at all if the ports arnt open in the router, and sometimes it wont work at all with or without direct connect if you royaly messed the ports up when opening them.
Theres also some router makes that dont support port forwarding (even though they say they do) zte's for eg.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 8:45